[ABD] phpBB Calendar 0.1.1 (alightner)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
texasaggie

Re: [Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.7 (alightner/spacedog)

Post by texasaggie »

alightner wrote:It's a repeated request... I haven't said that I will or won't implement it... it's all a matter of how much time I have available to add enhancements. This mod is what it is... it's a hobby project for me - not a paid job. Consequently, I don't like making too many promises about enhancements, if I don't know that I'll have time to implement them.
Our guild website used to have a registration system tied into an old calendar that was similar. I am in the process of merging that code in and once I get it done, I'll be happy to send it to you in case you'd like to keep it or build on it.

Also, I wanted to make a suggestion for a small feature that I may end up implementing. I wanted the ability to not display times on the index/week view. You have variables in the code for SHOW_TIME already, so adding a config variable to not display times on that view and changing the PHP code to populate SHOW_TIME appropriately seems like an easy change to get that functionality. If I get it done, I'll send it along.
andyvr4

Post by andyvr4 »

I can confirm that this mod will work on a board that was originally freshly installed with 3.0.0 then upgraded to 3.0.1 and then finally had the mod installed. I did this and have not had any problems with the mod.
thomas.d

Post by thomas.d »

BauerHorst wrote:... Ich mach das hier mal kurz auf Deutsch :D

Kannst du mir sagen, welche Änderungen nötig waren, damit alles unter 3.0.1 läuft?
They are going to kill us, if we keep on writing in German ... ;)

I try to satisfy all readers here ...

While updating 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 the "Automatic-Updater"-script couldn't merge a number of files. It had listed them and I looked at the differences between the new and my "old" files. As far as I remember it were (at least) functions.php, constants.php and about 4 or 5 more.

I saw that some calendar-, arcade-, forum-statistics- and one or two more MODs were affected.

So I went and let the updater copy the new files and I was up to re-edit the ones not updated.

For the calendar-MOD I opened install.xml and went through the edits again (like on a fresh calendar-install). Some edits had been kept by the updating process and some hadn't. So I edited the new files (at least functions.php and constants.php) with the proper calendar-edits and that was it.

Sorry that I can't tell you exactly which files had to be re-edited but I repaired a few more MODS that night and I don't remeber exactly, which files were affected ...

German:

Ich weiß es leider nicht mehr genau. Das automatische-updater-Skript konnte einige Dateien nicht zusammenfügen, u.a. waren dies functions.php, constants.php und noch 4 oder 5 mehr.

Ich habe mir dann die diffs angesehen und festgestellt, dass die problematischen Stellen von mehreren MODs herrührten, es waren dies mindestens der Calendar-, Arcade-, Forum-Statistics-MOD.

Ich habe also beim Update die neuen Dateien kopieren lassen und habe mir dann die nicht zusammengeführten angesehen. Im Falle des Calendar-MODs (bei den anderen auch) habe ich die install.xml des MODs geöffnet und einfach verglichen, ob die erforderlichen Edits in den neuen phpBB-3.0.1-Dateien vorhanden waren oder nicht.

Die meisten Edits waren noch da, andere eben nicht. Diese habe ich nachgetragen und dann lief der Kalender wieder tadellos (meine anderen MODs glücklicherweise auch ... :-) )

Ich hoffe, dir hilft das ein wenig ...
Best Regards

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |
mxp1l0t

Post by mxp1l0t »

Gecko2 wrote:
thomas.d wrote:Seems that you forgot to purge all available caches as there are template, themes, and graphics. Try that and the calendar will show up in its full beauty ... ;)
That seems to have worked! I'm still not getting those alternate display icons though. Is that something I need to do separately? I did this:

Thanks tons for the help!
Thanks very much. This was my exact question and my calendar looks awesome now! :mrgreen:
RMDRA Forum Web
divigo

Post by divigo »

I looked in the entire topic to find something I am missing in this MOD but maybe I missed it or misunderstood it.
Is it possible in ACP/manage calender event types to add a safe website colour swatch behind the color for the event. The colour swatch is already available in phpbb3.
I have tried to figure out how to implement it but I'm not that good wih scripting.
If it was already requested sorry for this second request.

Gr Dennis
dylan_cuthbert

Post by dylan_cuthbert »

Hey there, just like to congratulate you and say thanks for a great mod, I was looking for this.

I had a similar permissions bug to people on here but it seems to be primarily cause by not flushing the phpbb cache from the ACP.

Also, I slimmed down the index week view and put it at the top of the bbs page so it is easier to see in my version, and also changed the full date descriptors on each task to be simpler time descriptors like "09:00-10:00" so the screen isn't cluttered as much.

I love the user-definable categories/colours and icons - oh and I found a bug when I entered in #ff0000 in the colour field by accident, it screws up the sql query it seems.

