subSilver now available!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
BartVB
Consultant
Consultant

Post by BartVB »

Wow! This really looks GREAT! Awsome ;) Guess I'll stick with the default phpBB2 template/theme for my production board :) Hmm.. Yum!

Also love it that you don't have to tab over the bbcode buttons when replying (I hate using the mouse ;))..

BTW it is possible to insert smileys at the cursor position, faqts.com (I think it's that one) has some info about that. Problem is that that doesn't work on netscape and it can screw up really slow PC's. Just search for 'caret' or something like that, I have the code snippet here (have used it for a while on my phpBB board) so I could mail that. But it has a few drawbacks. Actually removed that (after using it a few months) from my board today..
I Hate oversized sigs and Love Penguins :D
DK

problem with SubSilver Template

Post by DK »

I've had a problem with the subsilver template only, only on this site , not on subsky. I posted it earlier in the Beta Tester forum, here:

http://phpbb.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=876

:evil:
adder

Post by adder »

psoTFX wrote:
PSO will still be updated, Tom will update subSilver (obviously ... !). PSO will probably be in the final distro as an extra template, either that or it'll be downloadable (just no one complain about the position of the buttons ;) ).

Glad to hear it :) I personally love the extra-lightweight feel of the PSO templates (and really dig the color combo for the Cool Midnight scheme). I'll not be complaining about button positions, either... I'll just move them where I'd like! ;)
SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Post by SHS` »

Just a few more suggestions. :)

1) The PM section hasn't got the full subBlue treatment yet. Just some icons, nothing too major.

2) The textbox for PMs is quite a bit narrower than the regular one.....

3) The textbox used for the mouseover infotips is too short in IE6 when "URL" is mouseovered. Could be remedied by changing "Close Tags" to a push button and to move it to the same row as the other buttons, thus allowing more room for the text box.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
subBlue
Former Team Member

Post by subBlue »

1) The PM section hasn't got the full subBlue treatment yet. Just some icons, nothing too major.
2) The textbox for PMs is quite a bit narrower than the regular one.....
3) The textbox used for the mouseover infotips is too short in IE6 when "URL" is mouseovered. Could be remedied by changing "Close Tags" to a push button and to move it to the same row as the other buttons, thus allowing more room for the text box.

1) The PM is still undergoing a revamp by PSO.

2) See 1.

3) I know, this is changing very soon when some more bbCode formatting is added...
SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Post by SHS` »

Ooops, no worries. I forgot the PM section was getting a revamp.... I only read the forum every day.... :?
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
Kanuck
Former Team Member

Post by Kanuck »

Posted by subBlue:
I think this is more an issue with people being able to enter nonsense date formats. I have been considering changing the date format box to a more user friendly drop down list with the common date variations.

The repeating cell background is actually something i use intentionally with the silver/grey cells to get that nice chamfer look. Like many things it was something i stumbled across by accident, but duely exploited hehe :D

Yeah, I gotcha... but I don't think you got me. Don't worry, it always seems to happen :)

Check this out: your current CSS code produces the weirdness that reminds me of the warp core in Star Trek, and I'm relatively sure that the modified code would produce the bottom one. Tiny thing, of course... but it's the tiny things that count. I've noticed your impeccable attention to the subtler things, and I'm impressed :)

Kanuck
Former phpBB.com team member
Shantra

Post by Shantra »

The new style is just FANTASTIC! :D
I almost thougt that I came to the wrong site :o

But there is one small BUG! Check out the ICQ button/button 6 on the posts. It looks like the button have been placed as a background in a too large table.
One more thing! The forum (topics/posts) fits no longer in my 800x600 window. It is a little too wide.
tanis

Post by tanis »

Here's a better explanation of what Shantra's saying. It happened to me too, when ICQ server was not reachable. (An image taken from this board follows)

subBlue
Former Team Member

Post by subBlue »

Yeah, the ICQ overlay code has been changed slightly on transfer from subSky to here and the ICQ flower image size is no longer predefined. I'll get this fixed soon.

The page not fitting within 800x600 is probably due to the links below the title being too wide (especially with a long login name). Hopefully this should be changing soon so that Register button doesn't need to show once you are logged in, so those links could be more compact.

The page will also appear wider than the browser if a long code section is displayed. Hopefully the code, quote and signature displays will be definable in CSS soon so a better alternative could be created. Personally, i dislike the current view as it's far too small a font...
Silverion

Post by Silverion »

This look GREAT !! :! :!
Silverion
unofficial Beta tester ;-)

P.S. Sorry for my far from perfect english im italian ...

http://www.tip.it
http://www.arenascape.net/ ARENAscape MUD like browser text game im developing ..
Shantra

Post by Shantra »

subBlue,
OK then, I thought that you maybe had hardcoded the width or something :D

By the way! Check your email ;)
subBlue
Former Team Member

Post by subBlue »

A page rendering speed issue has arisen with Netscape 4 users. Take a look at this poll to see what you think...
Jante

Post by Jante »

so where can we get this beutiful template to use on our own phpBBv2?
nathan
Former Team Member

Post by nathan »

Jante: This will ship with phpBB2 as the default template.. When we're ready. :)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”