Ikonboard 3.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
vHiker

Re: Ikonboard 3.x Converter

Post by vHiker »

Can that be edited to allow for longer user names without causing adverse effects? I'm wondering if that's the limit phpBB allows which is why you set that limit in your converter.
Yes, that is a phpBB limit. You can mod the converter and phpbb it if you want but you may introduce more headaches than you solve longer term.
t would be nice to have the option to not convert any of the links without having to click No for each individual link, like a "No to all" option, just as there is a "Yes to all" option.
You can modify the converter to do what you want. Unfortunately vbscript only allows 3 choices when popping up the dialog (yes, no, cancel) so it was more logical to make cancel (the third choice) equate to "Yes to all" instead of "No to all"
What does this mean exactly? Did I lose posts?
It means those topics don't exist in your backup. Don't worry, it's not uncommon. Ikonboard is really buggy so it's not surprising the database has garbage in it. The converter is just warning you in case the backup didn't complete. If you want, you can look up those topics and see if they actually exist on your board. I doubt they do.
keelhauler

Post by keelhauler »

I have Ikonboard 3.1.5 , I backed up the mysql database to 6 tar files, with 500 topics each,
File names: EXPORT-1194631588-NUM500.tar ;EXPORT-1194631588-NUM1000.tar etc.

I downloaded your converter.zip file and unzipped into the same directory that I downloaded the 6 tar files.

I changed and checked the things in the readme.txt and saved into same directory, as readme.vbs

Now when I try to run program reame.vbs the first error message I get is:
"members_profiles.txt not found."

Then an error which reads " line 139, chr 222 " in readme.vbs

No files are created in my directory.

What am I doing wrong? :o

John
John Kobak
Keel-Haulers Canoe Club
vHiker

Post by vHiker »

the first error message I get is:
"members_profiles.txt not found."
Sounds like you don't have a complete backup.
steveaus

Post by steveaus »

I get this error from the login.php file which I just changed to match exactly (as far as I can tell) the directions in the readme.txt.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/bb/login.php on line 92

Any ideas what's gone wrong?
steveaus

Post by steveaus »

My error was in the code you add to allow the transfer of passwords. There is a ' in the code, which I took to be one of the things I was supposed to remove. I put it back and it all works like a charm.....
Golf Girl

Post by Golf Girl »

I'm having trouble using this converter to convert from Ikonboard 3.1.3 to phpBB 3.0.0. I assumed that it would work for the latest version of phpBB, can someone please confirm whether this is the case?

Thanks.
vHiker

Post by vHiker »

Sorry only works with phpBB 2.x. You could convert to 2.x then 2.x to 3.x.
Golf Girl

Post by Golf Girl »

vHiker wrote:Sorry only works with phpBB 2.x. You could convert to 2.x then 2.x to 3.x.
OK will do that. Thanks! :)
nixusr

Post by nixusr »

Like to say that this converter script worked like a charm with the exception that you can only convert Ikonboard to phpBB 2.x not 3.x. However you can just convert the phpBB 2.x up to 3.x and be happy.

This script is awesome!
rickt500

Post by rickt500 »

Thanks for the convertor worked perfectly for me on a good sized Ikonboard (26000 posts+)

However I've now got a problem upgrading to PHPBB3, I converted to phpbb2 and got it running, then immediately upgraded to phpbb3, which is great but all the passwords are still ikonboard format, (except the admin one), is there a piece of code to add to phpbb3 like I had to do with login.php on phpbb2 ?

Thanks
vHiker

Post by vHiker »

Good point. Yes, you would need to make a similar adjustment in 3.x to convert passwords. I'm not familiar with the 3.x code but I'll take a peek and see if I can figure what mods are necessary.
Last edited by vHiker on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vHiker

Post by vHiker »

Try this code in 3.x and let me know if it works:

Edit: includes/auth.php

*** Before the following line ****
$method = trim(basename($config['auth_method']));

*** Insert the following code ***

Code: Select all

$sql = 'SELECT user_id, username, user_password FROM ' . USERS_TABLE . " WHERE username = '" . $username . "'";
$result = $db->sql_query($sql);
$row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
if ($row) if ( (crypt($password, substr($row['user_password'], 0, 2)) == $row['user_password']) || (md5($password . strtolower($row['username'])) == $row['user_password']) || ($row['user_password'] == 'Reset2WhateverTheyFirstLoginWith') )
{
	$row['user_password'] = md5($password);
	$sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . " SET user_password = '" . $row['user_password'] . "' WHERE user_id = " . $row['user_id'];
	$result = $db->sql_query($sql);
}

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”