Is there a MOD to modify MODs?

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
makkie_65

Is there a MOD to modify MODs?

Post by makkie_65 »

Hello,

I am a beginner user on a very steep learning curve (I've learned a lot in the past months) and I wanted to modify an existing MOD (phpca: the classifieds MOD). I want to change most of it. The way you post and ad, the way it displays the ad. I want to add a "featured ad" feature with special placement thru the site, etc.
The problem is that I am NOT a programmer even though I was able to make some simple changes of my own to php, tpl and css files with success.
I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
makkie_65

Re: Is there a MOD to modify MODs?

Post by makkie_65 »

What I mean is...There is EasyMOD to help you install MODs, There is MODStudio to help you write a MOD and I was wondering if there was a MOD to help someone modify an existing MOD in a cut a paste sort of way?? Thanks.
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

Not that I am aware of, no. If you have questions for the author, you can post them in the appropriate MOD topic. If you want to ask questions to obtain help in modifying the code itself, then the MOD Writers forum is probably the best place for that. That forum is also the best place for discussion various MOD Author tools as well, so I will move the topic there now.

Good luck with your project. :)
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details
makkie_65

Post by makkie_65 »

Thank you. I appriciate your help

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”