Categories Hierarchy

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
72%
Very Good
13%
Good
5%
Fair
1%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 78

SolidFX

Re: Categories Hierarchy

Post by SolidFX »

Thanks, good mod.

Is there anyway to get the new Admin Panel interface by itself though?
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

Hi there, Ptirhiik... Nice one...
I had never tested CH before and last night i thought about testing it.
I have a live phpbb2.0.22 forum and a carbon copy of it on my localhost. So I cloned the db and files, changed the config to connect to the cloned db, ensured it was working OK, then replaced all files with the ones in the installed pack.
Pointed to index, followed the steps and voila, no problems at all, everything working just fine.. No errors, no nothing...charming :D
The only thing that is not OK is the encoding. My forum is Greek and now all forums with Greek names and all posts which have greek inside appear hieroglyphics..
The cloned database encoding is latin1_swedish_ci (it was like this from the initial installation ) but greek appear OK there. Another installation/upgrade to phpbb3 of that forum displays greek correctly.
Are there any things I should change?
Thanks...

P.S. : I got really impressed by CH... :D
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Hi, ChriZathens,

This usually reflects that the original database encoding is not the same that the destination database, sometimes due to phpmyadmin version difference. So ensure your both database has the exact same definition (encoding, server/client encoding, table encoding, text field encoding), and the backup is exported using utf-8 for the *.sql. Pay a particular attention to your forums table and post_texts table: they may have a different encoding than the other tables, even at field level. If all is ok but still display weird things, ensure the page encoding (browser, right-click, view source, at top) is the same on both forums : if no, check your lang_main.php's for the entry key: $lang['ENCODING'] (don't forget to regen the lang cache in config+/caches if you change it).
Oliver2000

I want to hire somebody?

Post by Oliver2000 »

Hi there,

I would really like to use this Mod but unfortunatly i have a really heavy moded forum since years. It is the latest 2.0.23 version but i have lots of mods which might make trouble with this Mod. I see already the my old Calendar Mod, Advanced User Color Mod etc. wont work. together with the oficial mods comes a whole bunch private changes and customizing. The result, i am not be able to just install this mod.

In the matter of fact i ONLY want sub-forums?

This leaves me with a couple of questions...
1. Is there any way to ONLY install the sub forums part?
2. Is there somebody expirienced with this to install this mod on my fourm? (paid for this work)

My Forum is quit big with around 1000-2000 users nonstop online (around 300 logged in) and around 1.5 millions posts. I cant afford to be offline but have a developer server for testing avalible as long as there are no db changes needed?

Thanks for any help or comment,

Oliver
PS: Great Mod anyway, just like all mods from Ptirhiik ! Unfortunatly i cant use without some pro help. :(
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

Ptirhiik wrote:Hi, ChriZathens,

This usually reflects that the original database encoding is not the same that the destination database, sometimes due to phpmyadmin version difference. So ensure your both database has the exact same definition (encoding, server/client encoding, table encoding, text field encoding), and the backup is exported using utf-8 for the *.sql. Pay a particular attention to your forums table and post_texts table: they may have a different encoding than the other tables, even at field level. If all is ok but still display weird things, ensure the page encoding (browser, right-click, view source, at top) is the same on both forums : if no, check your lang_main.php's for the entry key: $lang['ENCODING'] (don't forget to regen the lang cache in config+/caches if you change it).
I made it...
I noticed that utf8 won't work, but changing the page's encoding to iso-8859-7 showed everythink OK...
So I changed the encoding in lang_main.php and now everything is just fine!
Thanks a lot Ptirhiik !
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
HB.

Post by HB. »

Does anyone know what happened to Ptirhiik? It appears that his support forum hasn't been loading for the past few days...
MartinSCC

Post by MartinSCC »

I'm wondering that too. And does anyone know if a converter has been released yet? Thanks.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

HB. wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Ptirhiik?
He's still around
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
HB.

Post by HB. »

Thank you :)
ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

The server had a problem with Apache, but for anyone in the know, it's been up for the past few days.

Also, I'd like to note that in Pierre's (Ptirhiik) FAQ area on the first page, Cr@ter$ site is no longer accessible. I'm pretty sure it's well-known now. I've lost all contact I've had with him, so I no longer know what's going on.

Anyway... CH 2.1.8 is soon around the corner, so I'm hoping for some impressive changes soon to come.
No longer supporting phpBB. PM or email me regarding support and you will be ignored. I'm fully done with phpBB and everything.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”