[ABD] Nyquist Show Groups Info (multiple ranks)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Little Blue

Re: [BETA] Nyquist Show Groups Info (multiple ranks)

Post by Little Blue »

Nyquist, I understand why you chose to use images in the mod's logic, and I dunno if I'm alone in this, but I use rank titles in preference to rank images (so my ranks didn't show unless I modified the mod's functions to use titles as well). I dunno if its too late now since you're submitting it to the modDB, but is there any chance in a future version to get some kind of control that defines if a rank is used in the multiple ranks list or not other than the intrinsic nature of the rank?

Despite this, a great mod. Thank you! :)
Nyquist

Post by Nyquist »

Lucci wrote:I did everything needed.

Edited all files.
Uploaded the other Files.
Added & activated the Module in acp.

but it didnt change anything its still the same as before. it doesnt show more than the normal rank like before.

Does this Mod still work? Or can someone help fixing my problem?

thanks
you probably need to go to the ACP, open the "Nyquist Show Groups Info" tab and click on the "inherit" radio. Apply the changes and you should see the groups ranks together with the personal rank.
Little Blue wrote:Nyquist, I understand why you chose to use images in the mod's logic, and I dunno if I'm alone in this, but I use rank titles in preference to rank images (so my ranks didn't show unless I modified the mod's functions to use titles as well). I dunno if its too late now since you're submitting it to the modDB, but is there any chance in a future version to get some kind of control that defines if a rank is used in the multiple ranks list or not other than the intrinsic nature of the rank?

Despite this, a great mod. Thank you! :)
LB I am thinking about this. Let me tell you why the MOD is made this way. In my mind when I install a new MOD I am happy if I have an easy way to uninstall/delete it, in case in the future I want to. This is the reason for you have a system module where you can disable the entire MOD and forget about it. In order to control if a group rank image (or title) is used in the multiple ranks list or not I need to change the SQL schema. This means that the uninstall/erase of the MOD will not be harmless anymore :) .
However I myself am facing the need of a more complex way to manage multiple ranks so it is possible that the next version will include this capability (and will require a change to the DB schema).
sssmsm

Post by sssmsm »

Nyquist wrote:i submitted to MODDB and i have been given a few changes to do. Unfortunately I am a little busy at the moment. I hope I'll be ready to resubmit in a few days.
Thanks! I check almost every day :D
Adam_PHP

Post by Adam_PHP »

Same here, only I'm going to install before it get approved. That is how bad I need it. =D
Scriptmaster10

Post by Scriptmaster10 »

Hi, great mod however an issue (sorry if they have been answered before):

:arrow: Some people don't have the postcount rank showing - these people are all part of the same user group: "gryffindor". Is showing postcount rank for everyone within the confines of the modification?

website to see this problem:
http://witherwings.info
forumman

Post by forumman »

Okay, I think this is a fantastic mod and dearly want to get this working.

I have done everything required but still only get one rank showing :cry: :cry:

What takes priority, Ranks or groups.

I'm a bit of a noob to phpBB so any help with the correct setting would be appreciated. Options have been set to 7 ranks and "INHERIT" - hope this is correct :?: :?:

Edit: It works :D :D :D :D - wel sorta. Cleared the cache! I only get 3 ranks showing up one below the other - some users have 5 ranks and the setting is currently at 7

Any help why only 3????

Nyquist

Post by Nyquist »

Hi there,
sorry for the late responses, but the work has been wild in these last two months.

About the last requests:
Scriptmaster10 wrote:Hi, great mod however an issue (sorry if they have been answered before):

:arrow: Some people don't have the postcount rank showing - these people are all part of the same user group: "gryffindor". Is showing postcount rank for everyone within the confines of the modification?

It seems to me that these users are not anymore in the "registered users" group, that is the one which has postcount rank. To solve the issue:
  1. enable inheriting of groups (choose the "inherit" option in the ACP)
  2. put these users in the "registered users" group
  3. disable the inheriting (choose the "do not inherit" option in the ACP)
  4. put these users in all the other groups as needed
forumman wrote:Edit: It works :D :D :D :D - wel sorta. Cleared the cache! I only get 3 ranks showing up one below the other - some users have 5 ranks and the setting is currently at 7

Any help why only 3????

Indeed there is no reason to get only 3 ranks showing. On my forum I go over that. Just note that only ranks having images are shown. So if a user is member of a group whichs rank has no picture you won't see anything. If this is not the problem, please send me some more details. Also send me the link to your forum (also in PM if you prefer) and I'll check it out.

EDIT: I have seen just now that you set inherit in the ACP. When you do so changing the default group means loosing the initial one (registered users) and you don't want to do this. choose "do not inherit in the ACP ;)
cyb0rg

Post by cyb0rg »

Nyquist wrote:Hi there,
sorry for the late responses, but the work has been wild in these last two months.

About the last requests:
Scriptmaster10 wrote:Hi, great mod however an issue (sorry if they have been answered before):

It seems to me that these users are not anymore in the "registered users" group, that is the one which has postcount rank. To solve the issue:
  1. enable inheriting of groups (choose the "inherit" option in the ACP)
  2. put these users in the "registered users" group
  3. disable the inheriting (choose the "do not inherit" option in the ACP)
  4. put these users in all the other groups as needed
Is there another way because I have to many members and groups to be doing that?

Atm we all have our ranks showing, however those in groups other than registered users arnt getting the post count rank images? Just all there group rank images.

Any help appreciated.
Nyquist

Post by Nyquist »

cyb0rg wrote:Is there another way because I have to many members and groups to be doing that?

Atm we all have our ranks showing, however those in groups other than registered users arnt getting the post count rank images? Just all there group rank images.

Any help appreciated.
I'm really sorry, but I should make a script to do this repeatedly on a number of users. I would tell you I will send you such script ASAP but I really don't know how much time it might take. So, for the moment, there is not another way.
cyb0rg

Post by cyb0rg »

Ok, thankyou so much.

If and when a time comes, my email inmy profile should work and Ill keep tabs on this topic too.
Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

Would it be difficult to also allow the image to show when viewing the memberlist?
Kiss me, I'm Polish!
.knightl3y

Post by .knightl3y »

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I can't, for the life of me, find the line

Code: Select all

remove_default_rank($group_id, $user_ary);
in functions_user.php
Nyquist

Post by Nyquist »

which one of the find on remove_default_rank gives you problems?
Nyquist

Post by Nyquist »

Anyasha wrote:Would it be difficult to also allow the image to show when viewing the memberlist?
the problem is mainly in appearance. You can have several group images per user and placing them in the list might require a "style guru". of course some coding is necessary but it is not going to be added untill the first release of the MOD, sorry ;)
Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

Poo. :( I am only using one small image and it'd go perfectly next to the username. I don't need the memberlist_body.html edits, just the memberlist.php edits. *waits impatiently* ;)
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”