Email on Birthday

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
paciuli

Re: Email on Birthday

Post by paciuli » Wed May 21, 2008 7:50 am

Me too had exactly the same issue described by the user updown... no new birthday, second message sent to the same user at around 1.00 am. I can't sort this out... :oops:
Great mod btw, looking forward to getting rid of this little annoyance :)
Biliardoweb - Italian billiard community - http://www.biliardoweb.com

xportweb

Post by xportweb » Wed May 21, 2008 8:07 am

Thank you for this great mod! Works just fine, and easy to instal! Cheers!

updown

Post by updown » Wed May 21, 2008 3:52 pm

paciuli wrote:Me too had exactly the same issue described by the user updown... no new birthday, second message sent to the same user at around 1.00 am.
Thanks paciuli, I nearly thought I'm the only guy in the whole phpbb3-universe with this issue... :geek:

Lefty, please take a look into the code again for this bug. Since I only can analyse logical code-behaviour, but cannot read or write complete php-code, my own abilities for fixing this are very limited. :ugeek:

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:24 pm

the code still looks ok to me.
i will have a look tonight again to see if i get another mail.

would you be able to set up a testboard on your server where i could test it as i have not had any problems on mine?
cheers
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:16 pm

edit: i think i could recreate the bug. not sure how to best stop this at the moment. will look into it and get back.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:52 pm

pse try the following:

in index.php

FIND

Code: Select all

if ( sizeof($bd_list_ary) && $config['birthday_run'] < mktime(0, 0, 0, $nowvar['mon'], $nowvar['mday'], $nowvar['year']) && $config['birthday_emails'] )

REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

if ( sizeof($bd_list_ary) && ((int)$user->data['user_timezone'] == (int)$config['board_timezone'] && (int)$user->data['user_dst'] == (int)$config['board_dst']) && $config['birthday_run'] < mktime(0, 0, 0, $nowvar['mon'], $nowvar['mday'], $nowvar['year']) && $config['birthday_emails'] )
i dont think this is ideal yet but until i come up with something else this should do the trick.
lefty74

updown

Post by updown » Mon May 26, 2008 10:38 pm

Lefty, thanks for going into this!

I'm testing this code for the next days. I think with "not ideal" you mean, that with this code-fix only users with the same board-DST and TZ are triggering the email-sendout, right?

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:16 am

not ideal is that i did not go too deeply into it. it may be the best solution i can come up with but i would have to look at it properly which i dont have the time for right now.
lefty74

updown

Post by updown » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:51 pm

your patch seem to work good so far- just to let you know ;)

there are no more double-mails since now...

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:42 am

^ then lefty74, i'll love if you released that patch as new version of your MOD .... after testing by you. :lol:

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:02 pm

i havent had a chance to look at this further. the current fix works so i would use that if i were you.
lefty74

Nicole86

Post by Nicole86 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:26 pm

I have a problem with this mod...

I translate the birthday_email.txt in german and saved the file in format "UTF-8". Unfortunately this mod don't work with UTF-8. Maybe can someone tell me, what I have to change at this mod?

I really need UTF-8 for the german language :cry:

Thanks, Nicole

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:29 pm

hi, i will have to have a look as i dont use german on my board yet.

can you pm me your text and i will have a look.
cheers
lefty74

updown

Post by updown » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Be assured: german works fine with this Mod 8-)

Be sure to use a functional editor (NOT Notepad!)! And be sure to save the file in UTF-8 without BOMs...

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:48 pm

thanks for the confirmation updown, i just tested it on my board as well and it works there too. ;)
lefty74

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”