EasyMOD alpha3 v0.0.8 released

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: ...

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl 
# [...SNIP...] 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
     <td width="20%" valign="middle" align="center" class="{listrow.ROW_CLASS}"><span class="name">&<a href="{listrow.U_FROM_USER_PROFILE}" class="name">{listrow.FROM}</a></span></td> 
# 
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]---------------------------------------- 
# 
class="name">{listrow.FROM} 
# 
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------- 
# 
class="{listrow.CLASS_NAME}">{listrow.FROM} 

That's not going to work because replace with is not an in-line action.
Defend the game:
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

hu ? So what is the replace specific for the inline action ? Actually, I've seen only one replace statement. Is this particular one missing (I definitively don't like the inline :)). Anyway, this make so sense to the issue.
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

you should use this :

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl 
# [...SNIP...] 
# 
     <td width="20%" valign="middle" align="center" class="{listrow.ROW_CLASS}"><span class="name">&<a href="{listrow.U_FROM_USER_PROFILE}" class="name">{listrow.FROM}</a></span></td> 

# 
# 
<td width="20%" valign="middle" align="center" class="{listrow.ROW_CLASS}"><span class="name">&<a href="{listrow.U_FROM_USER_PROFILE}" class="{listrow.CLASS_NAME}">{listrow.FROM}</a></span></td> 

Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: hu ? So what is the replace specific for the inline action ?

Good question. I've never come across a need for one before. As morpheus has pointed out you can achieve the desired result with a complete replace of the line but i suppose there could be a case when this wouldn't be desirable.
Defend the game:
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

My conclusion is that the inline is definitively of no use : too much error while using it for insertion (main issue on every "add a field to profile" mods), and not full instruction when the confusion can't be (so with the replace). /me rip this instruction from his mod template proforma.
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote:

# [...SNIP...]
#

#
#

#
#
WRONG!
morpheus2matrix wrote: you should use this :

# [...SNIP...] 
# 

# 
# 
WRONG!

This is the way it should be....

# [...SNIP...]
#

#
#

#
#-----[ IN-LINE REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------- 
#
...I'm just not sure if IN-LINE REPLACE ever made it into the MOD Template Tutorial :oops: EM does support it though and I think Country Flags uses it ;) REPLACE is for entire line(s) and IN-LINE REPLACE is for replacing the IN-LINE FIND string.

EDIT: nope, its not CF, I think its Left-Right that uses it

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

Nuttzy99 wrote: You missed the point. The line was originally something like SELECT u.username, u.user_id, .... etc. Then a MOD changes it to u.*. Now another MOD wants to add some more vars but it can't b/c it doesn't know that a previous MOD changed it to u.* and all the descriptive landmarks about the line were wiped out.

Get it now? :P

:oops: Yes, I completely missed the point. I was looking at the SQL syntax, and not the issues for Easy Mod with successive mods... duly noted. 8)

Dave
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

@Dave: ;)

Regarding IN-LINE REPLACE WITH, I am now trying to get it "officially" approved and added to the MOD Template Tutorial. I discovered that I first implemented this command on 7/28/02 but pretty much no one knows about it :roll:

The first time suggesting it: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... lace#88927

Actually implemented: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... ace#181047

Sorry, you guys can't know about these things by magic :P Without the IN-LINE REPLACE WITH M2M's method would have been the only way to do it. But I seriously hate the straight out REPLACE command b/c it is too destructive to our coding landmarks. Using REPLACE as little as possible is definitely going to be a requirement of becoming EMC ;)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Nuttzy99 wrote: Using REPLACE as little as possible is definitely going to be a requirement of becoming EMC ;)
As long as you got better answer to preserve original code in the pgm, replace is the best way to historize modifications ;).
vpgtd_ø

problem with easymod install

Post by vpgtd_ø »

hi i have tried to install easymod a few time now and i can't get past the first part were u input the ftp address and the login name well then when I click submit it gives an error that it has no acces to admin\mods\easymod so what can i do
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: As long as you got better answer to preserve original code in the pgm, replace is the best way to historize modifications ;).
I think trying to keep a history is a good thing. But again, getting MODs installed is the top priority. Hopefully there is a way to accomodate both.

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

FIND works kind of funky now with regards to whitespace lines (line with no text other than carriage return, spaces, or tabs). It is now completely whitespace line independent. So FINDing

line1
line2
line3
line4
... is the same as FINDing

line1

line2

line3

line4

...but AFTER, BEFORE, and REPLACE all write whatever blank lines exactly like you want ;)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Nuttzy99 wrote: (../..)Hopefully there is a way to accomodate both.(../..)
So I think :).

Blank line cut : there may be issues with not checking the blank lines, but I don't remember anywhere in the phpBB vanilia pgm a spot where it would be, so I think it's ok. Anyway, I assume if number of blank lines is a way to distinct two places in the same prog, it should be too confusing for an user to install it manually without a high risk of error, so let's just say is something to avoid, and it will be a good thing that EM check this issue with finding duplicate searched entries.

So now, what's about performing a each FIND (not INLINE-FIND) on whole file as if it was a separate mod ? :)
vpgtd_ø

what do i do now

Post by vpgtd_ø »

read access :: OK
write access :: failed
chmod access :: unattempted
unlink access :: unattempted
root path write :: failed
tmp path write :: OK
FTP extension :: OK
copy access :: failed

that is on the main screen and the screen that makes a backup of all file gave me errors and it never finished the 4 and final step. so i don't kno what i have to do to use this to install emc mods but i will leave my aim screen name and email so any1 that can help me can contact me

aim sn:rawtsupport

email:[email protected]
god49

Post by god49 »

Nuttzy99 wrote:
god49 wrote:let me know if ya need a beta test on a localhost machine
If your definition of "localhost" is the same as mine, then yes it wil run on "localhost". You install it on the same machine that is running phpBB and then EM becomes a part of phpBB. If you are referring to your webserver as "localhost" then yes, it will run on localhost. In fact all the FTP methods use "localhost" as the server to connect to. The bottom line is that once all the kinks are worked out, the program should work for all phpBB configurations without modifiying the server's security.

no my computer is a localhost offline

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”