Converter Release: Snitz Forums to PHPBB and PHPNuke

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
philwhite

Re: Converter Release: Snitz Forums to PHPBB and PHPNuke

Post by philwhite »

I believe I had something similar when I did the conversion. It turned out that the contents of the occupation column for the Snitz user were too long. It was a spambot.
It's only words...
Wordwizard.com
SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb »

Hi There,

Ive been asked to convert a snitz forum to phpbb, I have wamp set up on a PC,

can I download the live database, and the forum files, and put it into WAMP to try a conversion? does WAMP allow for mdb?

Thanks
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and will sing, when you forget the words..
SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb »

Nope, I need to Migrate it :(
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and will sing, when you forget the words..
SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb »

Migrated , but Im still having issues

Ive checked all of it, and all of the configuration,

I have a folder called convert at the root, with all the correct files in it, when I run the snitz2phpbb.php file I get the following in the browser window (I havent posted it all)

Code: Select all

Snitz To phpbb 2.0.21 Conversion

This script will attempt to convert and migrate your Snitz forum data into your phpbb installation. It's designed for phpbb 2.0.21 (phpbb) but should work on other versions.

Before beginning the migration you should have/meet the following pre-requisites: 

A MySQL database containing your Snitz forums 
A phpbb installation with empty forums, using a working MySQL database 
Permissions to read and write data, as well as ALTER, CREATE TABLE and DROP TABLE in the phpbb database 
Your phpbb site MUST BE shutdown - if anyone changes anything in the phpbb database (eg: registers a new account etc) this script will probably DESTROY your phpbb site 
This script looks for a user called "SNITZ MIGRATION" and deletes all phpbb users with user IDs higher than it. This is an ease-of-use feature in case you have to rerun this script. 
A backup of both your Snitz and phpbb forums - this converter MODIFIES YOUR SNITZ DATABASE to fix errors 

Your phpbb installation must have no forums. If you are not sure how to do this, seek professional help! Important note: this conversion tool WILL WORK with existing phpbb users - the conversion finds the next free userid then migrates users beginning with that ID. The conversion tool also checks all Snitz users for the same username as existing phpbb users - if an identical username is found, the converter will delete the Snitz user and reassign all their posts to the phpbb user. This means you can merge Snitz and phpbb user databases. You CANNOT merge the forums for technical reasons - the phpbb forum tables must be EMPTY. When the migration is complete you will need to recheck your forum config, especially posting permissions.

This conversion will create a new table called "snitz2phpbb", or will DROP it if it already exists. If by some random fluke you use this table name already, you'd better stop right now. I pity the fool who run this script when they need that table! When the conversion is complete, this table contains a map of Snitz userid's to phpbb userid's.

Remember the license agreement: By using this script you agree not to support or participate in any activity on www.nukeforums.com, including registering for a user account or posting in the forums. This is an absolute condition of your use of this converter. If you do not agree with this condition, you must delete your migrated phpbb data and this script RIGHT NOW.

By agreeing NOT to support www.nukeforums.com you are taking a stand for acceptable behaviour the phpbb community - good manners and common decency is a basic expectation, not an added bonus. Thank you!

Want to know what that condition is all about and why you shouldn't visit nukeforums? Click here!

"; ?> 
Got that? Good! Then let's begin...

Scroll to the bottom of the page to view all results and continue to the next step.
"; } echo "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"; if(!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS["goforit"])) { echo "
Click here to begin!"; die(); } // The main conversion script begins here. Don't edit anything below // this line unless you know what you're doing. // ******************************************************************* // Utility functions // ******************************************************************* function snitz2bbcode($text, $bbcodeuid = -1, $postid = -1) { global $snitz_url, $phpbb_url; $snitzOrama = array("[:(!] ", "[^]", "[:D]", "[B)]", "[:I]", "[cat]", "[:o)]", "[8D]", "[xx(]", "[V]", "[8]", "[}:)]", "[:X]", "[?]", "[:(]", "[:O]", "[8)]", "[|)]", "[:)]", "[:P]", "[;)]"); $bbcode = array(":evil:", ":)", ":D", ":?", ":oops:", ":?:", ":mrgreen:", "8)", ":x", ":evil:", ":?:", ":twisted:", ":)", ":?:", ":(", ":shock:", ":|", ":o", ":)", ":p", ";)"); $newtext = str_replace($snitzOrama, $bbcode, $text); if($postid != -1 && !empty($snitz_url) && !empty($phpbb_url)) $newtext = str_replace($snitz_url, $phpbb_url, $newtext); if($bbcodeuid != -1) { $bbcode = array("[b:".$bbcodeuid."]", "[u:".$bbcodeuid."]", "[i:".$bbcodeuid."]", "[quote:".$bbcodeuid."]", "[code:".$bbcodeuid."]", "[img:".$bbcodeuid."]", "[url:".$bbcodeuid."]", "[/b:".$bbcodeuid."]", "[/u:".$bbcodeuid."]", "[/i:".$bbcodeuid."]", "[/quote:".$bbcodeuid."]", "[/code:".$bbcodeuid."]", "[/img:".$bbcodeuid."]", "[/url:".$bbcodeuid."]"); $snitzOrama = array("[b]", "[u]", "[i]", "[quote]", "[code]", "[img]", "[url]", "[/b]", "[/u]", "[/i]", "[/quote]", "
", "[/img]", "[/url]"); $newtext = str_replace($snitzOrama, $bbcode, $newtext); $snitzOrama = array("", "", "", "[QUOTE]", "

