[REQ]$$$ - Virtual Stock Market MOD for the Point System $$$

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
scoobie

[REQ]$$$ - Virtual Stock Market MOD for the Point System $$$

Post by scoobie »

My users gets Points for participating in my community (forum, referrals, adding reviews, photos etc) - they can buy things in the virtual shop or put them in the virtual bank to gain interest. I notice people are getting involved in making more and more MODs for the points system (lottery mod | quiz mod etc). So here is my idea of what would be a great add-on.

I'd like to see a MOD created where users can invest their points in admin-defined virtual stocks/shares. Other sites do this but not very well cause it isn't integrated with a community feel. http://www.popex.com and http://www.bbc.co.uk/celebdaq

For example if you have a Sports Site you could have stocks for Liverpool | Man Utd | Arsenal | Barcelona | Real Madrid etc...

If you have a music site then Oasis | U2 | REM.... well you get my drift.

Based on the real 'but not much fun' ;-) stock market - shares go up when people buy them and go down when people sell them. It should also be possible for mods/admins to mass adjust shares based on 'events' - such as a team beats another team, wins league/cup or a band announces a tour or reaches No1 in the charts.

Its quite in-depth but Its quite simple really. Anyone interested just PM me.
You can have it all if you like... but you can pay for it the rest of your life.
kip2001

Post by kip2001 »

Very good Idea! Maybe Zarath could give it a try :?
FreeFall

good idea...

Post by FreeFall »

this is a good idea and is what i also want.
I am doing that type of thing now, but with music...e.g if an artist goes in @ #1 their price (share value) goes up and so on. The only thing is it is hard to admin.
Does anyone have any other easier ways??

BTW does anyone happen to know what software BBC use for celebdaq and if its available? :D
I know there is a stockmarket mod but that only increases/decreases on the popularity of shares
SquaredCircle

Post by SquaredCircle »

Man, I've been requesting this mod for a long time now and never got any type of response. I'd love to see this one done.
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

woohoo

interested people
lets get some momentum going and some ideas in and how exactly it will work... and maybe a MOD creator here will be interested in this and will help in creating this.
You can have it all if you like... but you can pay for it the rest of your life.
Red~Ice

Re: good idea...

Post by Red~Ice »

FreeFall wrote: this is a good idea and is what i also want.
I am doing that type of thing now, but with music...e.g if an artist goes in @ #1 their price (share value) goes up and so on. The only thing is it is hard to admin.
Does anyone have any other easier ways??

BTW does anyone happen to know what software BBC use for celebdaq and if its available? :D
I know there is a stockmarket mod but that only increases/decreases on the popularity of shares

i really like that idea considering i have a music site also. :D
http://www.incredibledesigns.tk
.::Incredible Designs\|/SkyTechModifications::.
Sky-Techknology2.2.0
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

Cash Mod v2.0.0, while not built for this purpose, will have this feature built right in.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
Red~Ice

Post by Red~Ice »

Xore wrote: Cash Mod v2.0.0, while not built for this purpose, will have this feature built right in.

so you mean that it will have that stock thing in it?
http://www.incredibledesigns.tk
.::Incredible Designs\|/SkyTechModifications::.
Sky-Techknology2.2.0
davenporter

Post by davenporter »

I would love to have something like this. I think DigitalBackSpin forums (www.digitalbackspin.com/phpbb2) has something like this but I would like someone to make an official mod... that'd be sweet! oh, and it should be on the FORUM COMPANIES, maybe...

you know, with the points system forums become like a virtual marketplace, i've had people selling games left and right on my forums, and they aren't even all that big yet... so anyway, a few more big comprehensive mods like this that resemble the bank, shop, and lottery mods would be more than welcome!!!
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

one catch:

it's not points system

i honestly don't know what happened to eXplosive, so i'm deving my own Cash Mod from scratch, that i hope will surpass the previous Points System made by eXplosive.

please feel free to place feature requests on my thread, as i'll be incorporating as much as possible into each release of Cash Mod
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
[SF] Omega

Post by [SF] Omega »

Yeah, I need an actual mod that isn't involved with cash mod.

I loved the cash mod, but it interfered with shop. I can't use it. So therefore, I really need a separate stock market mod. I'd love it!

Please! :D :D

I'd be very interested.

Thanks!

Megs
Signed,

[SF] Commodore Omega
Doe Ray Me
Name: Ethan Shand

Post by Doe Ray Me »

Xore wrote: one catch:

it's not points system

i honestly don't know what happened to eXplosive, so i'm deving my own Cash Mod from scratch, that i hope will surpass the previous Points System made by eXplosive.

please feel free to place feature requests on my thread, as i'll be incorporating as much as possible into each release of Cash Mod

Might not overtake my one, mines doing great now :lol: jus playing man, your one is great, im really impressed with it, well done

peace
www.pittt.tk

Post by www.pittt.tk »

you guys wanting a stockmarket like the one at my site?
check out http://www.pittt.tk

A msg board with loads of mods
epic1231

Post by epic1231 »

where did you get that slot machine mod from i like it alot that and the activities mod both of them are pretty neat
http://www.doppysearch.com - submit your website to our search directory free!
Moogie

Post by Moogie »

I don't know if you guys have already tried it and decided against it, but I made a stockmarket mod which works with the item shop (v1.2.0) and points mod -
www.shiningforcecentral.com/phpbbmods
Moogie

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”