Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
prothought

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by prothought » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:42 am

I have two problems with the install.php script. When I ran it on one board, all of the user_options in the users table got changed to 2879, regardless of their original flags.

When I ran it on another board, it never completed. The second time I ran it, I thought all was fine. It turns out that the user_options in the users table got really scrambled.

You might want to consider a bit-mask method of inserting your flags instead of addition/subtraction.

Also, ACP for users does not contain the switches to turn on and off the quick reply panel at topic view and quick topic post panel at forum view.
Image www.phoenixforums.net Image
We won't go all Dmoto on you!

ellisz

Post by ellisz » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:41 am

I finally got mine working. I used Notepad++ to do the editing and it worked. Noob am I...

How hard is it to get this to work on other templates. I was using proglass but I can live with prosliver.

Thanks for all your help!

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:42 am

prothought wrote:I have two problems with the install.php script.
Yes, install.php really has a bug with user_options assignment. That's why I've tried to fix it, the link to the new install.php version can be found here.
prothought wrote:Also, ACP for users does not contain the switches to turn on and off the quick reply panel at topic view and quick topic post panel at forum view.
Yes, this functionality is planned to be added in one of the next versions, thanks :)
ellisz wrote:How hard is it to get this to work on other templates.
It actually depends on every particular style, this "hardness" can't be evaluated for all styles at once ;)

RedShine

Post by RedShine » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:24 am

rxu wrote:
RedShine wrote:but when i run the install.php it appears a blank page.
What install.php did you run? try to use this fixed version, please.
I have used the install.php of the first page and after i've tried that one. No good. I also tried to edit the install.php of the first page with some code that i saw on this topic for this problem, and nothing either.

With that fixed version i have the same blank page when i run install.php. And if i enter my forum i can't access the ACP. It's a blank page too.

rxu

Post by rxu » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:05 pm

RedShine
Are there any entries in server error log when you get a blank page?

nabeelmallick

Post by nabeelmallick » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:23 pm

rxu wrote:
RedShine wrote:but when i run the install.php it appears a blank page.
What install.php did you run? try to use this fixed version, please.
nabeelmallick wrote:ok removing this gets rid of Quick Reply box itself.. lol ...
Don't remove this code, but let it stay. Remove all the QR MOD code from viewtopic_body.html excepting

Code: Select all

<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><!-- INCLUDE quick_reply.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
thecatalyst
To get rid of quote link, you can do the same as for nabeelmallick ;)
so we have to only perform one edit in view topic and that is this one..

rest we can leave..?? just want a confirmation if i understood u correctly.. :?

rxu

Post by rxu » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:34 pm

nabeelmallick wrote:so we have to only perform one edit in view topic and that is this one..
Yes, if you need only QR form and nothing else (like "quote" link) at viewtopic.

ellisz

Post by ellisz » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:22 pm

One other question ...

Is the size of the reply window fixed? I have seen QR in an older versions of phpbb that was half the size of this one. Is this a function of my board or is the size built into the mod?

Thanks

rxu

Post by rxu » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:33 pm

RedShine

Post by RedShine » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:25 pm

rxu wrote:RedShine
Are there any entries in server error log when you get a blank page?
I'm trying to install on a localhost with the program "Xampp". Do not know how to see the error logs on this. This is my second try to install, at first like i said before the error was with the skins by that's because i didn't see those files to edit based on the subsilver2. In that time the install worked well. Now i don't know what happened.

itshotli

Post by itshotli » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:26 am

Ok this seems daunting...is there a quick tutorial on how to install this and is this a proven to work or a beta type project...also i'm using Avalon Blue * which seems very much like subsilver...but is that an issue..?

ellisz

Post by ellisz » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:41 am

Another question.

I noticed that when I click on a users name, it used to take me to there profile but now it puts their username in the QR box like <quote>username</quote>. Is this supposed to be like this? Can I make it point to the profile again?

Thanks

rxu

Post by rxu » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:47 am

itshotli
This MOD is released in MODDB and it is not on beta stage.
But it has some issues as well as the most of the rest MODs released, and each of them has an approrpiate topic to discuss and solve those issues.

You can find installation instruction in the MOD package (just open the xml file in your browser). Some remarks are at the first page of this topic (related to installation script), some tips and tricks can be found at another pages :)

Using another styles than subsilver2 or prosilver is not an issue due to they're prosilver- or subsilver2-based. Actually, it's not an issue even for non-prosilver/subsilver2 based styles. ;)
ellisz wrote:it used to take me to there profile. Now it does the same as the quote option below their name. Is this supposed to be like this?
Yes. If you need to get rid of the name insertion and quote link, just apply only edit to viewtopic_body.html adding string

I'm starting to think that those features should be optional really, may be just add-ons.

ellisz

Post by ellisz » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:08 am

I like the quote link as it inserts the selected text and the authors name. I would just like the username to point to the profile. I use this as a quick way to administrate a user if needed.

Can I have one without the other?

Are you saying that I only need to add the last edit for the viewtopic_body.html and keep the others as they were?

Sorry for the confusion.

rxu

Post by rxu » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:26 am

ellisz wrote:Can I have one without the other?
Yes, sure. Let's try to make the things clear for all of us :)

MOD offers 3 edits for viewtopic_body.html:
1) First edit changes the behaviour of username in a way to insert the name into QR box.
2) Second edit adds the Quote link for users to be able to insert selected post text into QR box.
3) Third edit adds QR box to viewtopic.

Hence, if you want to keep username pointing to profile, you don't apply edit #1. If you want to get rid of Quote link, you don't apply edit #2. Or you might need not to apply both of edits #1 and #2.
If you don't need edit #3, just don't install this MOD :mrgreen: (just a joke).

Hope this explanation can be helpful. Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”