[ABD] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
drift angel

Re: [BETA] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Post by drift angel »

I get this when I want to create a clan
You can only select sub-ladders to join.

i have created platforms ladders and sub ladders
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

New version is out. 0.5.0. See first post for download link.
- Fixed clan_tournament bug in edit brackets.
- Tournaments now show up in CCP->Tournaments.
- Accepting/Declinging challenges work.
- Added Mass PM ability in CCP->Messages (you can send a PM to all of your members with a click of a button :))
- Misc template fixes.
- Request to join is fixed.
- Bunch of other stuff I forget :/
Let me know of any bugs, problems etc

Thanks.
fetzer

Post by fetzer »

A.I. BOT wrote:New version is out. 0.5.0. See first post for download link.
Nice!
A.I. BOT wrote:Let me know of any bugs, problems etc
First problem detected: Administrative delete of a clan leads to sqlerror message, looks like the variable "clan_id" won't be processed in the callback section. The missing value is not handled properly. Also I tested owners of clans. They can delete them without this error.

So far I have not progressed - after installation and first delete attempt - to test the main tournament use-case :)
Acc3L

Post by Acc3L »

Tournament Brackets isn't set after the limit of registered teams is reached. I have to start the tournament manually. Is it supposed to be so or not?
In Manage Tournaments, when i'm reporting a win, i get this error:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 [1064]

SQL

SELECT * FROM phpbb_rivals_tournaments WHERE tournament_id =

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: rivals/classes/class_tournament.php
LINE: 83
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: rivals/classes/class_tournament.php
LINE: 47
CALL: tournament->data()

FILE: rivals/ccp_tournaments.php
LINE: 8
CALL: tournament->tournament()

FILE: rivals.php
LINE: 40
CALL: include('rivals/ccp_tournaments.php')
The same when reporting a lose.
Also, after deleting a tournament, in Manage Tournaments i still can choose to report a game, which was supposed to be played in the deleted tournament.

When i try to move a clan Edit Brackets i get this:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_folder() (previously declared in /myforumdir/includes/functions_privmsgs.php:116) in /myforumdir/includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 212
Anyway, the clan is moved.

Also i can't find this function
- Added Mass PM ability in CCP->Messages (you can send a PM to all of your members with a click of a button :))
I only see Clan Messages.

After successfully joined a tournament, i recieve a System Message in my Clan Messages, this message contains a spelling error :P
This is an automated message from the system. Congradulations
Looks like it's all i found. Although i'm not 100% sure. Tomorrow i'll look more.

Like i said before, if it's not very difficult and You have time, it would be nice, if there would be a list of all clans created. If You could add function Delete Clan from Tournament, it would be very nice.
ragu78

Post by ragu78 »

Acc3L wrote:Like i said before, if it's not very difficult and You have time, it would be nice, if there would be a list of all clans created. If You could add function Delete Clan from Tournament, it would be very nice.
There is alot of things that need to be added, unfortunately I feel the new features should be put on the back burner so we can atleast get a stable working version of a great mod if it is stuck with to the end. This mod was started 9 months ago (way longer if you count the phpbb2 version that was never finished stable) and it still has not been released in a usable version. So hopefully all the new added features and requests can go on the back burner until this thing can get release in a stable usable version for us all to use, then slowly adding in the new features and testing them on there own to reassure compatibility. Adding these new features in on top of a unstable working version is only adding more problems.

I wish some of the other coders who are fluent with phpbb3 would give a helping hand coding with Tyler or help fixing some of the errors. This is a huge mod that has alot of code for 1 person with obviously not alot of available time to work on all by himself. Again Tyler thx for all your hard work so far and hopefully people can help out, I wish I knew something more then simple HTML so I could help out. If you ever need any graphics or buttons made up tho then post away cause I can help in that area lol.
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

@fetzer: Your error with the clan deleting should be fixed now.

