[ABD] Advanced BBcode box 3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
leviatan21
Name: Gabriel

Re: [DEV] Advanced BBcode box 3

Post by leviatan21 »

jorgefms wrote:New error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare humanize_size() (previously declared in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\includes\functions_content.php:489) in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\includes\abbcode.php on line 885

:(
Same as before :

Code: Select all

#
#----[ OPEN ]----
#
root/includes/abbcode.php
#
#----[ FIND ]----
#
	function humanize_size ($size, $rounder = 0)
#
#----[ REPLACE WITH ]----
#
	function humanize_size_abbc3 ($size, $rounder = 0)
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak Spanish. | Image phpBB en Español
jorgefms

Post by jorgefms »

Yes I do that! :D
And to the other problem:
The problem is in the language file called in the install_abbc3.php file not in abbcode.php, It happens one time before in pt language is a bug from the translators.
Open your root/language/en/install.php ( replace the en with your language )
find :
'STEP_PERCENT_COMPLETED' => 'Passo <b>%d</b> de <b>%d</b>: %d%% completado',
Replace with :
'STEP_PERCENT_COMPLETED' => 'Passo <b>%d</b> de <b>%d</b>',
Search is our friend! :mrgreen:
jorgefms

Post by jorgefms »

New error :(

Erro Geral
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xE7\xF5es d...' for column 'log_data' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_log (user_id, log_ip, log_time, log_operation, log_data, log_type) VALUES ('2', '127.0.0.1', 1219778509, 'LOG_MODULE_ENABLE', 'a:1:{i:0;s:22:\"Configura��es da ABBC3\";}', 0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions.php
LINE: 2710
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_modules.php
LINE: 141
CALL: add_log()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_modules->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 75
CALL: p_master->load_active()
When I'm doing this:
C.6) in "add module" select "ABBC3 settings" and click on "add module", them click on "yes"
leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 »

jorgefms wrote:New error :(

Erro Geral
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_log (user_id, log_ip, log_time, log_operation, log_data, log_type) VALUES ('2', '127.0.0.1', 1219778509, 'LOG_MODULE_ENABLE', 'a:1:{i:0;s:22:\"Configura��es da ABBC3\";}', 0)

BACKTRACE

LINE: 141

When I'm doing this:
C.6) in "add module" select "ABBC3 settings" and click on "add module", them click on "yes"
Translate error in this "Configura��es da ABBC3" in file : root/language/XX/acp/common.php
jorgefms

Post by jorgefms »

It's well translated...but now I translate ''wron'' like the rest of the file Configurações and the error is the same:

Erro Geral
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_log (user_id, log_ip, log_time, log_operation, log_data, log_type) VALUES ('2', '127.0.0.1', 1219780987, 'LOG_MODULE_EDIT', 'a:1:{i:0;s:22:\"Configura��es da ABBC3\";}', 0)

BACKTRACE

LINE: 844

LINE: 293
CALL: acp_modules->update_module_data()

:( :(

I have to change all configurações to Configurações....
The correcto word is configurações...bahhhhhh

Now works...

But there is a small bug in the window...but I will fix it.
Now I go home and I don't have internet in my home :(
leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 »

Hi everybody :
I want to invite all of you to a discussion in my forum about bbodes group permissions
Linda Carter

Post by Linda Carter »

leviatan,
I noticed that one user reported the ed2k MOD is having a conflict with your Advanced BBcode Box. I haven't tested/checked this issue. If you can check this out sometime: :)

This is the thread I am talking about. I am also using this MOD:

[RC] eD2k links processing with availability statistics

The ed2k MOD will only make a few changes on those files:
## Installation Level: Easy
## Installation Time: 5 Minutes
## Files To Edit: posting.php,
## viewtopic.php,
## includes/functions.php,
## includes/functions_content.php,
## includes/mcp/mcp_post.php,
## includes/mcp/mcp_topic.php,
## includes/ucp/ucp_pm_compose.php,
## includes/ucp/ucp_pm_viewmessage.php
One important question: Is your MOD somehow replacing the Advanced Quick Reply? If not, do you think is possible to turn off all changes in BBCodes buttons and let only the Image Resizer feature working? I find interesting these advanced BBCode boxes, but for the moment I am not going to use them.

