Ban users by x warnings

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Peter77sx

Re: Ban users by x warnings

Post by Peter77sx »

zyxw wrote:
A_O_C wrote:...

could the Admin reverse it? :roll:

Here's one way

http://ktuk.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 0&p=147871
mod.der

Post by mod.der »

Help me configuring it.
I need to make it as 3 or 5 warning before a ban.
How do I do that?
Thanks
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

From the very first post of the topic
Modification description: Bans a user automaticlly when a user has the number of warnings thats set in the ACP when there is a warning added.
So I would guess the setting is located in the ACP...probably under board settings.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
dave2p

Post by dave2p »

Do the warnings need to be initiated in different threads or do they have to be done in the ACP for the user in question?

I ask because I have this installed, set for 2 warnings and 7220 minute in the ACP but when two warnings have been issued the user is not banned and can continue to post

running ver 3.02 with a couple of other mods on a system with a Joomla front end - the joomla authentication uses the PHPbb3 database and was allowing a loophole for banned users in that if they logged in the Joomla page and then linked to the forum they could post quite happily even if banned. That loophole is now closed as the forum link requires a login again but this mod still is not working for me.
moselekm

Post by moselekm »

Lmao, nevermind, found it. It's in Board Settings - Derh :lol: :oops:
Seether

Post by Seether »

What happens to the warnings if a user gets unbanned after the given amount of time? Will the counter of warnings be set to zero again?
dave2p

Post by dave2p »

Anyone answere my post earlier?

I can issue warnings and they exceed the no set in the ACP but the user can still log in

This Mod is not working on my board.
A_O_C

Post by A_O_C »

then you made a mistake in your edits. i have 3.0.2 with about 50+ MODs installed an no problem
dave2p

Post by dave2p »

A_O_C wrote:then you made a mistake in your edits. i have 3.0.2 with about 50+ MODs installed an no problem

Right - this was not an error in the edits as it was working when I first applied it and tested it but had since stopped working. Tracking back through the changes I have made I can only assume that it stopped working around the time I upgraded my board from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2.

Checking old backups I had, the changes to includes/mcp/mcp_warn.php were on files on my live board up until around the time I upgraded to 3.0.2.

That file had been replaced either when I upgraded or when I added one of 7 other mods since then.

Anyway - I re-applied the edits to that file and the Mod is now working again. All the other modded files were fine and retained the edits originally applied.

This may help someone that has a similar problem.
kramtronix

Post by kramtronix »

The mod calls for the following action:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('warnings_ban', 3);
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('warnings_ban_expire', 1440);
Where do I do this at? :mrgreen:
KRAM ®
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 »

kramtronix wrote:The mod calls for the following action:

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('warnings_ban', 3);
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('warnings_ban_expire', 1440);
Where do I do this at? :mrgreen:

In your cPanel database click the SQL section and add it there and submit
kramtronix

Post by kramtronix »

Alright, I'm a SQLtard. I went to the db, and it opened up something called phpMyAdmin.

I have NO idea what to do in there. I can't lie. :?
KRAM ®
Sunka

Post by Sunka »

When you open phpMyAdmin, then click on left side on your database name
Then when your database show on monitor, then click on SQL on main menu, in text box then paste this:

and click GO.
That all
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Seether wrote:What happens to the warnings if a user gets unbanned after the given amount of time? Will the counter of warnings be set to zero again?
No, it will not be resetted . IF you warn him again he would again be banned, except when the warning was removed as it was to old.
Seether

Post by Seether »

Paul wrote:
Seether wrote:What happens to the warnings if a user gets unbanned after the given amount of time? Will the counter of warnings be set to zero again?
No, it will not be resetted . IF you warn him again he would again be banned, except when the warning was removed as it was to old.
Please explain this to me.
A User will be banned if he gets 3 warnings. Now he gets banned and after 3 days he will be automatically unbanned. He still has got 3 warnings, hmm?
A moderator gives him another warning, then he has got 4 warnings and will be banned again, right? After unbanning his counter of warnings is set to 4.
From time to time a warnings will be removed according to the time limit for warnings, right?

Will the admin be informed if a user gets banned?

thx S.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”