Theme help!

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
brainman

Theme help!

Post by brainman »

I was wondering if anyone in here are very adept at making custom themes for phpBB, and perhaps even enjoys making them.

I have long been wanting to mod phpBB to fit in with the rest of the site, but I guess I am too dumb to figure it out :cry:

Anyway, if anyone was really bored then it would be great to get a theme that would "blend in" on the middle of www.scarletsun.net, so far I have been using the really cool Chronicles theme.
-|>EEF<|-|Beaver|-

Post by -|>EEF<|-|Beaver|- »

well, i may have time to do it, but i looked at your site, and theres no link to a phpbb board,?

ok, so what you wana do is send me the link to your phpbb board, and tell me what you want it to be like, make me a admin, so i can access the styles section. OK
Red~Ice

Post by Red~Ice »

thats powered by ezboard...sorry cant help...unless you change to another server...then i can give you a style i've been working on...
http://www.incredibledesigns.tk
.::Incredible Designs\|/SkyTechModifications::.
Sky-Techknology2.2.0
brainman

Post by brainman »

Actually, it's not powered by EZ Board, that is just the main board used for the main discussions for the sole reason that most EverQuest communities run of there.

The website runs with a phpBB baord as it's backend for news posting, user authentication etc. and there is no readily available link to it, you have to click either the comment or newest user or some such to go there, or you can click this link.

About admin rights to the board, that is not really an option since that would be a security break. I was thinking on development on an offboard, I can even set one up just for that purpose if you wish that, but I will not give admin access to the main board. ;)

The design...
The design should be relatively simple.
No logo at the top since forum probably would go in an iframe on the main website.
The different board links that are at the top of a phpBB board and should be simple text links on one long line (should be able to wrap down if the browser is dragged smaller).

Otherwise the board should match the site as best possible, and preferably in a way so it could go in an iframe in the middle of the main site, not necesary, allthough it would be cool :)

I understand that this is volunteer work so I would be very appreciative of any help. I looked at some of the templates to try and get an understanding of how it was done and I would imagine it to be a major work to make it.
Red~Ice

Post by Red~Ice »

yes...it is majo work, but i will try my best to make it...

no logo
you just want the basic links?
http://www.incredibledesigns.tk
.::Incredible Designs\|/SkyTechModifications::.
Sky-Techknology2.2.0
brainman

Post by brainman »

Ya, links kinda like the Cold Steel board at the top, only removing the banner/logo since that will be added from an iframe.

Also it would be cool if it could be squished really together without bringing out horisontal scrollbars. Most of the boards I have looked at does this great, but somehow Chronicles doesn't.

Other than that the design should just blend in with the rest of the main site.

And I just I want to say thank you very much Red~Ice, I am very thankfull that you offer to work on it :)

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”