EasyMOD alpha3 v0.0.8 released

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Questions

Post by Questions »

-EDIT-
Last edited by Questions on Mon May 26, 2003 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will Install MODs to your forum, or install a fresh phpBB 2.0.10 to your host for reasonable prices.
Contact me via AIM @: Gam LDub

(Please note: I use paypal as my money transaction, so before you contact me to do any work to your site, make sure you have one. Thank you.)
GPHemsley
Name: Gordon Hemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Nuttzy seems to have gone to get some rest. Please be patient.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Nuttzy99 wrote:
Nuttzy99 wrote:
Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote:2003/05/24 : issue with the directory under windows/easyPHP :
Current working directory: c:\documents and settings\pierrot\bureau\site\forum_mod\admin\mods\easymod
My best bet is about the case in the dir name : the dir name is verified to have the upper case in it.
I'll be sure to make it case insensitive in the next version. - to do: code insensitivity - no! can't do this!

What was I thinking? Of course this must remain case sensitive. It's a directory and when moving or accessing files I'll need the EXACT path name. So people will have to use "EasyMOD" not "easymod", sorry ;)

-Nuttzy :cool:
That's will be impossible on windows server. Why just don't you set the directory name to easymod in place of EasyMOD ? You'll keep so the exact pathname and case sensitivity check, and allow people running onto windows using easymod. I really don't get the point of having upercase letter in the path name, except denying windows user to use it :?:. As I plan to use the tool as a validation one on the install template (and not online), I certainly have some interest in making it run under windows server. Anyway, only the installer process check this, it's quite easy to correct, but I really see no needs of having a particular version for windows ;).
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

I don't understand what the big deal is about this Windows server business. Windows servers can make capitalized folder names. Why don't you just set the folder to EasyMOD and be done with it?
Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu »

Nuttzy99 wrote:
Josh Windu wrote:

Code: Select all

read access       :: OK
write access      :: OK
root path write   :: failed
chmod access      :: OK
unlink access     :: OK
mkdir access      :: OK
tmp path write    :: OK
FTP extension     :: OK
copy access       :: OK
The chmod access, write access and unlink access are only OK because I chmodded the admin and mods and easymod.

I am trying to install on

Reading: server (only option for now)
Writing: tmp write & ftp server is recommended
Moving: automated FTP automated FTP is recommended

I know you've since changed to download+manual but I'm still interested as to why your FTP failed. BTW the errors you got from download+manual have been discussed and can be ignored. When you tried FTP, the second step of the installer tests this connection. Did it succeed?

Also, since you did the chmod (only really necessary on EM, CF, and whatver other mod folders you upload) I would recommend that you use write=server and move=script if you have shell access. But still the best thing would be to get FTP working, so I'm willing to figure it out if you are ;)

I only changed to download and manuel to see if I could then change the ftp details at the acp. I got some errors while installing and had to move the files from the server to the right places. once done I went to the admin panel and it all worked fine. I managed to change the details there because that never run a check but then when I go to install cf i still get the error.

The error happens when I try to connect to my ftp; like when it was checking my settings at the install.
Nitrotech - Alpha stage... Your own fully customisable forum! and site!
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: I really don't get the point of having upercase letter in the path name, except denying windows user to use it :?:.
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It seems unlikely that windows server cannot do capital letters. It works fine on my apache setup on windows. Does windows server suck that bad? :P

To everyone else: Just got done mowing the lawn. Taking a break. Hang in there ;)

SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Nuttzy99 wrote:
Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote:I really don't get the point of having upercase letter in the path name, except denying windows user to use it :?:.
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It seems unlikely that windows server cannot do capital letters. It works fine on my apache setup on windows. Does windows server suck that bad? :P

Psst, Nuttzy:
GPHemsley wrote: I don't understand what the big deal is about this Windows server business. Windows servers can make capitalized folder names. Why don't you just set the folder to EasyMOD and be done with it?
;)
god49

Post by god49 »

ok I am trying to find out what is automatic about this thing or does it not work on localhost?
LLivingLarge

Post by LLivingLarge »

Nuttzy, I'd gladly be your guinea pig.
Last edited by LLivingLarge on Mon May 26, 2003 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official Guinea Pig of Nuttzy99...
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: 2003/05/25: issues on finding lines althought they exists exactly : probably due to find on commentary, ie, in index.php:

//
	// Okay, let's build the index
	//
Looks like I'm getting the same problem. Will investigate further.

Questions

Post by Questions »

just a couple of questions.....

1. umm....nuttzy....when it makes backups of the files....does it include the current files or a fresh (unmodded) files?

2. can you uninstall a mod then re-install it, because i messed up...i installed country flags and another mod at the same time....and neither carried the modded files so it messed my forum up and i had to re-start by uploading all new files......

i hope you understand....and one more question.....

what should the settings be??
I will Install MODs to your forum, or install a fresh phpBB 2.0.10 to your host for reasonable prices.
Contact me via AIM @: Gam LDub

(Please note: I use paypal as my money transaction, so before you contact me to do any work to your site, make sure you have one. Thank you.)
LLivingLarge

Post by LLivingLarge »

I feel like a dumbass... I figured out that Writing works when set to download...
Last edited by LLivingLarge on Mon May 26, 2003 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official Guinea Pig of Nuttzy99...
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

GPHemsley wrote: I don't understand what the big deal is about this Windows server business. Windows OS servers can make capitalized folder names. Why don't you just set the folder to EasyMOD and be done with it?
Be sure as when I'm affirmative on an issue, the issue is :). When I'm not affirmative, it means I'm not sure, but it seems to me. Windows XP server doesn't deliver path name capitalized, even if your explorer use a table of conversion (path -> alias) to display uppercase :).

to answer to Nutzzy : yep, windows OS XP server are far from beeing the best, that's why they are of no use most of the time and why professionals prefer UNIX server. But for a local use, they are much more convienient.
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Nuttzy99 wrote:
Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote:2003/05/25: issues on finding lines althought they exists exactly : probably due to find on commentary, ie, in index.php:

//
	//
Looks like I'm getting the same problem. Will investigate further.
Nope. This is actually a problem with the MOD script.

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
	//
	//
#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]-----------------------------------------
#
[..SNIP..]

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
## [..SNIP..]
	//
	//
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
#[..SNIP..]
...you can't FIND the same thing twice!!!! If you remove the second FIND it should work. Following a BEFORE statement, EM will allow an AFTER or IN-LINE commands to be performed on the same FIND.

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Kazer0 wrote: Nope. Write: server doesnt work because of php safe mode.
Kazer0 wrote: write access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK

Something wierd going on. The scan was able to sucessfully create a file and make a dir. You are going to wait for me to release the advanced debug tools. Sorry.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”