Black Pearl

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
m30ndo

Re: Black Pearl

Post by m30ndo »

Thank you that is brilliant... AMAZING..

If I wanted to change the logo to a .swf file what is the path to change the file name?

MANY MANY MANY thanks

:)
joebart72

Post by joebart72 »

Hi :)

There is a problem with bbcode code and quote :

It only happens with code and code=php

Bbcode quote :

It seems there is no return in line so the viewtopic is seriously deformed.
I learn English with phpbb.com :)
Stu83

Post by Stu83 »

what are the dimensions for the entire top strip where this image is located? Image

also what file is the code relating to it located in, so i can change the file name to my banner? and how could i centralize the new banner?
TheIlluminative
Former Team Member
Name: Mahmoud

Post by TheIlluminative »

You define the dimensions you want, it doesn't have to be the same as it. And it's located in overall_header.html.
Stu83

Post by Stu83 »

thanks for that, i uploaded a banner but just replaced the original file with one with the same name so i wouldnt need to change any code but it resized the image back down to 150x150ish, can i up the limits?

also at home, a temporary banner in uploaded was visable, as were edit/quote/reply/new and old post buttons etc but on my work computer they are all invisable, i can hover over them so know they are still there... so far im the only person to have had this problem (from my forum)

what could be causing this as no other websites are different between home and work
RATT

Post by RATT »

Stu83 wrote:what are the dimensions for the entire top strip where this image is located?
You can alter the dimension settings for the tables/table data if you choose to in this part of the coding of the overall_header.html file:

Code: Select all

<div id="top_logo">
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td height="150" align="left" valign="middle"><a href="{U_INDEX}">{SITE_LOGO_IMG}</a></td>
<td align="center" valign="middle"><h1>{SITENAME}</h1><span class="gen">{SITE_DESCRIPTION}</span></td>
<td align="right" valign="top">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
Stu83 wrote: also what file is the code relating to it located in,
The dimensions are used from the styles/black_pearl/imageset.cfg (img_site_logo = sitelogo_small.png*150*150) file, relative to the image being used. You can adjust these settings however using the theme/image editing option in the ACP to define the width, height you wish for your logo to display.
Stu83 wrote: so i can change the file name to my banner?
You have two options for this:
1: You can simply name your banner sitelogo_small.png and upload overwriting the original

or

2:Edit the imageset.cfg file including your banner name and it's default dimensions, Edit the overall_header.html file reflecting the change:
Stu83 wrote: and how could i centralize the new banner?
Open overall_header.html
Find:

<td height="150" align="left" valign="middle"><a href="{U_INDEX}">{SITE_LOGO_IMG}</a></td>
<td align="center" valign="middle"><h1>{SITENAME}</h1><span class="gen">{SITE_DESCRIPTION}</span></td>
<td align="right" valign="top">&nbsp;</td>
Replace with:

<td height="150" align="center" valign="middle"><a href="{U_INDEX}">{SITE_LOGO_IMG}</a></td>
Last edited by RATT on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
RATT

Post by RATT »

Stu83 wrote: also at home, a temporary banner in uploaded was visable, as were edit/quote/reply/new and old post buttons etc but on my work computer they are all invisable, i can hover over them so know they are still there... so far im the only person to have had this problem (from my forum)

what could be causing this as no other websites are different between home and work
This could be a browser issue or a cached version of your site issue If you are the only person experiencing this. It could also be a security problem in the browser, firewall, or anti-virus program(s) at work preventing you from viewing images from your site.
RATT

Post by RATT »

m30ndo wrote:
If I wanted to change the logo to a .swf file what is the path to change the file name?
styles/black_pearl/imageset.cfg
Stu83

Post by Stu83 »

RATT wrote:
Stu83 wrote: also at home, a temporary banner in uploaded was visable, as were edit/quote/reply/new and old post buttons etc but on my work computer they are all invisable, i can hover over them so know they are still there... so far im the only person to have had this problem (from my forum)

This could be a browser issue or a cached version of your site issue If you are the only person experiencing this. It could also be a security problem in the browser, firewall, or anti-virus program(s) at work preventing you from viewing images from your site.
no other sites have this problem when im at work though, even the actual demo page is fine...

as the page loads up they are all initially semi-visable then as the page completes they vanish
Mighty Gorgon
Name: Luca Libralato

Post by Mighty Gorgon »

RATT wrote:
m30ndo wrote:
styles/black_pearl/imageset.cfg
That would not be enough, since SWF won't work in an IMG tag.

Better edit the overall_header.html and add the logo directly there with the proper code.
Fred347

Post by Fred347 »

Hi, I just installed the style Black Pearl. I want to change the area that says "Please delete, move or rename the install directory before you use your board. If this directory is still present, only the Administration Control Panel (ACP) will be accessible." In the title "Information", I have already done this, how can I change this or delete this message, thank you.
ashdaw

Post by ashdaw »

I just downloaded this theme. It is really good all I have to do now is to figure out HOW to add it :D

Thanks for making it available :D
dilter

Post by dilter »

Hi. I was wondering if it's possible to ad google adwords to the forum. at the base of it.
and if how I can do it.

Thank you.
RATT

Post by RATT »

Fred347 wrote:Hi, I just installed the style Black Pearl. I want to change the area that says "Please delete, move or rename the install directory before you use your board. If this directory is still present, only the Administration Control Panel (ACP) will be accessible." In the title "Information", I have already done this, how can I change this or delete this message, thank you.

This is a safety precaution by default when using phpbb. Simply rename or delete the install folder in your board's root directory in order to use your board. If you have already done this then refresh your newly installed board and your board will be accessible by you and your members. (unless you disable the board in the ACP of course.)
RATT

Post by RATT »

ashdaw wrote:I just downloaded this theme. It is really good all I have to do now is to figure out HOW to add it :D

Thanks for making it available :D
This should get you started.
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/how-to- ... on-phpbb3/

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”