[BETA] Moderator Tags v1.0.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
danswano

Re: [BETA] Moderator Tags v1.1

Post by danswano » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:37 am

lace-rules wrote:
danswano wrote:There is a problem, the whole profile block on the right go to the bottom under the signature when you apply a tag inside a post. :?
ok - looks like there is a bug in v0.0.8 of Custom BBCode Rights! ~ Time to change back to v0.0.7! ;)

P.S. Just remove the code you entered in includes/functions_message.php ~ then it should be OK ;)

Nothing happened:
restored includes/functions_display.php to the original nothing happened, includes/message_parser.php also
the profile block still going under the signature. :?

also you said it's includes/functions_message.php , there is no includes/functions_message.php in your mod or in phpbb3 at all.

autinhyeu

Post by autinhyeu » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:22 am

i think delete this code:

Code: Select all

</div>
                        <br clear="all"><br>					</td>
this MOD will work great than default ^^!
sorry.
Regards.
phpBB Community in Vietnamese: http://www.phpbbvn.com

Sorry, my English language is fine impossible

lace-rules

Post by lace-rules » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:51 am

danswano wrote:
lace-rules wrote:
danswano wrote:There is a problem, the whole profile block on the right go to the bottom under the signature when you apply a tag inside a post. :?
ok - looks like there is a bug in v0.0.8 of Custom BBCode Rights! ~ Time to change back to v0.0.7! ;)

P.S. Just remove the code you entered in includes/functions_message.php ~ then it should be OK ;)

Nothing happened:
restored includes/functions_display.php to the original nothing happened, includes/message_parser.php also
the profile block still going under the signature. :?

also you said it's includes/functions_message.php , there is no includes/functions_message.php in your mod or in phpbb3 at all.
I have just updated this Modification! I have fixed the error you were talking about! Please re-do the edits for "includes/functions_display.php" which is needed for Custom BBCode Rights v0.0.8 and Change the BBCode which you entered in your ACP (The new bbcode is in my updated mod)

regards
lace
Do you want a FREE pre-modded phpBB3 Forum instead of modding your own? phpBB-X is a pre-modded forum software that has a very popular style and has loads of mods installed! For more information, visit: http://phpbbx.net76.net

beggers

Re: [BETA] Moderator Tags v1.0.3

Post by beggers » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:16 am

I'd like to suggest that you pick up the moderator's name automatically. That would simplify its usage and make it less prone to abuse. We had a phpBB2 version of this mod and that's how it worked. Thanks for considering it. :)

lace-rules

Post by lace-rules » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:57 pm

beggers wrote:I'd like to suggest that you pick up the moderator's name automatically. That would simplify its usage and make it less prone to abuse. We had a phpBB2 version of this mod and that's how it worked. Thanks for considering it. :)
im thinking about this already but to implement it, I am not to sure about because I hardly have any more time owning my hosting business and all! ;)
Do you want a FREE pre-modded phpBB3 Forum instead of modding your own? phpBB-X is a pre-modded forum software that has a very popular style and has loads of mods installed! For more information, visit: http://phpbbx.net76.net

surfer247
Name: Todd

Post by surfer247 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:30 pm

That would take more than just an HTML replacement BBCode. You'd have to do some replacement in posting.php.

On a side note, I've been developing a mod like this. It works by finding these BBCodes before they are stored in the database and takes all the data out of them. It stores the data in a database table, then replaces the original BBCode with an encrypted (well sort of) code. It checks on editting so that the original user can't just edit out the mod BBCode. Also, it might come up where you don't want the original poster to edit their post at all, so the moderator has the option to disable that as well. Mine doesn't use the same additional modification yours does, but it still does limit only moderators to using the mod BBCode.
In my opinion, it's pointless for both of us to be working on the same modification. Would you be oposed to me posting mine in the developement section. Or would you rather sort of join up on this. Or would you rather me just give you my code?
Come visit me at Toddred.com!

A_O_C

Post by A_O_C » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:52 pm

post yours in a new topic surfer. just like there are 2 "solved topic" MODs (in development) and 3+ "quick reply" MODs (in the MODDB). users can then pick and choose which one they want.

Irn-Bru

Post by Irn-Bru » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:38 pm

Hey,

First off, thanks for this mod. Just what I need. Secondly, and more importantly, I installed it on my localhost test forum and I'm getting the same error message that 'lockylew' got.
"Not Found
The requested URL /bbcb3_menu.php was not found on this server."
I've installed plenty mods before so I know what I'm doing but I've checked and doubled checked, the edits are uploaded and everything is purged, etc but there is nothing that fixes it. The installation guide was followed 100% and the mod itself works fine, apart from the ACP page error message. Is there meant to be a file called 'bbcb3_menu.php' included in your zip file hosted on Rapidshare? It's mentioned in the 'acp_bbcodebox3.html' file along with 'acp_bbcodebox3_menue.php', neither of which are included in the zip. If they're meant to be included, where can I get them?

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to your reply.

IB :)

4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:34 pm

the package of this "mod" here must be updated.

in the package here
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 45&start=0
all errors about this are fixed
Current Mods | Mod Base | php(BB) programming | No help via PM

Irn-Bru

Post by Irn-Bru » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:00 pm

Ah, thanks for the info, 4_seven! Appreciate it.

:)

Dugi
Name: Dukagjin Surdulli

Post by Dugi » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:29 am

my problem is this:
Ever when i want to create or edit: New Groups, Users Avatar, Signature, Profile it shows me this error message. After clicking submit it will show this page:

tell me what to do :?
PM me for custom extension pricing / My validated MODs / My MODs in development

danswano

Post by danswano » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:58 pm

The problem still exist, the profile block is going under the signature. :?

4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:02 pm

dugi wrote:tell me what to do :?
simple,

you dont have the actual update

open

includes/message_parser.php

find

// 4seven
$phpbb_root_path_bb = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : './';
$phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);
include($phpbb_root_path_bb . 'includes/functions_bb_restrict.' . $phpEx);
// 4seven
replace with

// 4seven
$phpbb_root_path_bb = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : './';
$phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);
if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path_bb . 'includes/functions_bb_restrict.' . $phpEx)){
include($phpbb_root_path_bb . 'includes/functions_bb_restrict.' . $phpEx);}
// 4seven

4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:06 pm

danswano wrote:The problem still exist, the profile block is going under the signature. :?
with the html part of this "mod" i have nothing to do.
there for ask lace-rules ;)

Mudjosh

Post by Mudjosh » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:10 pm

Ok.. After searching though a ton of posts, I finally got this mod to show no error messages.. Sadly I still have yet to figure out how to use it though!

I have gotten 3 sets of bbcodes so that only my moderators and co-admin can see it.. Yet when I log in under a registered member account, I still see the mods!

What am I doing wrong..

I have tried to set them by first working in the .Mods catagory and then when this didn't work, I edited the bboced to be able to be shown when making a post.

The mod did nothing as far as I know... Any help?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”