subSilver now available!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Jante

Post by Jante »

*does his happy-dance*

I cant wait!! :D
Kanuck
Former Team Member

Post by Kanuck »

Sub, you ought to get rid of the "line-height: 100%;" in the CSS for posts... when the size is increased or decreased, it throws off line spacing. Large text bleeds into other lines, small text is spaced out (like my sig, that's how I noticed the prob :))

----------
Never mind, it got fixed within five seconds, heh :)
Kanuck
Former phpBB.com team member
Bananeweizen

Smilies at cursor

Post by Bananeweizen »

subBlue wrote:
2) Unfortunately you can't insert smilies at the cursor position unless you have something selected.

This doesn't hold true for the Internet Explorer. But browser specific code and behaviour might be really ugly for a bulletin board.

Ciao, Michael.
Bananeweizen

Smilies at cursor

Post by Bananeweizen »

subBlue wrote:
2) Unfortunately you can't insert smilies at the cursor position unless you have something selected.

This doesn't hold true for the Internet Explorer. But browser specific code and behaviour might be really ugly for a bulletin board.

Ciao, Michael.
Kanuck
Former Team Member

Post by Kanuck »

Quick fix, in the CSS, change TD.icqback to:

Code: Select all

TD.icqback   {background-image: url(templates/subSilver/images/icon_icq_add.gif); background-repeat: 50% 50% no-repeat;}
Oops, never mind... I see the height and width tags were the only fix it needed :)
Kanuck
Former phpBB.com team member
subBlue
Former Team Member

Post by subBlue »

[quote]
Sub, you ought to get rid of the "line-height: 100%;" in the CSS for posts... when the size is increased or decreased, it throws off line spacing. Large text bleeds into other lines, small text is spaced out (like my sig, that's how I noticed the prob :))
Yeah, the font colouring and sizing will be coming to the posting page soon so i'll change the postbody style accordingly.
LoneDragon

Post by LoneDragon »

Holy smeg, this is AWESOME!!!

I have only one problem with it though... There's no way in heck I can do better :x
"Throw me a frickin bone here!"
Jante

Post by Jante »

Hehe.. Hi LD, btw..
subBlue
Former Team Member

Optimising

Post by subBlue »

I've been optimising the hell out of the theme to make Netscape 4 users happy :twisted: See my last post in this topic
Frisbee Dog

Post by Frisbee Dog »

Man... I can't wait for the release.
jaeger_m

Post by jaeger_m »

Where can I download it (for the current beta)?
subBlue
Former Team Member

Post by subBlue »

The subSilver theme is in CVS but i'd wait a day or two as i'm doing some serious optimisations to it to improve page display on slower computers/Netscape 4
LoneDragon

Post by LoneDragon »

Did I already mention how good this looks? It's unlike any other forum interface I've ever seen... slick, friendly, calm, inviting - absolutely everything I've been trying (and failing) to do with mine, and more. But I do have one niggle though:

When you tab down from the message body box, you get to the Spell Check button first, then have to go all the way through the rest of the cycle before you end up at the Submit Post button, including all the smileys and bbcode buttons. Not sure wether it's a niggle with subSilver or if it's something to do with what people have added in this particular forum? Anyhow, it bugs me, so I posted it :D

[sidenote] 'ello Jante, come to wait for a stable release, eh?;)
"Throw me a frickin bone here!"
intrahost com

congrats!

Post by intrahost com »

Yea, nice job subblue! I LOVE the design. Its so Windows XPish which for some ODD reason I really like. I love the whole smoooothness of it all. hehe.

Maybe I'll have to higher you to work on some intrahost stuff, hehe.
Jeff Link - intrahost.com

Domain Names (com, net, org, info, biz) for only $16.95 a year with extensive control panel. Visit NewLinkOne.com today!
dougk_ff7
Former Team Member

Post by dougk_ff7 »

Hey, I guess a nice request (if anyone wants to try it) is for a template that looks like Aqua, Mac OS X's new graphics thingy (for lack of a better name ;) ). That would be a REALLY awesome layout. So there's a project for anyone who knows what it looks like. :mrgreen:
dougk_ff7.... stand by for sig! oooh! wow.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”