I have one permissions related bug to do with the groups a particular user can see - he can't seem to see the groups he is a member of if they are set to "hidden", so in order to able to assign a group to an event I have to make them closed groups instead of hidden groups. I have looked through all the permission dialogs but can't see an option that looks related to this - do you know what permission you are checking there so I can set it to true?
alightner

Post by alightner »

dylan_cuthbert wrote:I love the user-definable categories/colours and icons - oh and I found a bug when I entered in #ff0000 in the colour field by accident, it screws up the sql query it seems.

I have one permissions related bug to do with the groups a particular user can see - he can't seem to see the groups he is a member of if they are set to "hidden", so in order to able to assign a group to an event I have to make them closed groups instead of hidden groups. I have looked through all the permission dialogs but can't see an option that looks related to this - do you know what permission you are checking there so I can set it to true?
That's not a bug... the database is only designed to hold 6 characters for the color (this mimics the rest of the forum settings - ie group colors don't use the # either).
'ff0000' will work but '#ff0000' is too big. I suppose I can add better error handling down the road, but for now just try to use proper input. ;)

The hidden group issue will be changed in the next release... although I'm pretty sure if you look for "alightner calendar hidden" you will find the code changes you need to make today to fix that issue somewhere in this thread.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.
dylan_cuthbert

Post by dylan_cuthbert »

cool.. thanks for the quick reply, it's a great mod.

I'll do a search for that quick-fix for the hidden groups! This thread is crazy long, they should give you a whole forum for this mod as it's a whole feature unto itself and deserves it. :D
divigo

Post by divigo »

Hey alighter I got a big problem.
I installed your mod 2 days ago without problems.
I have it on 2 places on localhost and on open server.
On both places it´s installed exactly the same.
The only problem is that I don´t have permissions on the open server forum.
The weirdest part is that if I look in every permission possibillity I should have full permissions.
But if I look in the total over view it is full red.
I have made screenies to show it.
This is the total over view:

These are some group screenies:

These are the userpermission screenies:

As you can see they are all green and only the total overview is red.
I didn't place all screenies to prove but if you like I will show the rest.

On both forums, localhost and openserver, the permissions are set the same way.
Only on the opensever I have no permissions.

sqlquery is only done once.
catch is empty via ACP and FTP

Only 2 mods are installed:
Mini quick reply: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p5398195
phpbb3 portal: http://www.phpbb3portal.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=840

I really have no idea where to look anymore.

Do you have any idea what went wrong?

Gr Dennis
alightner

Post by alightner »

divigo wrote:Hey alighter I got a big problem.
I installed your mod 2 days ago without problems.
I have it on 2 places on localhost and on open server.
On both places it´s installed exactly the same.
The only problem is that I don´t have permissions on the open server forum.
The weirdest part is that if I look in every permission possibillity I should have full permissions.
But if I look in the total over view it is full red.

On both forums, localhost and openserver, the permissions are set the same way.
Only on the opensever I have no permissions.

sqlquery is only done once.
catch is empty via ACP and FTP

Only 2 mods are installed:
Mini quick reply: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p5398195
phpbb3 portal: http://www.phpbb3portal.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=840

I really have no idea where to look anymore.

Do you have any idea what went wrong?

Gr Dennis
Humor me start by running this command:

Code: Select all

select * from phpbb_acl_options where auth_option like '%calendar%';
then post the results here
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
divigo

Post by divigo »

alightner wrote: Humor me start by running this command:

Where do I put that command?

btw 1 thing I forgot to mention is that I made a back-up of the open server and restored it on the localhost to test. On the local host I did have the permissions.

Gr Dennis
alightner

Post by alightner »

divigo wrote:
alightner wrote: Humor me start by running this command:

Where do I put that command?

btw 1 thing I forgot to mention is that I made a back-up of the open server and restored it on the localhost to test. On the local host I did have the permissions.

Gr Dennis
phpMyAdmin is a good place to start - if you're not familiar with running commands in phpMyAdmin you might want to read this first - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=588697
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
divigo

Post by divigo »

I hope this is what you wanted to see :?

Edit:
Sorry my mistake.

SELECT * 
FROM phpbb_acl_options
WHERE auth_option LIKE '%calendar%'
LIMIT 0 , 30 
Gr Dennis
Last edited by divigo on Sat May 10, 2008 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
alightner

Post by alightner »

divigo wrote:I hope this is what you wanted to see :?

Gr Dennis
That's exactly what I needed to see - even though you didn't think you ran the SQL more than once - that output clearly shows triplicate entries in your permissions table.

This is the root cause of all of your troubles. If you delete the duplicates and triplicates you'll be able to assign the permissions properly and then use the calendar.
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
divigo

Post by divigo »

So if I'm correct I have to delete auth_option_id 124-137 ?

Gr Dennis

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”