MOD Description: A caching enabled template engine to replace the standard phpBB engine. The main goal of speedy is to be as fast as possible while maintaining compatibility.
MOD Version: 0.1.6
I was talking to some other phpBB users about optimizing phpBB and it was pointed out that most of the page execution time is spent with template.php, not queries. I slightly modified the stock template.php to add caching to see how it would compare. It was faster than the standard template.php, but nowhere close to XS or another template engine posted by someones else. Being competitive, I decided to work on a more efficient engine (modified from the stock engine) and this is the fruits of my labors.
MOD Download: Download
- Fastest compile and execution times of any template engine available
- Removes requirement for templates loops to be on their own line
- Caches compiled templates
- Option to cache language variable in compiled templates
- Degrades gracefully if unable to cache templates
- Able to run php code from templates
- Easy Installation
- Initial release
- Rewritten code for readability
- Fixed problem with eval and JumpBox
- Fixed problem with wrong values replacing placeholders
- Added code to generate different filename based on version
- Added regex to combine back-to-back php tags
- Removed static declaration for php4 compatibility
- Renamed files variable back to standard name for attachment MOD support
- Figured out the real problem with the attachment MOD and fixed it. (Requires modification to attach_mod/displaying.php)
- Suppresses errors properly when cache is not writable
- Removed duplicate code from assign_var_from_handle
- Added Language cache feature. Can be toggled on/off by commenting line.
- Added automatic checking or language updates. Can be toggled on/off by commenting line.
- Output buffered pparses to speed up load times
- Much prettier cache filenames
- Whitespace is stripped from compiled templates
- Created blacklist of template variables prefixed with 'L_' to never cache with the language cache. These are strings that may change from page to page.
- Split up template.php into 2 files, one containing only the compile function to improve overall parse time.
Split Topic Type Mod