Mod Request - Product Review System

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Ideas Centre
kevinroxx

Mod Request - Product Review System

Post by kevinroxx »

I would like to request for someone to create a product review system. Here are some suggestions for the mod:
Review System
1) Picture, estimated product value, where to purchase link, and short product description for each new product added
2) Products are placed into categories
3) Review system has its own search (ie. Can search for products)
4) Users are limited to 1 review per product. Users can rate a product on a scale from 1-10. Username, time, date, and of course the review itself are all recorded and displayed into the review. Also, each user may upload one image if they choose to. Mutiple images for a product can be seen by switching through next/prev image.
5) All text fields are bbcode enabled.
6) Report a review to admin option
7) Pagination for products and reviews
8) All reviews are sent to admin for approval. Those approved are displayed in the review area. If an admin turns down a review he will have the choice (yes/no) to send an email or pm to the user asking him to correct what ever is needed in the review.
9) All user reviews are displayed in ucp(can be edited from there). User will be able to see his/her approved or pending reviews.

Admin Area
- Add/Remove Categories
- Add/Remove Products for review
- Set who can edit/delete reviews
- Option: Allow users to edit own reviews Yes/No
- Option: Approve reviews Yes/No (If yes, #8 applies)
- Set min/max characters per review
- Set which group can create a review
- Set which group can create a product for review
- Set how many reviews per page
- Set how many products to show in categories per page

Perhaps this can explain a bit more about the mod. The purpose of the mod is to allow users to write their own reviews on products. Basically the admin will define the categories and products for review and the user is responsible for actually writing the review on the product.

This would be a basic example of the layout for a product:

{Product Name}
------------------------
------------------------
-----PICTURE OF-----
-------PRODUCT------
------------------------
------------------------
------------------------
--{NEXT}----{PREV}--
{Suggested Retail Value}
{Where to buy - link (or image banner if possible)}
{Product Discription}

||||||||
vvvvvvvv
That was the product information. It is displayed at the top of the page no matter what. Next comes all the reviews. Reviews all look the same except the content and what each user has to say about a product is different. Here is an example of a review

{USERNAME}------------------------------------------------------{DATE / TIME}
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------------------------------{REVIEW}--------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
----------------------------------------------------------------------{RATING}

Let me know if you would be interested in giving this mod a shot. I will be able to help out in finding bugs and testing. Unfortunately I will not be able to contribute too much to the coding aspect of it as I am not a coder. I will help out in any other way possible. This mod can be a great addition for sites with buy/sell/trade forums as well as sites who offer advice on any kind of products.

Thanks,
Kevin

Edited: I know there was a review system suppose to be created. The first one was abandonned and the second one has been on hold for quite some time now so I don't know what will ever become of it.
kevinroxx

Re: Mod Request - Product Review System

Post by kevinroxx »

:D
cat5man4u

Post by cat5man4u »

hey, I would be interested in trying it out on my boards! I was looking for a mod like this!
kevinroxx

Post by kevinroxx »

:D Anyone else interested in this mod? Better yet, anyone willing to take over the development of this mod? ;)

Thanks,
Kevin
kevinroxx

Post by kevinroxx »

bump ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”