[DEV] Clan Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
agentneo

[DEV] Clan Mod

Post by agentneo »

sorry:

i have stopped working on this mod. i may resume modifications at a later time. sorry to all :(
Last edited by agentneo on Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

http://FGServers.com
- Low Ping Gaming Servers for $2.99 / Slot!
PM me if you need PHP, Design, or forum work done for cheap paypal $
agentneo

Post by agentneo »

wow i forgot the link, sorry guys must be thinking how pointless this post was huh.... well i added it into the first post

Nick novalisX

Post by Nick novalisX »

looks great! and just what i need at the moment :D
RMS

Post by RMS »

Sounds really cool! :)

...however, I assume this can't actually be used practically yet though, correct?
This is my signature.
_CuRe_

Post by _CuRe_ »

Sounds good will wait for the full version.
Dalgar

Post by Dalgar »

Hi. You gotta be registered to register a clan, but there is no link to register 8) I found my own way to the forums, but it wasn't in the mod. Being a dumb ass here :wink:

You should integrate this with phpMyTourney :D Integrating a tournement mod with phpBB would be awesome!

Will post more later...

EDIT: Clans don't normally have MSN's and stuff. Maybe change the wording, and put "Clan Leader Messenger" or "Contact" instead of "Clan Messenger"

All of the clan description doesn't show up.
The Early Bird May Get The Worm But The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.
RMS

Post by RMS »

Ah yes, I've used phpMyTourney before, but alone it didn't really quite pack the punch that I was looking for...however, if this can somehow to integrated to work with the clans and phpbb it sounds to have great potential. :D

As far as features and functionability goes (trying not to get too far ahead of myself) I was assuming that since you probably are using the "points mod" it would be cool if you could create another instance of that to make it something like "fame rating" or "prestige" or something...maybe not now, but maybe some time in the future. Then the clans will have this rating altered by the admin/s according to who wins tournaments or whatever system it would be based upon. Then since it's a problem in "clans-type groups" that there will most likely be some people that want to just ruin things for others and be the ones with bad reputations, which is "fine" but it should be made clear. Then, say maybe for each win the admin might want to award 5 prestige points, but automatically for every 3 people leaving a certain clan, it gets 2 points deducted...for why would so many clan members want to leave a good clan? (oh, and I assume we don't have to call them clans, right?)
Oh yeah! Back to the original points I wanted to make, would it be at least possible to have a verification thing like the user groups, so that someone can't just join any clan even without the clan members and leader's approval? That would be a bit chaotic (just in case, that wasn't already planned :wink: )

...if this was all pretty much already planned, or something like it, then nevermind me :P
This is my signature.
agentneo

Post by agentneo »

ok will try to answer everyones question:

this mod is mostly just being tested my people that are already registered members of the community - so i will add a link to register.

also things that dont work:

clan description needs to modded a little
login, not finished

also right now all you can do is register a clan and edit its info.

you can register here:

www.fraggamers.com/forum/profile.php?mode=register

agentneo

Post by agentneo »

also about phpmytourny i think it would be cool to intergrate that with phpbb and i will defently look into it!

thank you for the great idea. :D

RMS

Post by RMS »

...how's this coming along? :)
This is my signature.
Dalgar

Post by Dalgar »

sorry to revive this from the gutter, but I see recently that you have made a ton of progress on it on your site. Are you still planning on releasing it?
The Early Bird May Get The Worm But The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.
agentneo

Post by agentneo »

i actaully was going to scrap the project due to the fact that it required over 100 hours of work, but then someone offered me $250 dollars to buy the sript. anyway i apologize because i know how 'phpbb is free, follow in the spirit of phpbb' and i really would except for the fact that these scripts sell for about $200+ dollars and if i realeased there would be no need for the existing ladder sites because everyone would have one.

also on top of that it needs custom instaltion and is not cleaned up for public use.

so i apologize for not realeasing it, and i will try to get some mods that i can realease.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”