ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Sir Glen

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Sir Glen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:53 pm

Hey Lefty, first off; great mod, I love it. However, I would like it to work in Glacier, the theme I use on my forums. In my database I have it named SF_Leviathan so that if I blow it upI can switch back to Glacier, but I still give all the Glacier trademarks and whatnot and it is subtantively the same, the only real differences are colors/images. Anyway, when I added the theme files to the appropriate locations in SF_Leviathan and made the code changes listed in the directions (note: I used the prosilver directions, not subsilver2) and then tried to run the mod in SF_Leviathan rather than Prosilver I got the following error when trying to view the forum index:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/ahiler/public_html/leviathan/phpBB3/cache/tpl_SF_Leviathan_overall_header.html.php on line 247

It is worth noting that that is ALL I get, it doesn't show anything but that error now when I try to get to my forums. I'm not a coder; everything I know about coding or moding php I've taught myself in my spare time over the last week. I appear to have an aptitude for it, because it makes sense to me and I've gained a lot of ground, but this is really throwing me off. It appears to be upset because a string variable is ending unexpectedly on line 247? I've gone to the specified file and opened it in my .php editer and there ISN'T anything on line 247. Any idea what the problem may be, or how I could fix it? I would really like to use this mod on my forums, but it has to be Glacier compatable. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me, and for writing the mod in the first place.

Glen

Ddraiggoch06

Post by Ddraiggoch06 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:19 pm

Brilliant MOD, really useful. Installed easy and works like a charm.
I accept PM support for phpBB3. Please do not PM me with MOD or Style support and requests.
"Give a man a fish and you'll have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish and you'll have fed him for a lifetime."

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:36 pm

Sir Glen wrote:Hey Lefty, first off; great mod, I love it. However, I would like it to work in Glacier, the theme I use on my forums. In my database I have it named SF_Leviathan so that if I blow it upI can switch back to Glacier, but I still give all the Glacier trademarks and whatnot and it is subtantively the same, the only real differences are colors/images. Anyway, when I added the theme files to the appropriate locations in SF_Leviathan and made the code changes listed in the directions (note: I used the prosilver directions, not subsilver2) and then tried to run the mod in SF_Leviathan rather than Prosilver I got the following error when trying to view the forum index:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/ahiler/public_html/leviathan/phpBB3/cache/tpl_SF_Leviathan_overall_header.html.php on line 247

It is worth noting that that is ALL I get, it doesn't show anything but that error now when I try to get to my forums. I'm not a coder; everything I know about coding or moding php I've taught myself in my spare time over the last week. I appear to have an aptitude for it, because it makes sense to me and I've gained a lot of ground, but this is really throwing me off. It appears to be upset because a string variable is ending unexpectedly on line 247? I've gone to the specified file and opened it in my .php editer and there ISN'T anything on line 247. Any idea what the problem may be, or how I could fix it? I would really like to use this mod on my forums, but it has to be Glacier compatable. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me, and for writing the mod in the first place.

Glen
could you doublecheck your code in overall_header.html pse.

i just put this on a glacier lite and it works fine
Ddraiggoch06 wrote:Brilliant MOD, really useful. Installed easy and works like a charm.
cheers :)
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

smoothmann

Post by smoothmann » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:55 pm

This works great.......I like this mod. Thanks! :D

Kazutox

Post by Kazutox » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:55 pm

How come when I go to the ACP MOD area, I get a "general error" saying I can't open "Language file announcement_centre.php"? It's weird.
Embrace your dreams

ameisez

Post by ameisez » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:05 am

hi,

how can i change the color of the box where announcements are placed?

Thanks.
PHPBB on HOSTGATOR SERVER. MY PERSONAL CHOICE ;)
Need phpBB images and buttons? HIRE ME
my MOD: BB3 Media Player | a phpbb based media player

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:37 am

Kazutox wrote:How come when I go to the ACP MOD area, I get a "general error" saying I can't open "Language file announcement_centre.php"? It's weird.
please make sure the language files are uploaded, also to the other language folders, if you use more languages on your board
ameisez wrote:hi,

how can i change the color of the box where announcements are placed?

Thanks.
in the announcement_centre.html file
find

Code: Select all

<tr class="bg3">
replace with

<tr class="bg3"  style="background-color:the colour you want">
This is for prosilver.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

ameisez

Post by ameisez » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:52 pm

lefty74 wrote: in the announcement_centre.html file
find

<tr class="bg3">
replace with

<tr class="bg3"  style="background-color:the colour you want">
This is for prosilver.
I tried it in SF_Glacier Style. it didn't work. Can you help me out.

Thanks

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:24 pm

in glacier_style lite it works for me.

you mean the background of the announcement right? not something else
lefty74

ameisez

Post by ameisez » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:46 pm

lefty74 wrote:in glacier_style lite it works for me.

you mean the background of the announcement right? not something else
yes the background of the announcement. mine is glacier premium. I have cleared template cache but still the same.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:49 pm

as i dont have that and dont intend to purchase it, i would advise you to get in touch with the author of glacier premium as it works fine on the lite.
lefty74

exadeci

Post by exadeci » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:18 pm

The first time I've sent the announcement I had this error:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Duplicate entry 'announcement_enable' for key 1 [1062]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('announcement_enable', 1, 0)

BACKTRACE
But when I tried back I had the Succesfully modified
The annoucement is not displayed, but I think it's because I'm using an other theme, the Carbon theme

Someone know how to change the "announcement_smilies.html" and "announcement_centre.html" for the carbon theme ?
Or could it be the error I got before ?

Deathly Hallow

Post by Deathly Hallow » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:14 pm

I did all the edits etc, but I don't see the announcement centre at the top of my forum.. :S

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:37 pm

exadeci wrote:The first time I've sent the announcement I had this error:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Duplicate entry 'announcement_enable' for key 1 [1062]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('announcement_enable', 1, 0)

BACKTRACE
But when I tried back I had the Succesfully modified
The annoucement is not displayed, but I think it's because I'm using an other theme, the Carbon theme

Someone know how to change the "announcement_smilies.html" and "announcement_centre.html" for the carbon theme ?
Or could it be the error I got before ?
you normally get this error if you do not clear your cache after the installation.

have you already tried to upload the prosilver html files to the carbon theme? if i am not mistaken the carbon theme is based on prosilver...?
Deathly Hallow wrote:I did all the edits etc, but I don't see the announcement centre at the top of my forum.. :S
can you see the acp part? a link would be good also.
lefty74

Deathly Hallow

Post by Deathly Hallow » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:39 pm

Yeah, I see the ACP part in ACP, all the options etc. I've edit the "include" in the right file. But I don't anthing of it on my Index page, and I don;t have any error..

I put in a meesage in ACP, set the things on YES, see for everyone etc.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”