Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
tucsondrivers

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by tucsondrivers » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:19 pm

rxu wrote:
modbo wrote:Do you have some screenshots of your mod or a demo board?
You can find one here :)
Moomje wrote:I just noticed that the cursor jumps the page down to quick reply.
Yes, this issue is really exists for current MOD version. I'm looking for fix now :)
Sorry I just saw this post!

Anyways, to fix this problem, open up editor.js (with Wordpad) which can eb found in your Styles --> (style name) --> template folder. So for me, it's styles/subsilver2/template

FIND

Code: Select all

textarea.focus();
REPLACE WITH

/**		textarea.focus();
*/
This basically makes that a comment, disabling this line of code.

Big kudos to moomje for figuring this out on Page 1 -- just thought I'd re-state it for those who were still lost!
http://tucsondrivers.com -- Hyundai Tucson Forum & Community

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:36 am

Badal wrote:dear rxu kindly solve my problem
Did you try to upload install.php to the board root and start it from there?
Can't see anything related to the MOD on this screenshot :?
colegiomission wrote:i'm still missing the smilies and the upload attachment and option tabs
Did you enable it in ACP?
xxxgamer wrote:I have the same problem! installed this fine on acidtech red theme
xxxgamer wrote:I also did what it said on the first page with the //textarea stuff in editor.js with no success.
perhaps this is up to the style (by the way, did you purge the cache?), I'll try to check it as soon as possible.

PrattP

Post by PrattP » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:49 am

Thanks rxu! My quick reply subject box now doesn't quote the title by default.

One more thing, would you mind letting me know how to get rid of the "Quote" link under the usernames? I realise this is a great feature, but it is slightly annoying where it is at the moment. I may not get rid of it, I will ask my forumers, but yeah, if you could let me know that would be great. (unless you have an alternative)

Thanks again for top mod support! :D

rxu

Post by rxu » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:47 am

PrattP
Just undo the cahnges in viewtopic_body.html template files those related to

<a href="#postform" onclick="addquote({postrow.POST_ID},'{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}'); insert_text('\r\n'); return false;" title="{L_QUOTE_TEXT}">{L_QUOTE}</a>
I just don't have the MOD code underhands right now and don't remember how does it look exactly, sorry.

Tolga

Post by Tolga » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:56 am

rxu wrote:xml files are installation guides. Open these in any browser and follow the instructions to install MOD. Read here about subsilver2 modification.
EDIT - Disregard, fixed the issue myself. See two posts below for new (unrelated) issue :roll:
Last edited by Tolga on Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PrattP

Post by PrattP » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:57 am

Change of plan. :D

Do you know how to make the Quote link appear under the userbar?

That's make a large difference. Thanks for your quick reply. (no pun intended. :P)

Tolga

Post by Tolga » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:08 am

Finally got it to install, but it put the quick reply box ABOVE the posts in a thread instead of below it.

Is there a fix for this or is that how you intended it to be? Again, using default subsilver2 theme, all instructions followed.

rxu

Post by rxu » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:19 am

PrattP wrote:Do you know how to make the Quote link appear under the userbar?
What place do you mean exactly? You could even draw it ;)
Tolga wrote:quick reply box ABOVE the posts in a thread instead of below it.
When you're finding a code to put quick reply form after, you should find the second one, not first. I'll check later if there's a bug in installation instruction, thanks.

PrattP

Post by PrattP » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:55 am

Here is what I mean, rxu. Just the make the Quote link below the userbar. I'm sure it's pretty simple, sorry for time wasting. :P

Tolga

Post by Tolga » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:02 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

I'll post the issue and solution incase anybody else comes across it in future and looks for a solution.

The issue is to do with the subsilvere theme (and presumably those based upon it), and this modification to the code that needs to be performed:

Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.
FIND:
<td class="gensmall" width="100%" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}" nowrap="nowrap"><!-- INCLUDE pagination.html --></td>
<!-- ENDIF -->
</tr>
</table>

Add after
Tip: Add these lines on a new blank line after the preceding line(s) to find.

Code: Select All
<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><!-- INCLUDE quick_reply.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
There are two occurances of the FIND string in the styles/subsilver2/template/viewtopic_body.html file, so you'll need to add the code after the SECOND occurance, not the first!

Apart from that and the odd occurance running the installation script, I give this mod a thumbs up so far. Hopefully no issues pop up later :D

Vong

Post by Vong » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:18 pm

I got the mod working for prosilver, but I need some help getting it working for another theme. I am running the X-Treme theme, and have trouble knowing where to edit the following files:

viewtopic_body.html
ucp_prefs_view.html

I believe I found where to edit viewforum_body.html, but it is an inline add, instead of a line before.

Here is the url for the theme :http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &sk=t&sd=a

If you want, I can send you the files in question, or you may be able to download them from the theme package.

Thank you in advance for your help.

rxu

Post by rxu » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:43 pm

Vong
IIRC X-Treme is a subsilver2-based theme, so you could try to follow the instruction for subsilver2 to install the MOD. You can find it in MOD package/templates/ folder.

Vong

Post by Vong » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:17 pm

Works like a charm!

The only note is that the step that you find the following:

<td class="gensmall" width="100%" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}" nowrap="nowrap"><!-- INCLUDE pagination.html --></td>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
	</tr>
	</table>
appears twice, if you add after the first occurance, then the quick reply is at the top of the page, and after the second adds it at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the quick reply and help :)

slazareth

Post by slazareth » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:17 pm

Ok, I'm going crazy here. I've uploaded all the files as they seem to need to be uploaded, but I have no clue what to do now. I tried putting the install.php file in my root folder but when i run it I get this error:

"You haven't modified files in according to Quick reply MOD installation instruction."

I didn't see an install help file in my download so I'm super lost. Please help!

rxu

Post by rxu » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:37 pm

slazareth wrote:I didn't see an install help file in my download so I'm super lost. Please help!
In according to MODX format, installation instructions for phpBB3 MODs are xml files. Just open these in browser.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”