[ABD] Profile comments/ Feedback/ Karma (1.6.6)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
janmyszkier

Re: [RC3]Profile comments/ Feedback/ Karma (1.6.2)

Post by janmyszkier »

i'm still here, i can't find a way to pass them through. that's why i'm not replying to this topic :/ tough case...
kevinroxx

Post by kevinroxx »

janmyszkier wrote:i'm still here, i can't find a way to pass them through. that's why i'm not replying to this topic :/ tough case...
How does phpbb allow these kind of characters?
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

Isn't it UTF-8? Perhaps specifying the character encoding in the database edits? I'm too lazy to look right now... :(
Muggins
janmyszkier

Post by janmyszkier »

Yup, thats it:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_comments` CHANGE `comment_text` `comment_text` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NULL DEFAULT NULL  
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_comments` CHANGE `comment_author` `comment_author` VARCHAR( 25 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NULL DEFAULT NULL  
this should allow you to store special characters. (this code is ONLY for those who already has 1.6.2 installed, 1.6.2 package has been updated and already contains good sql schema)
kevinroxx

Post by kevinroxx »

janmyszkier wrote:Yup, thats it:

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_comments` CHANGE `comment_text` `comment_text` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NULL DEFAULT NULL  
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_comments` CHANGE `comment_author` `comment_author` VARCHAR( 25 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NULL DEFAULT NULL  
this should allow you to store special characters. (this code is ONLY for those who already has 1.6.2 installed, 1.6.2 package has been updated and already contains good sql schema)
Great to hear.

Any idea about pagination though, doesn't seem to work for me.
kevinroxx

Post by kevinroxx »

This is the error I receive while running the SQL in the installation file:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NULL DEFAULT NULL,
  comment_text TEXT' at line 6 

janmyszkier

Post by janmyszkier »

ah crap, mysqli issue? hm will check this out, however, when you go to phpmyadmin, see your phpbb_comments and select to view structure just select proper fields and change their character encoding to utf8_bin.

as for paging, just fixed; those who ave problems with pagination, please redownload the 1.6.2 package and just overwrite styles and profile_comments.php files (also remember to recache).

kevinroxx the installation file query was indeed wrong, fixed now. thank you.
kevinroxx

Post by kevinroxx »

Jan everything seems to be working okay now. One suggestion goes towards the images in view all comments for the next, previous, last, first, ect images. I receive a broken image when there is no comments at all to view.

Would it be possible to make an 'if' statement or something somewhere for example - If there are no comments than do not display next, previous, ect images. But if there are comments than show the images.

Thanks,
Kevin
InternetMafia

Post by InternetMafia »

Any way to extract just the profile comments section of this mod?

I have user rep so I am not interested in Karma

And what does feedback too exactly?
Dangerous But Worth The Risk
kevinroxx

Post by kevinroxx »

InternetMafia wrote:Any way to extract just the profile comments section of this mod?

I have user rep so I am not interested in Karma

And what does feedback too exactly?
Not quite understanding what you mean InternetMafia. What part do you only want seen?
Can you post a screen shot highlighting what you want seen or give us an example.
I'm thinking that you should be able to extract only the profile comments section of the mod just by editing the html pages. If you could just clarify what you want displayed it may help us understand a little better.
InternetMafia

Post by InternetMafia »

Now take a look at this picture here.
http://maxedgaming.com/Images/profile/before.jpg

I am looking for something like this. I dont need an xfire box or a mood box and I dont really want all those extra banners. But I AM very interested in how to install profile comments that would look something like this and perhaps have a YouTube video on there somewhere.

I know it would take some modding and skills I dont have, but I am wondering if it is possible to just install the profile comments so they would look similar to this. I dont really need Karma and not really sure what feedback is.
kevinroxx

Post by kevinroxx »

InternetMafia wrote:Now take a look at this picture here.

I am looking for something like this. I dont need an xfire box or a mood box and I dont really want all those extra banners. But I AM very interested in how to install profile comments that would look something like this and perhaps have a YouTube video on there somewhere.

I know it would take some modding and skills I dont have, but I am wondering if it is possible to just install the profile comments so they would look similar to this. I dont really need Karma and not really sure what feedback is.
It is possible to do what you want. You would have to edit the following html files:
memberlist_view.html
profile_comments.html
profile_comments_viewall.html

In memberlist_view.html change the place where you would like the comments to be displayed. Than in profile_comments.html and profile_comments_viewall.html delete the content that you do not want to be dispalyed (ie. the rating images, and karma.). Than decide on how big you would like everything.
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

My sense of humor would just love to take the floor... :lol:
Muggins
InternetMafia

Post by InternetMafia »

kevinroxx wrote:
InternetMafia wrote:Now take a look at this picture here.

It is possible to do what you want. You would have to edit the following html files:
memberlist_view.html
profile_comments.html
profile_comments_viewall.html

In memberlist_view.html change the place where you would like the comments to be displayed. Than in profile_comments.html and profile_comments_viewall.html delete the content that you do not want to be dispalyed (ie. the rating images, and karma.). Than decide on how big you would like everything.
Ok. Thanks man. i will look into this.
InternetMafia

Post by InternetMafia »

muggins wrote:My sense of humor would just love to take the floor... :lol:

?????/

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”