change ACP language

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
avillabon

change ACP language

Post by avillabon »

how can i change the ACP language without changing the site's default language? The reason i need to do this is because my forum and all of its contents is in spanish but since im the administrator i'd like to have the ACP in english so i can find things easier when im looking for help.

Can this be done?

Alex

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: change ACP language

Post by stevemaury »

What is the language in the Profile of your admin user? If it is English, the ACP should be in English, I think.

Another thought is to replace the Spanish language pack's acp folder with the English one. I haven't tried that but I think it would work.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

avillabon

Post by avillabon »

im not sure changing files is the best idea since i want my forum to be in spanish for all other users... but to answer your other question the lang in my profile is set to spanish, if i change that to english then the ACP and the Forum switch to spanish, any chance i can have ACP in english and still be able to use the forum with my account in spanish?

Alex

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

stevemaury wrote: Another thought is to replace the Spanish language pack's acp folder with the English one. I haven't tried that but I think it would work.
Are there other users using the ACP that want it in Spanish? If not, I think the above will work. It only affects the language in the ACP, I believe. But try it.

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

P0yraz

Post by P0yraz »

I have the same problem I want my ACP to be English but my site and forum be in Turkish is it worked avillabon?

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Replace the Turkish language pack's acp folder with the English one.

P0yraz

Post by P0yraz »

stevemaury wrote:Replace the Turkish language pack's acp folder with the English one.
I just changed my language preference from British English to Turkish in UCP and it changed also ACP's language and now in default it comes up in Turkish to everyone Registered or Guests and English just for me

Thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”