Updated: May 09, 2003 5:01am cst
This is an advanced version of the current 'Ban Control' that comes with phpbb. This mod displays bans in a list similar to the way the memberlist does and when available displays the last time a banned user visited the site along with their postcount. It also expands the functionality of the ban system by recording the time a ban was created, who created the ban, and allows you to specify a reason for a ban. You can additionaly add a reason to older bans, do mass un-baning, and ban as usual all from the same interface.
>>Advanced Banned User Manager Page
>> As this mod usses phpbb's DBAL, It is assumed that it works well with the usual Databasses.
>> For certain functions this mod uses Java Script and may not work 100% on Netscape 6.0 or earlier versions. I recommend IE v5.5+
>> As of v1.1.0 This Mod requires additional tables to be added to your Database. You must have either some form of database management tool like phpmyadmin to install.
To Do List:
>> Custom Ban Messages when banned members visit site.
>> Temporary Bans.
>> Banned IP Block Grouping.
>> Ban Reason Enhancements.
>> Ban Last Updated Field.
v0.0.0 - Initial Beta in KMR
v0.0.1 - Open Beta, First major change:
1. Name changed to Advanced Banned User Manager
2. Added Ability to ban users. Works the same as the current ban user module. (uses same code to process bans).
3. Cut 2 un-needed variables
4. Removed Excess unused Code from template file and script.
5. Zip now contains both the Screenshot and the English Language pack.
6. Added use of Pre-existing phpbb variables. (i noticed a ever-so slight speed gain after doing this.)
7. Page now pulls user information for email bans.
v0.0.2 - Fixed Bug...
1. If bans do not exist for a certain Sort method it no longer dies.
2. If there are no bans it now shows a friendly No Bans message.
3. Pagination will only apear on pages if needed.
4. Screenshot is now a png file.
5. Smaller download size.
v0.1.0 - Overhaul
1. Re-did the entire code, Uses DBAL now and has less code makeing it load quicker.
2. Added an All sort option.
v0.2.0 - Minor Stuff
1. Clearified the Instalation instructions in reguards to language packs.
2. Re-organized zip file.
v1.0.0 - Version Numbering fix
1. Conformed to phpbb MOD Version Numbering Standards.
v1.0.1 - phpbb MOD install.txt Compliance
1. Re-did install.txt to conform to official phpbb MOD Template and actions.
v1.1.0 - New Features, Files, Language Handling.
1. Added Following Features. Ban Time, Banned By, Ban Reason, Edit Bans(Lets you add reasons to older bans)
2. Added New File's user_banlist_edit.tpl, and changelog.txt.
3. Removed Screenshot in zip to conserve file size.
4. Re did parts of original tpl file so that its more multi language friendly.
5. Nearly everything is dependant on language variables now.
6. Updated English Language Pack.
7. Renamed zip and Re-did version numbering.
v1.1.1 - Minor code revisions.
1. Switched all die codes to phpbb message_die(GENERAL_ERROR,'') messages.
2. Fixed minor typo in install.txt
3. Cleaned up code in all files to use proper nesting.(sometimes i can be anal about these things when perfecting code)
4. Sort selection now carries over to next page load.
v1.1.2 - Minor bug fix.
1. Fixed bug where some browsers/ later versions of phpbb added an extra instance of the phpbb folder to the links for view and update ban.