EasyMOD alpha3 v0.0.8 released

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

GPHemsley wrote: This parses correctly (on MOD History):

Code: Select all

## Mod Author:   Nuttzy99 < [email protected] > (Nuttzy) http://www.blizzhackers.com
But this doesn't:

## MOD Author: GPHemsley < [email protected] > (Gordon P. Hemsley) http://lttp.iwebland.com/
Hrmmm... I will investigate.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

LLivingLarge wrote: I feel like a dumbass... I figured out that Writing works when set to download...
We'll see if we can get some type of automation going for ya though ;)

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Josh Windu wrote:

FTP extension     :: OK

Ok, you have the module loaded that will support an alternate FTP method. I'll make up a test for you to see if this works.

Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

Nuttzy99 wrote:
Kazer0 wrote:Nope. Write: server doesnt work because of php safe mode.
Kazer0 wrote: write access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK

Something wierd going on. The scan was able to sucessfully create a file and make a dir. You are going to wait for me to release the advanced debug tools. Sorry.

It says that the script does not have permission to do the stuff.

N e who, I manually did everything, it all shows up fine, blah blah blah, I click on Install MODs, and this lil bugger pops up:
Warning: main() [function.main]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 99 is not allowed to access ../extension.inc owned by uid 32050 in /home/shiftxd/public_html/try/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 83

Warning: main(../extension.inc) [function.main]: failed to create stream: Inappropriate ioctl for device in /home/shiftxd/public_html/try/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 83

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required '../extension.inc' (include_path='') in /home/shiftxd/public_html/try/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 83

Ive so far tried every way that will work. Every time I get it installed, this is what happens when I click on any of the 3 sections in the ACP for EasyMOD. Seems like you have a problem with php safe mode. I have EVERYTHING chmod 777. Still, thats what happens. As far as I know, all the files are where they should be now. Is there supposed to be some kind of modification to the extension.inc file?

EDIT 1 Grr... I dont know if you saw this post cuz you posted right after me.... Oh well...
For FTP on mine, It gives all sorts of errors, saying it cant move, rename, or do anything. So FTP doesnt work.
Last edited by Kazer0 on Mon May 26, 2003 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Charron || alexis support forum || Specializing in phpBB website template integration
Hurry up, my feash is siek.
AndrewCharron.com version 5 released!
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: Windows XP server doesn't deliver path name capitalized

Ok, well the best I can do then is to (as you suggested) make the EM directory lowercase. But for other MODs, I cannot automatically lowcase dirs b/c it will matter on other systems. So for Country Flags for example, you will need to manually lowcase the folder name if you want it to work. Best I can do :?

to do: lowcase the EM directory

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Nuttzy99 wrote: ...you can't FIND the same thing twice!!!! If you remove the second FIND it should work. Following a BEFORE statement, EM will allow an AFTER or IN-LINE commands to be performed on the same FIND.
hu ? Why not ? The sentence to find is still present and not modified. Don't you restart from the begining of the file to search the find block ? What about FIND/ACTION that are not in the good order (I haven't test yet that) ?

other mod directory : yep, as a mod has less restriction than easymod : I didn't even seen a lot of mod using capitalized title for their added dir (also only a few add dirs).
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Questions wrote: 1. umm....nuttzy....when it makes backups of the files....does it include the current files or a fresh (unmodded) files?
It backs them up from whatever state they were in prior to installation. So if you had other MODs installed, they will also appear in the backups.
2. can you uninstall a mod then re-install it
If you remove the entries from the EM table in your database then you can reinstall them.
what should the settings be??
Don't you have it working already? I wouldn't mess with the settings then ;) I can't remember what your scan info was anyway.