I was using this phpBB 2 MOD:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... de+Box+MOD

As you can see, it is replacing the default phpBB settings, you can't turn off the Advanced box on the Admin CP. :)
"Whoever has not known himself has known nothing. But whoever has known himself has simultaneously achieved knowledge about the depth of all things."
leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 »

Linda Carter wrote:leviatan,
I noticed that one user reported the ed2k MOD is having a conflict with your Advanced BBcode Box. I haven't tested/checked this issue. If you can check this out sometime: :)

This is the thread I am talking about. I am also using this MOD:

[RC] eD2k links processing with availability statistics
Yes I know that mod, and help me to do my own ed2k function, and have 2 functions with the same name ( in the next release is fixed ).
As I told to the user, my version is better, because the code in integrate with phpbb3 and don't force anything :roll:
Linda Carter wrote:One important question: Is your MOD somehow replacing the Advanced Quick Reply?
ABBC3 is not a quick reply function, only works in the posting page and not in viewtopic.
ABBC3 and Advanced Quick Reply ( like other quick replys ) can both work together because both mod are fully phpbb compatible.
If you do not want use ABBC3 in AQR you do not have to do anything, in the case you want to use together, have to do some changes.
Linda Carter wrote:If not, do you think is possible to turn off all changes in BBCodes buttons and let only the Image Resizer feature working? I find interesting these advanced BBCode boxes, but for the moment I am not going to use them.
If you disable ABBC3 you disable also all features that come with it, is a full pack .
Linda Carter wrote:I was using this phpBB 2 MOD:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... de+Box+MOD

As you can see, it is replacing the default phpBB settings, you can't turn off the Advanced box on the Admin CP. :)
Of course I know that mod, because I speak with the author,and also with the previous author too, and I have his approval to update it to phpbb3x , I explain it in the install file :
Install_ABBC3_v1010.xml wrote:I contacted "Disturbed One" the original developer of this mod and "freddie" the last developer of this mod,
and ask for upgrade the Advanced BBcode Box for phpbb2.x to phpbb3.0.0,
Both say that they will not do the job, and are agree that I do it, so here I am ;)
So basically works in the same way by replacing the phpbb posting page,
jorgefms

Post by jorgefms »

Advanced BBCode box 3 installed! :P

After I have installed Prime Quick Replay and works fine

with bbcode hide
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9656/semttulonl9.jpg

with BBcode show
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8018 ... lo2mp8.jpg

leviatan I have an error...a small one withou sigificance, but if you can help me I apreciate...
In ACP, I go to Mod - advanced bbcode 3 - ABBC3 BBcode and the when I try push up or down a BBcode gives me this error:
mysqli_result Object ( ) [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_abbcodes.php:77)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_abbcodes.php:77)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_abbcodes.php:77)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 155: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_abbcodes.php:77)

Problem with translation? :S
leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 »

jorgefms wrote:leviatan I have an error...a small one withou sigificance, but if you can help me I apreciate...
In ACP, I go to Mod - advanced bbcode 3 - ABBC3 BBcode and the when I try push up or down a BBcode gives me this error:

Problem with translation? :S
Hi jorgefms :
You need to apply all patches
Linda Carter

Post by Linda Carter »

leviatan,
I will try to explain one thing that is bothering me, please hear me out on this one. It's not related to your MOD (which I haven't tested so far), but with other BBCode boxes and even with phpBB 3 default package. Perhaps if you could understand what I am telling you. :)

When you push any of these buttons above (B, I, U, Quote, Code, etc.), the default behavior is to move the cursor to the end of that text.

For example:

If you have that text (JKJJFGDJGfdjfgDJF = text):

*******SELECTED JKJJFGDJGfdjfgDJF *****SELECTED

And you select that area, pushing the B (Bold) button, the cursor will be moved to this point:

[ b ]JKJJFGDJGfdjfgDJF[ /b ]| (no spaces on the BBcode)

| = cursor of your keyboard.

I know that vBulletin is doing that the other way.

*******SELECTED JKJJFGDJGfdjfgDJF *****SELECTED

If you push the BBcode button, it will remain selected. This way:

[ b ]*******SELECTED JKJJFGDJGfdjfgDJF *******SELECTED[ /b ] (no spaces on the BBcode)

This may not sound important but can be very annoying if you need for example to aply another BBCode to that text (Bold + Underline, Italic, URL). vBulletin is not showing your cursor, it's keeping the text selected!

I am also not sure why phpBB 3 always, when inserting emoticons, gives you two spaces. One more thing that doesn't make any sense.

