SEO MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
rwap01

Re: Jumpto() Bug

Post by rwap01 »

[DELETED] - was a query I have resolved myself
Last edited by rwap01 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
James321

Re: SEO MOD

Post by James321 »

Sorry for beeing a Noob.
But I have a question:
There are 37 pages and a lot of theme report bugs of a MOD released.I must read them all and fix them or they are fixed and the first post updated ?

P.S so I can free risk use this mod ?
Thank you@
rwap01

Post by rwap01 »

James321 wrote:Sorry for beeing a Noob.
But I have a question:
There are 37 pages and a lot of theme report bugs of a MOD released.I must read them all and fix them or they are fixed and the first post updated ?

Thank you@
You can use the mod risk free - however, not all bugs have been fixed (not quite what you would expect of a release version but what the heck).

Once you have installed the SEO MOD, read my SEO Essential fixes post for details of fixes which you will need to implement.

They are still some outstanding issues, but the author does not appear to be working on these and leaving them up to the community to fix. Is there anyone else looking at these issues, or just me?
rwap01

Re: Jumpto() Bug

Post by rwap01 »

rwap01 wrote:I have been investigating the bug in the javascript which is run if you click on the "PAGE 1 of 3" link at the bottom to jump to an entered page number.

Nearly fixed, but I am struggling. I need to pass a parameter in the "jumpto();" statement which appears in the template - it should read:

Code: Select all

jumpto('{TOPIC_URL}','{SEO_EXT}');
I have amended this in the template for prosilver, and altered functions_seo.php to include setting up the chnages to these parameters in the template, but when you view my forums, the resulting HTML still shows:
<a href="#" onclick="jumpto(); return false;" title="Click to jump to page…">

Any ideas what I have missed?
OK I have fixed this bug - I just need to remember what I have changed in order to share it with everyone else. To get the updated template to be used, I had to purge the cache in the administration control panel.
Darkness568

Post by Darkness568 »

ummm.. I read your SEO mod essentials to be updated, but when i searched the file in the index.php i couldnt find it, but it did find what it was supposed to change so should i just replace it?
rwap01

Post by rwap01 »

Darkness568 wrote:ummm.. I read your SEO mod essentials to be updated, but when i searched the file in the index.php i couldnt find it, but it did find what it was supposed to change so should i just replace it?
It would help if you could explain which change you are trying to do.... A link to the actual post or a bit of code would help as this statement does not make much sense
Darkness568

Post by Darkness568 »

Well i read the SEO essential modes or updates or whatever it is and the mark all threads had a code change for index.php and wants me to find this code

'U_MARK_FORUMS'        => ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx", 'mark=forums') : '',

, but when i search for it i cannot find it, but i can find something similar to it this is the code i found in it

'U_MARK_FORUMS'		=> ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx", 'mark=forums') : '',
this is the code to replace it with

Select all
    'U_MARK_FORUMS'        => ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? '?mark=forums' : '', 
so should i just replace that code even though its not the same. I found the SEO essentials link in your post a few up
James321 wrote:Sorry for beeing a Noob.
But I have a question:

Thank you@

rwap01 wrote: You can use the mod risk free - however, not all bugs have been fixed (not quite what you would expect of a release version but what the heck).

Once you have installed the SEO MOD, read my SEO Essential fixes post for details of fixes which you will need to implement.

They are still some outstanding issues, but the author does not appear to be working on these and leaving them up to the community to fix. Is there anyone else looking at these issues, or just me?
NLCrEaTiVe

Post by NLCrEaTiVe »

It looks like to be working, except when replying and editing posts. I get this error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'phpbb3_topics t WHERE t.topic_id = p.topic_id AND t.topic_id = 5393' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

SELECT t.topic_title FROM phpbb3_posts p phpbb3_topics t WHERE t.topic_id = p.topic_id AND t.topic_id = 5393

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_seo.php
LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: viewtopic.php
LINE: 64
CALL: moved_topic()

What am I missing out?
rwap01

Post by rwap01 »

Darkness568 wrote:Well i read the SEO essential modes or updates or whatever it is and the mark all threads had a code change for index.php and wants me to find this code

'U_MARK_FORUMS'        => ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx", 'mark=forums') : '',

, but when i search for it i cannot find it, but i can find something similar to it this is the code i found in it

'U_MARK_FORUMS'		=> ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx", 'mark=forums') : '',
this is the code to replace it with

Select all
    'U_MARK_FORUMS'        => ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? '?mark=forums' : '', 
so should i just replace that code even though its not the same. I found the SEO essentials link in your post a few up
Yes, this is the line you need to replace.
rwap01

Post by rwap01 »

NLCrEaTiVe wrote:It looks like to be working, except when replying and editing posts. I get this error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'phpbb3_topics t WHERE t.topic_id = p.topic_id AND t.topic_id = 5393' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

SELECT t.topic_title FROM phpbb3_posts p phpbb3_topics t WHERE t.topic_id = p.topic_id AND t.topic_id = 5393

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_seo.php
LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: viewtopic.php
LINE: 64
CALL: moved_topic()

What am I missing out?
I would suggest that you have made an error in the changes to posting.php - see the MODx
terryrw

Post by terryrw »

rwap01 wrote:
terryrw wrote:I am having issues with the mod. Let's say for example a user is browing a category and found a subject that has 5 pages. 1,2,3,4,5,6. If they click they try go directly to a specific page number "example, they click on page 5" they get a 404 page error like this. (The requested URL /forum/fishing-contest-for-the-kid%CA%B9s--t1577s30.php does not exist.) I can't figure out what is causing this. If they open the subject and click next to go through all 6 pages there is no problems. It is only when they try to click a page from the topics pages. I attempted to re-edit all the files 4 times and have the same result. Can someone please offer me some assistance, as I am not a coder.
This is one of the pagination bugs referred to in my SEO Essential fixes post
Well, I made all of the edits you listed but I am still having the same exact problem as before. When I click on a page number that is supposed to jump to that page I get the same errors as before adding the edits.

