NV Exif Data

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

NV Exif Data

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: NV Exif Data
Author: nickvergessen
Modification description: Shows the Exif-Data on images, which were uploaded as attachments.
Modification version: 1.2.1.1
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.8

Download file: NV_exif_data_1_2_1_1.zip
File size: 92.63 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 22 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

NV Exif Data

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
Do not install this MOD unless you have PHP's EXIF extension installed on your server. You can find out whether you have this in the system tab of your Administration Control Panel.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

NV Exif Data

Post by nickvergessen »

MOD-Title: NV Exif Data
MOD-Version: 1.2.0
MOD-Description
  • Shows the Exif-Data on images, which were uploaded as attachments.
MOD-Download: phpBB-Version: phpBB 3.0.4
phpBB-Languages: de, en
phpBB-Styles: prosilver, subsilver2
MOD-Demo:
Last edited by nickvergessen on Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
No Support via PM
mikiwe

Re: NV Exif Data

Post by mikiwe »

thanks a lot for this Mod!
It's working great on my Board!

I've been lookin for a Mod like this for a while,
so i really appreciate you're work!

Sincerely,
Michael
Wookie1664

Post by Wookie1664 »

Works well, I've been waiting for this. No bugs found so far and a very simple, quick install.

Well done !

Wookie
Dr.Death

Post by Dr.Death »

Works fine !
Doc.
tommekemc

Post by tommekemc »

nice mod, nothing for my forum, but I like your mods!
my sig
my projects

images deleted because of the 6kb (wtf?) rule...
Wookie1664

Post by Wookie1664 »

nickvergessen,

I would recommend one small change.

In exif_data.php

Find

Code: Select all

'EXIF_FOCAL'				=> 'Focus',
Replace with

'EXIF_FOCAL'				=> 'Focal Length',
This is because focus is something entirely different than the focal length (in mm) that the photo was shot at.

Regards

Wookie
GoBieN

Post by GoBieN »

This is a very easy mod, and yet i can't seem to get it to work. :s

board: 3.0.2
mods: phpbb-seo, GYM rss/sitemaps, NV Gallery, stargate portal, phoogle map, disclaimer, integrated error, quick reply.

I followed the instructions, cleard template cache and general cache.
I changed the 2 suggestions from here in this topic (time and focal length).
But i see nothing when posting a topic with photo attachment.

This is what my admin CP says in php Info:
./configure' '--build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--disable-debug' '--enable-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-bz2' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gd=shared' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-ncurses=shared' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-dom=shared,/usr' '--with-dom-xslt=/usr' '--with-dom-exslt=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-pear=/usr/share/pear' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--enable-mbstring=shared' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mime-magic=/usr/share/file/magic.mime' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs'
exif
EXIF Support enabled
EXIF Version 1.4 $Id: exif.c,v 1.118.2.35 2005/03/05 18:30:47 rasmus Exp $
Supported EXIF Version 0220
Supported filetypes JPEG,TIFF
Test link here:
http://www.camino-tuning.be/opmerkingen ... 23687.html

Please advise ?
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

your uploaded images seem to have no exif-data so it is not displayed.
you may try this file for example:
http://files.flying-bits.org/desktop_08_06_21.jpg
No Support via PM
GoBieN

Post by GoBieN »

I downloaded the attachment from the test topic to my desktop and opend it with an image viewer.
Here is a screenshot of the EXIF data.
http://www.gobien.be/root/php/exif-foto-from-site.png

So i would disagree about the image not having EXIF info on it.
Last edited by GoBieN on Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

You cleared your cache and refreshed your Template in the ACP?
No Support via PM
GoBieN

Post by GoBieN »

I followed the instructions, cleared template cache and general cache.
Did it again just to be sure, still nothing.

Any more ideas ?
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

you may just add an

echo 'something';
right in the code of the php-part of the MOD, to see whether it's a template or php problem
No Support via PM
Wookie1664

Post by Wookie1664 »

Found a small bug, when a .png file was attached to a post I got the following error

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 927: exif_read_data(58_3edd3e8ef5ee9a500b2dc2b4da4682db) [function.exif-read-data]: File not supported
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3596: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3002)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3598: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3002)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3599: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3002)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3600: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3002)
Then this when a .gif was attached to a post.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 927: exif_read_data(2_29e538faefdc3b51960903bdb81991a5) [function.exif-read-data]: File not supported
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3596: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3002)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3598: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3002)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3599: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3002)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3600: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3002)
If it helps, line 926-931 of functions_content.php

$download_link .= '&mode=view';
					$exif = exif_read_data($filename, 0, true);
					if (!empty($exif["EXIF"]))
					{
Wookie

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”