[BETA] phpBB Instant Messenger

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Wagz

Post by Wagz »

Oops, I figured out #2. Still have no clue about problem #1, though.

Thanks!
Wagz
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

Wagz wrote: 1. The phpBBIM link did not appear in the "General" area of the Administration Panel.

You might be looking in the wrong place. There should be a link in the User area, but not the General area. If you click Configuration under General and scroll to the bottom of that page, you should find a phpBB IM section down there.
Wagz

Post by Wagz »

Thoul wrote:
Wagz wrote:1. The phpBBIM link did not appear in the "General" area of the Administration Panel.

You might be looking in the wrong place. There should be a link in the User area, but not the General area. If you click Configuration under General and scroll to the bottom of that page, you should find a phpBB IM section down there.

Ahhhh... that was it. Thanks much! Great Mod, Thoul!
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

Hey everybody, I've started a poll (in my own forums, since the rules here say one topic a mod) about a feature I'm thinking about adding: sending IMs to users on other forums. You can find the poll here (no registration required to vote, so don't worry about that). The results will determine whether or not the feature is added.
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

out of curiousity, has anyone got this to work with a style other than subsilver?
Shadow aok

Post by Shadow aok »

yes, i have tryed with subsilver, fisubgreen, fiblack, smartDark and BlueDim
No support by email or MSN !
(in fact no more support)
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

Version 0.5.6 Beta is now available from the site linked in the first post. It's got a few more BID List enhancements, but the most important changes are aimed at fixing some of the style problems people have had. Some files have been moved and/or split and the messenger can now use a different style than the rest of the forum. I also found a way to cut down on the duplicate smilies in the drop down list, so that's in this version too.

[Note: Several days after 0.5.5 was released, I found that the link to it on the site wasn't updated! This was fixed, but if anyone tried to get 0.5.5 and got 0.5.4 instead, that's why.]
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

I'm gonna love trying this out, thank you!
teste87

error

Post by teste87 »

I installed Ok this MOD, but when I click on Buddy Managemnet (bid.php) I receive the error Notice: Undefined variable: mode in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\FM204.2.10\bid.php on line 32

and in admin cp when I click in phpBB IM it doesn' t appears nothing .. I mean only appears look up user table, but withou any names or texts ... and the fields on the right .. why?
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

I got this error when I clicked on buddy management:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not get buddy list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' 50' at line 6

SELECT buddy.buddy_id, buddy.alert, buddy.alert_status, u.username FROM phpbb_buddy_list buddy, phpbb_users u WHERE buddy.user_id = 2 AND buddy.disallow = 0 AND buddy.user_ignore = 0 AND buddy.buddy_id = u.user_id ORDER BY u.username LIMIT , 50

Line : 160
File : /home/virtual/site48/fst/var/www/html/Forum/mods/bid/functions_bid.php

also, I still have the problem with the text, where it is white and the background of the field is white.

And I have two sets of settings in the admin panel that are blank, but I think that's more my fault
Thoul

Re: error

Post by Thoul »

teste87 wrote: I installed Ok this MOD, but when I click on Buddy Managemnet (bid.php) I receive the error Notice: Undefined variable: mode in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\FM204.2.10\bid.php on line 32

Ok, here's a quick fix for this: open bid.php and find the line that reads define('IN_BUDDY', true);. On the next line, add $mode = '';.
teste87 wrote: and in admin cp when I click in phpBB IM it doesn' t appears nothing .. I mean only appears look up user table, but withou any names or texts ... and the fields on the right .. why?

Since the error message above contains "FM204.2.10," I'm guessing you're using FullyModded phpBB? It probably has the Enhanced Admin Lookup mod installed, which causes that problem. You can fix it by downloading phpBB IM (see links in the first post), unzipping it, and replacing your admin_im_users.php file with the file of the same name in the custom/ directory.

khisanthax:
Let's see if this will fix the first error: In bid.php, find this line:

Code: Select all

$start = ( isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['start']) ) ? intval($HTTP_GET_VARS['start']) : 0;
And replace it with this line:

Code: Select all

$start = ( isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['start']) ) ? intval($HTTP_GET_VARS['start']) : '0';
By the way, which settings were blank, if you remember?
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

okay, I still have the same problem as before when I go to buddy management, but what i noticed is that I can see the text in subsilver and phpxp2, however when I went to change the style I noticed that after I changed from one theme to another that the preference link was gone in the IM window no matter how many times I refreshed or exited the site and came back. odd.
teste87

Re: error

Post by teste87 »

Since the error message above contains "FM204.2.10," I'm guessing you're using FullyModded phpBB? It probably has the Enhanced Admin Lookup mod installed, which causes that problem. You can fix it by downloading phpBB IM (see links in the first post), unzipping it, and replacing your admin_im_users.php file with the file of the same name in the custom/ directory.

The first problem is fixed... tnx very much ...

but the second continues .. i have already installed 0.5.6, the same of your first page link, but the bug remains...

Yes, i am using FM :lol:

Do you know why? :roll:
iq3d

Send IM's just to one user....

Post by iq3d »

Hi

Great mod!
I am thinking of using it to allow visitors to my site to send me messages if I am online - rather than allowing them to chat between themselves. The messenger would then effectively become an instant enquiry box. Is this possible or has anyone done a mod to simplify everything down to this level?

Many thanks
Chris
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

Sorry about not replying faster. I never got an email from the board telling me someone had posted here, so I didn't check the board for a few days. :oops:

khisanthax:
Okay, I'll have to take a closer look at the buddy management problem later, though I do have some ideas for fixing that. The preferences link thing is very weird, but I'll look into that, too.

teste87:
FM seems to include a mod that is causing the problem. If you look at phpBB IM's custom/lookup.txt, it tells how to fix the problem.

iq3d:
I don't know if anyone's done it, but it should be fairly easy to make that work. I'm guessing you wouldn't need the buddy list stuff in that case?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”