Auto Groups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Auto Groups

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Auto Groups
Author: A_Jelly_Doughnut
Modification description: Gives administrators options to place users in groups based on post count, membership days, and warning points
Modification version: 1.0.2
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.6

Download file: auto-groups-102.zip
File size: 69.99 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 13 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Auto Groups

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Auto Groups

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

This post has been reserved for the MOD author.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
oddfish

Re: Auto Groups

Post by oddfish »

nice addition thanks.

one suggestion, could you please remove the tab spaces before and after the code in several of the FIND as select all does not find them because of it which causes the user to manually select the code to FIND.

Also there are several places in the install where tab spacings are introduced in the code to ADD.

cheers,
oddfish.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net
ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

Has this changed from 0.2.3?
Heather
HishamAbu

Post by HishamAbu »

Will this mod allow me to automatically place certain members into their specific groups via after registration, and selection of the appropriate custom profile field? e.g. male (customer profile field) to male (group) and female (customer profile field) to female (group).

Thank you.
Kind regards, HishamAbu
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

ham1299 wrote:Has this changed from 0.2.3?
Changes are listed in the download.

I believe it was one file edit and three files to upload.
evannak

Post by evannak »

Please help!!!!!!
after i installed it i see nothing happen... what would be added to the acp??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
oddfish

Post by oddfish »

evannak - ACP -> USERS AND GROUPS .. Manage Groups. Check in the settings for a group and you will see Auto Group Settings.

A_Jelly_Doughnut - is there a setting that will allow a user to retain their default group colour without changing due to Make default automatically being ticked ?

we have many users of a higher rank that are being defaulted to a lower group, rank and colour due to their post count ie vip's with a low post count are having their colour and rank changed by this feature.

cheers,
oddfish.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

oddfish wrote:A_Jelly_Doughnut - is there a setting that will allow a user to retain their default group colour without changing due to Make default automatically being ticked ?
That is a bug that I know I've fixed at least once ... must be another version of it somewhere. Users should only have to deal with that once.

*subscribes to topic*
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
Fazly

Post by Fazly »

Please tell me how to upload this file into a free forum host!
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

In all liklihood, you cannot. Most hosts like that don't allow you that kind of access.
A Donut's Blog
basilh

Post by basilh »

Hi there, just coming to terms with phpBB after my first ever installation of a PHP board. I've tried adding this mod a couple of times (my first MOD attempt), but keep getting a set of error lines appear at the top of the screen like this;

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_admin.php:1)

Is this happening because I am using a a different forum style (Avalon Green)?
Are these MOD's only for the standard image template? Does this make any difference?

Thanks in advance for your help.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

That error means you (or your text editor) added a new line to the start of the includes/functions_user.php file. Remove it and re-upload the file :)
A Donut's Blog
basilh

Post by basilh »

Hi, thanks for that, have followed the tutorial again, opening the pages in notebook. Unfortunately there is still the same problem. I checked the includes/functions_user.php page, and can't see any extra line, so I rechecked all the code, and it all looks fine?

Sorry for being a pain, do you have any other ideas? :oops:

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”