S= Space

phpBB 3:

XXXXXXXXXXXXS:emoticon:S

vBulletin:

XXXXXXXXXXXX:emoticon:
Last edited by Linda Carter on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Whoever has not known himself has known nothing. But whoever has known himself has simultaneously achieved knowledge about the depth of all things."
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

There's also the keyboard shortcuts in vBull 3.0 and above.
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."
leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 »

Linda Carter :
1) SELECT:
Which browser do you use ?
I suppose is not IE, because IE remain the selected text in the default phpbb posting page or ABBC3
2) EMOTICONS :
Is a rule in phpbb3 that you must have a space before and after it. Ask to the developer team why...
You can read about it in : Support and in your phpbb package in root/doc/readme.html at chapter 6
* Smilies placed directly after bbcode tags will not get parsed. Smilies always need to be separated by spaces.
3) Please don't take it bad,
a) You are always talking about how good is vBulletin, why use phpbb ?
b) Why you ask me and in my topic about phpbb issues. I'm only a user who build a MOD, I'm not Mr phpbb or a phpbb developer...
Linda Carter

Post by Linda Carter »

leviatan21 wrote:Linda Carter :
1) SELECT:
Which browser do you use ?
I suppose is not IE, because IE remain the selected text in the default phpbb posting page or ABBC3
Not quite. I have tested on IE 6.0 (SP1) and as you can see, it's selecting the whole thing:

This is not a flaw of Firefox, IE, or any other browser. It is a flaw on phpBB core. If I am able to use the BBCode that way (using both IE or Firefox, I can confirm you this) on vBulletin, why not here? It's only a matter of correcting the core or the BBCode box. I don't know the trick...

For the record, please take a look into this thread:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1157625
3) Please don't take it bad,
a) You are always talking about how good is vBulletin, why use phpbb ?
b) Why you ask me and in my topic about phpbb issues. I'm only a user who build a MOD, I'm not Mr phpbb or a phpbb developer...
I am not talking about how good vBulletin or any other free/paid script are, over phpBB. I don't care about them. The "default package" of vBulletin might be just as bad as phpBB. Neither I am asking about phpBB issues.

I am merely stating my point that most MODs developed for phpBB are always the same thing. If you can find something better on Invision, SMF, Web Wiz, then why not add here and use them as inspiration to make the MOD Releases area better every day?

Take the vBulletin polls for example. No one have created something even similar to phpBB, or any other scripts. Instead, we are seeing the same polls being recycled each phpBB version, and no real improvements being made. I don't think we are asking the impossible.

Giving users a choice to modify or improve something they don't feel is right (even if most people don't care) is also the whole essence of the MOD Requests area. I think each request or MOD is equally valid.
leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 »

"For the record : " this is the last time I answer you about phpbb issues, please do not post here unless you have something to say about ABBC3 :evil:
Linda Carter wrote:Not quite. I have tested on IE 6.0 (SP1) and as you can see, it's selecting the whole thing:

This is not a flaw of Firefox, IE, or any other browser. It is a flaw on phpBB core. If I am able to use the BBCode that way (using both IE or Firefox, I can confirm you this) on vBulletin, why not here? It's only a matter of correcting the core or the BBCode box. I don't know the trick...
Let me explain something that perhaps you do not know, mod's developers must follow a batch of rules that are imposed by the team develops, one of then is use the phpbb core for ours scripts, if we do what we want, probably this will be a complete mess, so the rules are clear : "do what we want and we will approved your modifications"
Linda Carter wrote:For the record, please take a look into this thread:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1157625
As say the post : ..."if necessary, start a new topic in the support forum with a link to your report. Support team members are able to re-open reports if the issue is in fact a bug."...
Again, if you have problems/bug/error/comment/suggestions with phpBB, ask to the phpBB developers, not a mod author.
Linda Carter wrote:I am not talking about how good vBulletin or any other free/paid script is, over phpBB. I don't care about them. The "default package" of vBulletin might be just as bad as phpBB. Neither I am asking about phpBB issues.
No? are you sure? every post you write to me is about how good is VB doing things... :roll:
Linda Carter wrote:I am merely stating my point that most MODs developed for phpBB are always the same thing. If you can find something better on Invision, SMF, Web Wiz, then why not add here and use them as inspiration to make the MOD Releases area better every day?

Take the vBulletin polls for example. No one have created something even similar to phpBB, or any other scripts. Instead, we are seeing the same polls being reclycled each phpBB version, and no real improvements being made. I don't think we are asking the impossible.
I don't know about mod's developers, In my case ( I explain it before ) I'm not a super programmer, I'm only a simple phpbb user that have my own request, and instead disturb everybody I do my own mods, I start studying php only for build this my own code, and, share it with the rest.

And you?
what do you do?
do you think is easy?
why don't you do something to improve ?
build your own code, and share it with us....
You will notice that is not so easy, it requires time, and a lot of knowledge, then post it, and may be, only may be, you will get some approval from a couple of users, and surely will receive a lot lot lot of critics, and you will feel bad, like me in this moment.
Linda Carter wrote:Giving users a choice to modify or improve something they don't feel is right (even if most people don't care) is also the whole essence of the MOD Requests area. I think each request or MOD is equally valid.
As you are finally say, make your improvement or do a request, and please do not come back to my topic again if you do not have anything to say about ABBC3.

:ugeek:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”