RedBar³

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Re: RedBar³

Post by stickerboy »

Remove the reference to the background image, then refresh again.
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

BullTaco

Post by BullTaco »

Installed mod...everything looks great in ACP etc...I added a link etc...

I cannot see the "redbar" anywhere on my forum...I am sure it is a style edit or something...and I am a total newb when it comes to editing styles etc....I have prosilver and my default template on my forum so I do all my testing with prosilver but it is not showing up there either....

This may be the worng place to ask....but I did install this mod....how do you "read" the template / style/ css edits etc....

I try to open the modx......and the .xml files and they make no sense to me....sorry for being a newb...

Thanks you in advance for all you help....looks to be a great mod...if I can get it to show up!! LOL

stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

You open the MODx file using your web-broswer and it shows the instructions on how to install it.
In the main install MODsx file, there is a link to the prosilver MODx - make sure you follow the instruction in there and then purge your cache (there is a button on the main page of the ACP for this) :)

monkeymaker

Post by monkeymaker »

cherokee red wrote:Remove the reference to the background image, then refresh again.
Solved, thank you.

One last thing... the text links show in boldface type. How do I remove the bold?
Thanks to everyone who has helped me thus far, and to all those who will in the future because I know I'll need it! :D

To see how my forum has progressed, check it out: http://www.BrentwoodConnect.com.

MuleMarine

Post by MuleMarine »

Now getting this error:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'MuleMar_DHForum.REDBAR_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM REDBAR_TABLE ORDER BY redbar_id

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions.php
LINE: 3284
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: index.php
LINE: 126
CALL: page_header()
I have run the sql querry and installed the table. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall with no relief.

MuleMarine

Post by MuleMarine »

OK, after like the jillionth time I finally got it. Now I'm trying to dump my cache to get it to show up on my "modules", but at least I've gotten this far finally....lol

stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

monkeymaker wrote:One last thing... the text links show in boldface type. How do I remove the bold?
In common.css, find the following code:

Code: Select all

#red-bar {
	font-weight: bold;
	font-size: 1.1em;
}
Remove the font-weight ;)
Glad you got the rest of it sorted :)

pikachuturkey
Name: Rıza

Post by pikachuturkey »

how can i change the places of the links. there is not any down or up buton at acp
Health For Everyone ==> www.saglikforum.org

stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

I looked, briefly, into doing that b ut it was too much hassle - more than it was worth.
For now, you'll need to add them in the order you want them to appear. If someone wishes to have a go at doing this themselves, they are more than welcome ;)

monkeymaker

Post by monkeymaker »

cherokee red wrote:
monkeymaker wrote:One last thing... the text links show in boldface type. How do I remove the bold?
In common.css, find the following code:

Code: Select all

#red-bar {
	font-weight: bold;
	font-size: 1.1em;
}
Remove the font-weight ;)
Glad you got the rest of it sorted :)
Excellent, thanx. 8-)
Thanks to everyone who has helped me thus far, and to all those who will in the future because I know I'll need it! :D

To see how my forum has progressed, check it out: http://www.BrentwoodConnect.com.

Lucian_rider

Post by Lucian_rider »

Hi,

I really like this Mod and it works perfectly except for one thing.
Since installing the mod, the last poster name wraps around to beneath the topic header. Whats strange is that this only happens in Firefox, 2 or version 3. In IE 7 and Safari its fine.

The problem is definitely in the common.css as I can recover the normal page view but once I install either sets of code in the file it wraps the last poster. I have ACP_Announcement center installed so it might be a conflict with that.

I have attached a section of the screen in question to show what is the problem.

If anyone could help me get around this inconvenience, I would be eternally grateful.

If you are running Firefox, you can see for yourself here: www.lucianriders.com/forum
Attachments
Wrapped Last poster.jpg
Wrapped Last poster.jpg (45.59 KiB) Viewed 226 times

stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

I've uploaded the 1st BETA of v1.0.2 - you can check it out here: http://www.sixstringmods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5 The bug fixes are noted in the install file and I have included the localised links MOD in the contrib folder :) If there are any more bugs foud, please report thm to the new bug tracker

Lucian_rider - I had a look at your forum and played around a bit with firebug, but I can't see what would be causing the issue. My MOD doesn't edit or include any code that would add paddling like that to your forum.
Strange how it's only in certain browsers. What happens if you remove the CSS and HTML code the my MOD adds, does that make any difference?

sorro

Post by sorro »

Hi there,

my problem is that all links appear that I entered in ACP but the RedBar itself is missing. The links have no bar around it. But I can't find a mistake in color.css or common.css that have to be changed for prosilver (that I use). Do you want to see the two files to check it?

Bye!
Sorro
Last edited by sorro on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drankur

Post by drankur »

cherokee red wrote:I've uploaded the 1st BETA of v1.0.2 - you can check it out here: http://www.sixstringmods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5 The bug fixes are noted in the install file and I have included the localised links MOD in the contrib folder :) If there are any more bugs foud, please report thm to the new bug tracker

Lucian_rider - I had a look at your forum and played around a bit with firebug, but I can't see what would be causing the issue. My MOD doesn't edit or include any code that would add paddling like that to your forum.
Strange how it's only in certain browsers. What happens if you remove the CSS and HTML code the my MOD adds, does that make any difference?

u haven't provide how to update from the previous version

Lucian_rider

Post by Lucian_rider »

cherokee red wrote:Lucian_rider - I had a look at your forum and played around a bit with firebug, but I can't see what would be causing the issue. My MOD doesn't edit or include any code that would add paddling like that to your forum.
Thanks for checking it out for me. If I remove the your code the page returns to normal. In common.css it doesn't matter which of the two sets of code I insert, as soon as I insert any one and save the file the name wraps.

I also just updated all of the files and inserts to your beta version but still no luck, it still wraps???

By the way your prosilver.xml file in the beta version does not work properly.

Would sending you some of the affected files (or give you ftp access) help in trying to figure this out? Sorry to take up your time.

Best regards,

UPDATE!!

Well I managed to fix the problem which apparently was being caused by me using Microsoft Expressions as the editor. I have not had any problem using expression with any other mods so I was lulled into a false sense of security! Anyway I edited the common.css file using Edit pad pro and it worked perfectly....I guess it makes sense now why Microsoft IE was not affected LOL. Sorry for all the trouble...

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”