Creating a new style (like the one on this site)

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Get Involved
Obfuscatus

Creating a new style (like the one on this site)

Post by Obfuscatus » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:09 am

I am in the process of setting up the phpBB forum that we installed on our website, which will be used for our guild in the MMO Pirates of the Burning Sea. I am pretty new at this so I am in the process of reading up on how to configure the board beyond the basics which are self explanatory. My roomate runs the website, I admin the forum, and basically we want to know how to set up a style that will carry over our websites layout to our forum page, much like what is done on this very website with the nav banner at the top and a column in the center. Is this achieved through creating a new style template or by somehow embedding the forum into the page? Any documentation about this that you could point me toward would be very helpful as well. Thanks in advance.

prototech
Former Team Member

Re: Creating a new style (like the one on this site)

Post by prototech » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:51 am

It's much easier to get your board to look like your site by editing the style files instead of including the board into another page as that usually brings problems with it. To add/edit a container, menu, header, etc. you need to edit overall_header.html and overall_footer.html.
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.

Obfuscatus

Post by Obfuscatus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:30 am

Thanks a ton for the reply! Is there any documentation on embedding the forum in the page, as far as how to do it and the pros/cons in case I decide to do it?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:57 am

Obfuscatus wrote:Thanks a ton for the reply! Is there any documentation on embedding the forum in the page, as far as how to do it and the pros/cons in case I decide to do it?
you can't really do it that way. you have to edit the phpbb files to add your site's html/css to it.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Obfuscatus

Post by Obfuscatus » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:31 am

I see, do you think thats how its done on this site?

prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:37 am

This board isn't included into another page; the style the board uses is actually used throughout the site.
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.

Matthew69

Post by Matthew69 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:54 am

You could make you custom phpBB pages with the information on them. This is from the Knowledge Base

Knowledge Base - Add a New Custom Page to phpBB

Good Luck!

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”