[DEV]CommunityBB

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
jvini

Post by jvini »

scoobie wrote: on a side note... please be the auctions mod first ;-)

I second the motion.

Take your time!
Aeral

Post by Aeral »

Sorry, I'm going to have to say the pets mod first, it would be more interesting, cause the auction mod really ain't going to do anything for me, till battle comes out...
Spider Slay
I am too lazy to register

Post by Spider Slay »

Do you have to install all the mods listed, or can you turn some off, or all there seperate install files for each?
younghistorians

Post by younghistorians »

You will be able to pick and choose which ones you want installed from an admin panel, like a clist of checkboxes.

I would say im 20% done on the pets mod, and 2% of the total mod. About 4 hours put in. I would be furthur, except I accidently deleted a whole bunch of files, so I had to start over:(
younghistorians

For the stock market mod, should I have it try to access real live data, or just allow made up and random companies and info?
Suede

Post by Suede »

personally, I'd love to see the ability to create our own data for companies in the Stock Market mod - would give folks a chance to spend points to make companies and such :)
RMS

Post by RMS »

...well personally I would at least like the option of being able to define some outlined ranged so that each can follow some sort of a pattern...or at least define where it starts from.
Even so, "random" data sounds better than just deriving it from real live stocks.
This is my signature.
younghistorians

Well, Ive been thinking about using real companies, and then program them in a range, like the really high priced stock never drops below $45....etc, in addition to a few made up companies and stocks that YOU can designate.
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

younghistorians wrote: For the stock market mod, should I have it try to access real live data, or just allow made up and random companies and info?

real stock market - that aint no fun!! 8O - you'll have your members jumping out of 25th floor windows :lol:

for me the stock community mod would allow users to buy and sell stock in music bands and artists - as I run a music website

but I suppose it depends realy on the contents of the site in what the mod would be used for.
You can have it all if you like... but you can pay for it the rest of your life.
younghistorians

Now thats an idea....taking stock in bands and other ""people"". That would be fun....but maybe someone else could create a mod for this.
Antony

Post by Antony »

I can't wait for the stock market, as I said in the other thread.

Please message me when you have this ready to be tested. :D
younghistorians

*take a number*
Antony

Post by Antony »

*takes all the numbers and runs off*
younghistorians

ok everybody, since there are a wave of people asking me about this EVERYWHERE, ive set up a forum here:
http://www.xstreamhost.com/~youngh/comm ... /index.php

Talk, request, everything there.....this post at phpbb.com is for general requests or for lazy people.
Antony

Post by Antony »

You should mail all users with updates.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”