Code: Select all

", "[IMG]", "[URL]", "[/B]", "[/U]", "[/I]", "[/QUOTE]", "
", "[/IMG]", "[/URL]"); $newtext = str_replace($snitzOrama, $bbcode, $newtext); } return $newtext; } // MySQL error reporting function query_error($query, $extra = "") { global $snitzdb, $bbdb; echo "

MySQL query error!

Query was: ".$query."

\n"; echo "mysql_errno = ".mysql_errno()."
\n"; echo "mysql_error = ".mysql_error()."
\n"; echo "extra info = ".$extra."[/code]
Endeavour2

Post by Endeavour2 »

It looks like you've edited part of the script and deleted a tag, quote or something. Go over everything you've edited and double-check the syntax, or start from scratch and make your changes to a fresh copy of the converter.

Cheers!
copperknackers

Post by copperknackers »

Hi,

I am converting a Snitz forum to PHPBB2 (I'm then going to upgrade to PHPBB3)...

I have exported all of the Snitz Access DB tables into MySQL (using the ODBC).

I was using the converter mentioned on here. I ran it, but am currently getting this error:

mysql_errno = 1366
mysql_error = Incorrect integer value: 'Feb 29, 2008' for column 'user_regdate' at row 1
extra info = Couldn't add the catch-all Snitz user into the phpbb user table

Is it because today is 29/02 (i.e. a leap year)? I'm a newbie to PHP so any help is greatly appreciated.
copperknackers

Post by copperknackers »

OK, I changed the date to 8th Feb on my PC but still got the same error:

Confirmed the anonymous group was where it should be.
Confirmed the anonymous user was where it should be.
Found the last current phpbb userid (2), Snitz users will begin at 3.
Set the auto-increment to match the actual Nuke user id values.

MySQL query error!

Query was: INSERT INTO phpbb_users ( `user_id`, `user_active`, `username`, `user_email`, `user_website`, `user_regdate`, `user_password`, `user_interests`) values ( '3', '1', 'Snitz User', '[email protected]', 'http://www.amazingbrass.co.uk', 'Feb 08, 2008', '8a632d4f6a6fb2c9201277502e95105c', 'This is a catch-all user for posts from deleted/invalid user accounts. It was created during the Snitz forum migration. This is not a real person!')

mysql_errno = 1366
mysql_error = Incorrect integer value: 'Feb 08, 2008' for column 'user_regdate' at row 1
extra info = Couldn't add the catch-all Snitz user into the phpbb user table

Help!
philwhite

Post by philwhite »

Sounds like the same problem I had. See my query and the answer on the previous page
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p3167259

Should work for you as well.
It's only words...
Wordwizard.com
copperknackers

Post by copperknackers »

Thanks for that - I thought it was working fine, but then it got to member 375 and then just hung...

I tried it again and got this:

369: Alexrlx ...done!
370: Cindy prince ...done!
371: splodge ...done!
372: peter small ...done!
373: pastorbrian ...done!
374: slburkhart ...done!
375: Yan ...

It keeps hanging around here. Any ideas? I'm not getting an error or anything, so I'm baffled!
copperknackers

Post by copperknackers »

Do I need to add a script_timeout type of thing?
(I'm used to ASP.Net, not PHP! :cry: )
philwhite

Post by philwhite »

Yes, I had to.

I set max_execution_time in php.ini to something silly like 300000 seconds.
It's only words...
Wordwizard.com
Endeavour2

Post by Endeavour2 »

Yep, I think phil is right, looks like the script has timed out (ie: PHP has cancelled execution because it took too long). I'm surprised it's happening after 375 users though, I've converted several thousand without a timeout, which is why I added the batch processing option for the posts/topics only.

If you still have the problem let me know, I should be able to quickly patch in a batching system for the users instead of an all-in-one go process.
pveatx

Post by pveatx »

Could anyone provide me with a new link to this converter software (or send me a private message with it) since the link in the first post points to a website which is down!

CORRECTION: It's back up now!

Thanks in advance.

Peter
embrax

Post by embrax »

Hi!

This worked great for me, importing all forums and boards. It also imported usernames correctly but passowrds seems completely wrong!

In my snitz db passwords were 64 chars long... now in phpbb2 they are an md5 of 32 chars but if i try to log in with old account it does not work...
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

Passwords do not work because of the different encryption techniques used. I talked a little about making passwords work here, but it will depend on what the convertor does to the passwords whether they will work or not.

Your best bet is probably to use the "I Forgot my Password" link.
Have you hugged someone today?

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”