@Acc3L: You have to start a tournament manually once all the clans have signed up, reason being: if a tournament is set to start 2 weeks from now, you wont want it starting 2 week early just because all the clans signed up ;). Your tournament error looks strange :/ I dont have time to debug that one, I will tomorrow, but as of now, I'll put it in my notes to fix. That PM error should be fixed now too. The spelling error is fixed. There should be a box "Send a Mass PM" below your clan messages, try refreshing your templates in the phpBB3 ACP, its got to be there, I can see it in the template code... if it still doesent show, tell me what template you are using (subsilver2 or prosilver). Thanks for the error report :)

@ragu78: Yes, thats what I am trying to do, get this thing stable, I'm pretty sure most of it is but tiny bugs like PM errors and such really hold it back :/. Help would be nice, yes, I am currently maintaining 2 versions of Rivals all on my own (SMF Rivals, phpBB Rivals). Busy like a bee I am with work and such, but I do try to get fixes out ASAP. Thanks for the comments :)

ZIP Updated. Enjoy. I havent tested to see if the fixes are erm... fixed, but code-wise it looks like they are :) (execpt the tournament bug of course).

What should be fixed:
- Admins should now beable to delete clan without SQL error.
- When a tournament is deleted, it shouldent show up in CCP->Tournaments anymore.
- Lang bug fixed.
- PM error should be fixed when moving clans in brackets.

Thanks.
Acc3L

Post by Acc3L »

Ok, after refreshing and deactivating theme i got my Send Mass PM :)

When i want to edit tournament:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /var/www/dotal/rivals/acp_edittournaments.php on line 28
Also, if You need some help with graphics or smthin, just ask. I'll be glad to help you.
gawaindc

Post by gawaindc »

In "Make a challenge", if you type their ID or name and and complete the form all works perfectly, However I can not seem to get the search function working at all, no matter what you search for it comes back with "Sorry, no clans have been found for that input query." Not sure if this has been bug reported, but not seen it in the last batch of reports anyhow.
ragu78

Post by ragu78 »

gawaindc wrote:In "Make a challenge", if you type their ID or name and and complete the form all works perfectly, However I can not seem to get the search function working at all, no matter what you search for it comes back with "Sorry, no clans have been found for that input query." Not sure if this has been bug reported, but not seen it in the last batch of reports anyhow.
Yes, that is why I think there should be a link named "Challenge" next each team name on the ladders page. If the team is avaliable to be challenged then the link shows up next to there name on the page that displays the ladder with the ranked teams..
gawaindc

Post by gawaindc »

Ok a few more bugs to report through a little more testing:
• When sending a ticket with an image attached (assuming that's what the browse box is for, it's not very clear), no image seems to send, or the link to the uploaded image isn't working. This is the PM in full I received "We had a clan battle on 24/03/08 at 15:43 and we actually won here is an image of the results! :: ./uploads/."

• On Tournaments when clicking a non-started game it shows:
The brackets can not be generated because all the clans have not signed up yet.
1. Clan A
2. Clan B
but the numbers 1 & 2 are aligned far left of the main body. (see screen grab)

• In Manage Tournaments no matter if I select win or loss (or neither) and then submit it shows:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND clan_2id = ""' at line 1 [1064]

• When sending mass PM it will show:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND member_status = 1' at line 1 [1064]
gawaindc

Post by gawaindc »

ragu78 wrote:
gawaindc wrote:In "Make a challenge", if you type their ID or name and and complete the form all works perfectly, However I can not seem to get the search function working at all, no matter what you search for it comes back with "Sorry, no clans have been found for that input query." Not sure if this has been bug reported, but not seen it in the last batch of reports anyhow.
Yes, that is why I think there should be a link named "Challenge" next each team name on the ladders page. If the team is avaliable to be challenged then the link shows up next to there name on the page that displays the ladder with the ranked teams..
Yes, I agree - plus an option to apply, so members can apply to join a clan without the clan manager having to send requests to everyone.
fetzer

Post by fetzer »

• In Manage Tournaments no matter if I select win or loss (or neither) and then submit it shows:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND clan_2id = ""' at line 1 [1064]
I guess this is simple to solve:

clan_2id is defined as:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_rivals_treports` (
 `clan_2id` int(1) NOT NULL,
so the script cannot enter the data into table, since clan_2id row contains a NULL value!
in ccp_tournaments search for:

$sql	= 'INSERT INTO ' . TREPORTS_TABLE . ' (report_id, report_tournament, clan_1, clan_2, clan_r1, clan_r2, report_time, clan_1id, clan_2id) VALUES (NULL, ' . $http_vars[ 'tournament_id' ] . ', "' . $clan->data[ 'clan_name' ] . '", "", "' . $http_vars[ 'win_loss' ] . '", "", NOW(), ' . $clan->data[ 'clan_id' ] . ', NULL)';
replace with:

$sql	= 'INSERT INTO ' . TREPORTS_TABLE . ' (report_id, report_tournament, clan_1, clan_2, clan_r1, clan_r2, report_time, clan_1id) VALUES (NULL, ' . $http_vars[ 'tournament_id' ] . ', "' . $clan->data[ 'clan_name' ] . '", "", "' . $http_vars[ 'win_loss' ] . '", "", NOW(), ' . $clan->data[ 'clan_id' ] . ')';
if you ommit the instruction for row clan_2id, inserting into table is possible.

I will check this now in my installation :)
fetzer

Post by fetzer »

I found an error in file:

ccp_matches.php

I tried to enter result of a ladder match and got following error:
General Error
template->_tpl_load(): No file specified for handle body
debug error lines also were present:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 40: include(./rivals/ccp_managematches.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /rivals.php on line 40: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './rivals/ccp_managematches.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR')
Since the file "ccp_managematches.php" is no longer present in the archive 0.5.0 I guess it's functionality was integrated into the file "ccp_matches.php", but the part

// Assign the other variables to the template.
	$template->assign_vars ( array (
		'U_ACTION' => append_sid ( 'rivals.php?action=ccp_managematches' ),
was forgotten to be changed to reflect this. :D

I changed the part in "ccp_matches.php" to look like following:

// Assign the other variables to the template.
	$template->assign_vars ( array (
		'U_ACTION' => append_sid ( 'rivals.php?action=ccp_matches' ),
and I could successfully submit ladder / matches results.
L3th4l

Post by L3th4l »

fetzer wrote:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

I guess this is simple to solve:

clan_2id is defined as:

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_rivals_treports` (
 `clan_2id` int(1) NOT NULL,
so the script cannot enter the data into table, since clan_2id row contains a NULL value!
in ccp_tournaments search for:

$sql	= 'INSERT INTO ' . TREPORTS_TABLE . ' (report_id, report_tournament, clan_1, clan_2, clan_r1, clan_r2, report_time, clan_1id, clan_2id) VALUES (NULL, ' . $http_vars[ 'tournament_id' ] . ', "' . $clan->data[ 'clan_name' ] . '", "", "' . $http_vars[ 'win_loss' ] . '", "", NOW(), ' . $clan->data[ 'clan_id' ] . ', NULL)';
replace with:

$sql	= 'INSERT INTO ' . TREPORTS_TABLE . ' (report_id, report_tournament, clan_1, clan_2, clan_r1, clan_r2, report_time, clan_1id) VALUES (NULL, ' . $http_vars[ 'tournament_id' ] . ', "' . $clan->data[ 'clan_name' ] . '", "", "' . $http_vars[ 'win_loss' ] . '", "", NOW(), ' . $clan->data[ 'clan_id' ] . ')';
if you ommit the instruction for row clan_2id, inserting into table is possible.

I will check this now in my installation :)
You don't want to omit it, just change "NULL" to "0"
Webmaster, level designer and coder for Smokin' Guns, a Quake3 Arena full conversion mod (soon to be a standalone game) http://www.smokin-guns.net
gawaindc

Post by gawaindc »

Feature Request:
I know we're still ironing out the bugs, but one feature I really believe Rivals lacks is an option to report a score. It would be fantastic if the first person reporting the match instead selected the score of the match (eg: 120 - 85) the system could then automatically determined a win, loss or draw through the figures and save the score to the database so clans could go back at any date and view their results as well as their ladder position.

Not sure how much work that would involve, but it would definitely complete this great mod. :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”