Questions

Post by Questions »

thanks.....

but i have a problem....when it makes back-ups....it just has the directory and not the file itself.....

any reason why this could be happening?
I will Install MODs to your forum, or install a fresh phpBB 2.0.10 to your host for reasonable prices.
Contact me via AIM @: Gam LDub

(Please note: I use paypal as my money transaction, so before you contact me to do any work to your site, make sure you have one. Thank you.)
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: hu ? Why not ? The sentence to find is still present and not modified. Don't you restart from the begining of the file to search the find block ?
Absolutely not. All commands for a file are processed in order and they must be sequential. This allows for a FIND followed by another FIND (and then more FINDs). So if you wanted to FIND the second instance of an identical line this will work. Its especially helpful in tpl files. I do retain the FIND buffer in memory though and as I said the following sequence could all happen on the same FIND: FIND-> BEFORE, ADD -> (unlimited IN-LINE commands) -> AFTER, ADD).
What about FIND/ACTION that are not in the good order (I haven't test yet that) ?
Then they will start getting rejected for the MODs DB starting with 2.0.5 of phpBB (presumablely) ;)

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Questions wrote: but i have a problem....when it makes back-ups....it just has the directory and not the file itself.....
Clearly something is not working right for you. Let me create these debug tools and we'll figure it out ;)

Questions

Post by Questions »

lol.....thanks :P
I will Install MODs to your forum, or install a fresh phpBB 2.0.10 to your host for reasonable prices.
Contact me via AIM @: Gam LDub

(Please note: I use paypal as my money transaction, so before you contact me to do any work to your site, make sure you have one. Thank you.)
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Nuttzy99 wrote: This allows for a FIND followed by another FIND (and then more FINDs). So if you wanted to FIND the second instance of an identical line this will work.
Actually you (the mod-team :)) reject a mod on FIND not being unique within the file. This is a good thing, as one of the instances can have been modified by a prec mod, and so won't be found. This is especially critical on templates files.

I don't see anything in the template mod, neither while installing at hand a mod that doesn't allow multiple find on the same line, till the line is unique and not modified of course :). Must I add that is also a very easy way to install a modification, as the user has still the line onto his eyes ? ;)

The sequential order is at this time only a convinience, as it doesn't stop anybody to install a mod even if the sequence is not respected :). Anyway, keeping the file sequence ease the installation, so it is not a bad thing to follow it (personnal point of view).
Snover

Installer: Step 3: Critical Error

Post by Snover »

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [language/lang_english/lang_admin.php] could not find:

$lang['Styles']

Current working directory:
/var/www/html/admin/mods/EasyMOD

Occurs when using 'Automated FTP' (recommended) but works fine when using 'Copy' for MOVE method.
read access :: OK
write access :: OK
root path write :: failed
chmod access :: OK
unlink access :: OK
mkdir access :: OK
tmp path write :: OK
FTP extension :: OK
copy access :: OK

All directories and should be CHMOD'd 777 for it to install properly, and language/lang_english/lang_admin.php should be CHMOD'd to 666.

Of course, I worry about the security implications of allowing world-writable files and directories. (Well, not too much, but a bit. :P)
Colin Snover
Zetafleet
Snover

Post by Snover »

malformity in the way postprocessing via FTP is handled

Critical Error: FTP ERROR: could not move file [/var/www/html../admin/admin_board.php]

Also, the FTP is confusing paths.

[/var/www/html/../admin/admin_board.php] to [/home/virtual/site33/fst/var/www/html/admin/./mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/backups/admin/admin_board.php.txt]
should be [/var/www/html/admin/./mods/Custom_Title_Aexoden/backups/admin/admin_board.php.txt]
if doing it via FTP (since FTP's root is /var/www/html)

Sorry if I'm confusing, I confuse myself too.
And also sorry if I'm not helpful, I don't actually read to figure out what others have encountered. :P
I should really just fix the problem myself, but I am terrible when it comes to touching other people's code.

Aaayway, yeah, it seems to be OK up until it tries backing files up.

Oh, and, using SERVER, TMP & FTP, COPY causes major problems. :) (fgets() to null file pointer, endless loop)

Here's an idea for a bandage (what? another? ;)): suexec to bypass these problems for people with the sufficient user rights.
Colin Snover
Zetafleet
Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu »

Nuttzy99 wrote:
Josh Windu wrote:

FTP extension     :: OK

Ok, you have the module loaded that will support an alternate FTP method. I'll make up a test for you to see if this works.

cool thanks a lot nuttzy let me know when you are done ;)
Nitrotech - Alpha stage... Your own fully customisable forum! and site!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”