[Dev]Wf Mac Pro 0.1.0 [Updated]

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Ideas Centre
Dark Frost

[Dev]Wf Mac Pro 0.1.0 [Updated]

Post by Dark Frost »

Style Name: WF Mac Pro
Style Author: Frost
Style Version: 0.1.0

Style Status: Development
Style Colors: Variety / Mac Tiger
Style Base: prosilver
Style Type: OS/Mac

Style Description: A prosilver version of WF Mac

Style Screenshots:
N/A Yet

Live Demo: http://www.white-fusion.com/phpbb/index.php?style=12
Style Download: [Dev]
Style Support: N/A Yet

About 30 or so people asked me about a prosilver version of WF Mac style so I wanted to post this here because I don't remember who all they were. Just to let you guys know I didn't forget and I'm working on it right now.

IE limitations have been removed. I completely recoded the entire style and it should support every browser now. Let me know if anyone spots anything I need to fix.

I would rather not even worry about IE6 as IE7 has been out a while and IE8 is about to come out, but according to the styles database, a rule is it has to work with IE6 to. /me thinks that should be changed to IE7. (If anyone still uses IE6 that is involved in owning a website and using something like phpbb, they should know better than to not update...)

Anyway, ideas and criticism welcome as always.

To-Do List:
* Add "fisheye" menu
* Collapsible categories
* Completely new matching imageset, ranks, avs.. all that noise...
* And whatever else is on my todo list at home that I can't see right now...

Enjoy
Last edited by Dark Frost on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Daniel Exe

Re: [Dev]Wf Mac Pro 0.0.1

Post by Daniel Exe »

Great stuff - looking good so far. :)
My phpBB3 styles: 610nm, Cerulean, CoDFaction, DarkFantasy, GuildWarsAlliance, twilightBB
http://www.gamexe.net

ChaosBurnt

Post by ChaosBurnt »

As awesome as ever buddy.
I totally agree about IE6, why should we have to keep accommodating people who refuse to update :evil:

Nice bit with the graphics in the forabg, how did you code that Frost?
For everyone's information, the templates I provided are back under the copyright property of the original designer, EidolonHades.

Daniel Exe

Post by Daniel Exe »

ChaosBurnt wrote: totally agree about IE6, why should we have to keep accommodating people who refuse to update :evil:
We need to keep supporting IE6 for the moment as over a quarter of the market is still dominated by that evil little browser. If designers simply gave up on IE6, then surely they'd completely ignore testing browsers such as Opera and Safari as they don't even make up 5% of the market. Sure, you could point out that Opera and Safari are much more standards compliant, which is true, but they still have their flaws.

@Dark Frost: Anyway, curious - I had read somewhere on your site that you sell phpBB styles, although I was wondering if you planned on eventually charging for this one, or if you were indeed making it a free public download?
My phpBB3 styles: 610nm, Cerulean, CoDFaction, DarkFantasy, GuildWarsAlliance, twilightBB
http://www.gamexe.net

John T. Folden

Post by John T. Folden »

This is apparently disabled for Safari, as well? I see nothing on the demo site. Which is unintentionally funny given the name of the theme. ;)

As far as IE6 goes, a measurable amount are using it at my forum (13.4%). Not a huge number but about the same as people using all versions of FireFox put together (16.2%).
The Blue Whale Pub - SPN/SF/F TV Discussion Forum
ZOMBIE ALERT: The Walking Dead are coming to AMC!

Dark Frost

Post by Dark Frost »

@ Daniel Exe

Nope, it will be completely free. The reason I made it is I had over 300 people or so ask for a mac version when I released BF Vista a year ago. Enjoy :D

@ IE

Well I was looking at vanilla phpbb/prosilver at home and noticed that there is a lot of things that do not work correctly in IE6. My version is 6.0.x xpsp SP2. In the ACP the font is horribly small and unreadable, half of the mouseover images do not work. li.row backgrounds do not highlight etc...

At the time of this I thought, "Thank God! phpBB is finally phasing out IE6 and under!". But I do not think it was intentional.I noticed some code changes but nothing that would suggest recent updates to prosilver would have caused it, and I don't have a basis for comparison as I have never looked at prosilver with IE6 before...

Anyway, I have all but reached the end of my tether about IE6. Many of my designer friends and a few design companies I've seen are announcing they are also phasing out IE6 so I will be too before too long.

In all honesty, I really feel no guilt or pity because the ones who still use IE6 and under are offered a free upgrade that is done without any effort from them. It is not anyone's fault but their own that they may not be able to see a website as it should be.

---------------------------------------------------

@ Everyone else

I've trashed the previous version and rewritten the entire skin to work with every browser. ( I think, tell me if otherwise as I do not have every browser on the market yet until I get internet)

I am almost done with the style now, a few more html inserts to match forumlist and finish the images and I am done.

If you will report bugs you find I can get it done faster.

Updated demo in the first post. Enjoy.

P.S. Yes IE users, you can look now :ugeek:

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”