404 Not Found
The requested URL /forum/lighthouse-deer-hunt%CA%B9s-illinois-t947s30.php does not exist.

Any suggestions on why I am having these problems even after applying the fixes mentioned in the thread? I am going to revert back to my original non modded files for now. Hope somone can help me out.

bumping for help
Last edited by terryrw on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
rwap01

Re: Bugs and bug fix compilation.

Post by rwap01 »

flycker wrote: Second, bugs without a bug fix:

1. - "Page 2 of 4" (javascript) doens't work:
1.1 Image
1.2 Image
1.3 Go to "http://new1.myforum.com/&start=10" a "404 - Not Found" page.
I have managed to fix this bug, as follows:

In the styles/prosilver/template folder:
Find the following lines in forum_fn.js

function jumpto()
{
	var page = prompt(jump_page, on_page);

if (page !== null && !isNaN(page) && page > 0)
	{
		document.location.href = base_url.replace(/&/g, '&') + '&start=' + ((page - 1) * per_page);
	}
}
Replace with:

function jumpto(base_url,seo_ext)
{
	var page = prompt(jump_page, on_page);

if (page !== null && !isNaN(page) && page > 0)
	{
		document.location.href = base_url.replace(/&/g, '&') + 's' + ((page - 1) * per_page) + seo_ext;
	}
}
Find the following text in viewtopic_body.html (appears twice)

<a href="#" onclick="jumpto(); return false;" title="{L_JUMP_TO_PAGE}">
Replace with the following (both times):

<a href="#" onclick="jumpto('{BASE_URL}','{TOPIC_SEO_EXT}'); return false;" title="{L_JUMP_TO_PAGE}">
Find the following text in viewforum_body.html (appears twice)

<a href="#" onclick="jumpto(); return false;" title="{L_JUMP_TO_PAGE}">
Replace with the following (both times):

<a href="#" onclick="jumpto('{BASE_URL}','{TOPIC_SEO_EXT}'); return false;" title="{L_JUMP_TO_PAGE}">
Note the need to purge the cache in order for your forum to see the updated template.
In includes/functions_seo.php, find the line:

$tpl_prefix . 'PER_PAGE'	=> $per_page,
And add below this line:

$tpl_prefix . 'TOPIC_SEO_EXT'   => $append,
flycker wrote: Second, bugs without a bug fix:

2. - Unread orange icon (When you are viewing a forum and there are unread threads you can click on the little orange)
2.1 Image
2.2 Go to "http://new1.myforum.com/sdfsdfs-t9.html ... ead#unread" a "404 - Not Found" page.
I have also found the fix for this bug:
In viewforum.php Find:

'U_NEWEST_POST'			=> $view_topic_url . '&view=unread#unread',
Change to:

'U_NEWEST_POST'			=> $view_topic_url . '-view=unread#unread',
Are there any more bugs remaining?
NLCrEaTiVe

Post by NLCrEaTiVe »

rwap01 wrote:
NLCrEaTiVe wrote:-
I would suggest that you have made an error in the changes to posting.php - see the MODx
It works now, it conflicted with another mod in viewtopic.php.
NLCrEaTiVe

Post by NLCrEaTiVe »

Unfortunately I'm experiencing another problem. When I create a topic with, for example, :P, and click on it I am redirected to the forum index. It does not happen with a topic without the ':'.

I have applied the following fix already:

function clean_url($url)
    {
       $url = trim(str_replace(array('Re:', 're:'), '', $url));
       //$find = array('?', '#', '%', '?', '^', '.', '/', ' ', '_', ')', '(', '[', ']', ':', '.');
       $find = array(' ', '@', '=', '$', '&amp', '+', '~', '`', '?', '#', '%', '!', '^', '.', '/', '_', ')', '(', '[', ']', '{', '}', ':', ',', '<', '>', ';', '|', '*', '"', '\'', '\\');
       $url = str_replace($find, '-', censor_text($url));
       // remove all duplicates "-"
       $url = ereg_replace("-+", '-', $url);
       // remove the last "-", to avoid this "/test--t14.html"
       if ($url{strlen($url)-1} == '-')
       {
          $url = substr($url, 0, -1);
       }
       return utf8_clean_string($url);
    }
BlooLagoo

Pagnation Problem

Post by BlooLagoo »

I've checked out most things in this thread, but couldn't find a solution to this problem.

The last page link doesn't work, it instead links the page after the previous page.

Eg: In that picture 55 takes me to page 6 (the next page to be shown on the list). No matter what I can't jump to the last page in topics that way.

Is anyone else having that trouble/stumbled upon a solution. If I've been unclear, I'll try and explain it better.

I'm not actually sure where to look at the moment.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”