Email on Birthday

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Email on Birthday

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Email on Birthday
Author: TW1920
Modification description: If Birthdays are enabled this will send an email to the members on their birthday, can be turned off via ACP
Modification version: 1.0.1b
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.6

Download file: email_on_birthday_1_0_1b.zip
File size: 61.58 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 14 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Email on Birthday

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
lefty74

Email on Birthday

Post by lefty74 »

thanks very much for validating :)
Last edited by lefty74 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
vlamis.gr

http://www.vlamis.gr - Email on Birthday

Post by vlamis.gr »

Hello
I have unziped the "email_on_birthday_1_0_0" to my local HDD.

Please, tell me, where ( dir) to upload the files to my host, ( forum is here : http://www.vlamis.gr/forum) and how to setup / test after setup, this addon.

Thanks in advance

George Vlamis - Sail the land of ancient gods - Explore your senses in Greece
Last edited by camm15h on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: No need for two URLs :)
lefty74

Re: Email on Birthday

Post by lefty74 »

open email_on_birthday.xml in a browser, you will find the instructions in there.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
vlamis.gr

Post by vlamis.gr »

It is not clear what to do with this :

SQL
Code: Select All
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('birthday_emails', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('birthday_run', '');

Select all and then do what ?

Is it correct if I ignore the "select all" , and after opening the config.php insert 2 lines :
(config_name, config_value) VALUES ('birthday_emails', '0');
(config_name, config_value) VALUES ('birthday_run', '');

?

Please, help me

Thanks again

Last edited by camm15h on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Again no need for URL :)
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

if you are not sure how to install mods, you should read some of the articles in the support tab.

how to execute SQL in phpMyAdmin is described here
lefty74
Jaymie1989
Name: Jaymie

Post by Jaymie1989 »

Great mod, I was looking for one like this at is was in its ALPHA stages. Great that this one is released :D
Dear creators of Sesame Street,
Kids are still fat. Can I come back now?
Sincerely, Cookie Monster.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

thanks Jaymie :D
lefty74
vlamis.gr

Post by vlamis.gr »

Dear lefty74

I am not a "very expert" , but with your help I have almost done !
Please, tell me what to do with "modx.prosilver.en.xsl" (where to upload this file) and how to "purge cache and refresh templates". (Do you mean delete all temporary Internet files and press refresh on browser to my local PC, or is an action to perform inside myAdmin?)

Your "email on birthday" is an excellent tool ... Thank you very much

Last edited by camm15h on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

vlamis.gr wrote:Dear lefty74

I am not a "very expert" , but with your help I have almost done !
Please, tell me what to do with "modx.prosilver.en.xsl" (where to upload this file) and how to "purge cache and refresh templates". (Do you mean delete all temporary Internet files and press refresh on browser to my local PC, or is an action to perform inside myAdmin?)

Your "email on birthday" is an excellent tool ... Thank you very much
modx.prosilver.en.xsl does not need to go anywhere, it is used so that you can see the install file in your browser but does not have anything further to do with the mod.In the Administration Panel you will be able to clear your cache.
lefty74
Jaymie1989
Name: Jaymie

Post by Jaymie1989 »

vlamis.gr wrote:Hello
I have unziped the "email_on_birthday_1_0_0" to my local HDD.

Please, tell me, where ( dir) to upload the files to my host, and how to setup / test after setup, this addon.

Thanks in advance
If you dont know how to install a MODX please read this http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=724145
Dear creators of Sesame Street,
Kids are still fat. Can I come back now?
Sincerely, Cookie Monster.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services
vlamis.gr

Post by vlamis.gr »

Jaymie1989 Thanks for the support ! Very good link ( how to install a MODX ) - Thanks again !

lefty74 Thank you very muck once again for your help and your patience to help a newb like me.

What administration panel do you mean? In phpMyadmin or the admin panel of phpBB3 ?

And one more ( last :roll: ) question :oops:

In my board I use Italian phpBB forum language - Greek phpBB forum language and phpBB forum in some other languages .
Question 1 : If I leave everything as is after the installatin of "email on birthday" (english birthday_email.txt ), what happens on birthday to Greek or Italian speaking users ? They recheive a "Happy birthday" in English too ?
Question 2 : What may I can do to send the "Happy birthday" in Greek and Italian language ? Repeat the procedure ( like english installation) and translate birthday_email.txt in other languages ?

Thanks again

Last edited by camm15h on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

vlamis.gr wrote:
What administration panel do you mean? In phpMyadmin or the admin panel of phpBB3 ?
Sorry, I should have said, its the admin panel of phpbb3, there should be a button to purge your cache.
In my board I use Italian phpBB forum language - Greek phpBB forum language and phpBB forum in some other languages .
Question 1 : If I leave everything as is after the installatin of "email on birthday" (english birthday_email.txt ), what happens on birthday to Greek or Italian speaking users ? They recheive a "Happy birthday" in English too ?
No, there will likely be an error that birthday_email.txt could not be found.
Question 2 : What may I can do to send the "Happy birthday" in Greek and Italian language ? Repeat the procedure ( like english installation) and translate birthday_email.txt in other languages ?
You will need to also put the file called birthday_email.txt in the respective lang/it/email and lang/gr/email folders. those files you can translate and then it should work.
lefty74
demon327

Post by demon327 »

nice mod, but is there a way to get the user age in the e-mail?

so you have something like this

Code: Select all

Subject: Happy Birthday {USERNAME}! 

Dear {USERNAME},

Many congratulations on your {age} birthday and have a great day !!

{EMAIL_SIG}

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”