ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Bob_La_Londe

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Bob_La_Londe »

I took me a bit to sort through this 40+ page thread and find the pertinent items, although I got mine installed and working at about page 35.

I strongly suggest you go back to page one and start reading. There are some manual file edits required to get this mod working. Then go back and read the documentation pages that came with the downloaed file. Follow the instructions line by line. There are no shortcuts. This mod is functional when installed. It needs some method of allowing non admins to place items in the announcments. On an ease of install scale:

1-------------6---------10

For a total code newbie in all respects it might be very very difficult to install. For those of us who have been playing with forum style bulletin boards for a couple years, and are comfortable doing minor edits its doable with some help from this thread. For somebody like lefty he probably had it working before he finished writing it. LOL. It is not auto installing in anyway. There is a script that assists with part of the setup, but its misleading when you are just skimming the thread, and might lead you to believe that it is an installer. It is not.

Its not the toughest mod to install I have ever done, but it is not the easiest either. It only requires a handful of file edits, and they are pretty well documented. Its kinda tricky to get all the variables and database stuff set, and that is where that script helps. Then it can be a trick to figure out how to get it actually in the recognized modules in your forums, and then you have to figure out how to refresh your templates so it shows up, and also where to put it that will work in your header and or footer file. Once its installed and working its a nice way to show simple announcements at the top of your forums.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

thanks bob_la_blonde,
doug,
if you are new to this i would recommend reading this
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=724145

for the announcement centre, you will need to first follow the installation instructions.

if you are going to use the installer, forget the sql part and the DIY part as the installer will take care of this bit but you will still need to edit the files and upload the ones that are in the root folder of the mod.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Deathx_EOC

Post by Deathx_EOC »

Any Help?

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'a4333557_phpbb9.phpbb_announcement_centre' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM phpbb_announcement_centre

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php
LINE: 114
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Ive run the SQL already

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE phpbb_announcement_centre (
  announcement_show tinyint (1) NOT NULL,
  announcement_enable_guests tinyint (1) NOT NULL,
  announcement_show_birthdays tinyint (1) NOT NULL,
  announcement_birthday_avatar tinyint (1) NOT NULL,
  announcement_draft text NOT NULL,
  announcement_draft_bbcode_uid varchar(8) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
  announcement_draft_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
  announcement_draft_bbcode_options mediumint(4) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
  announcement_text text NOT NULL,
  announcement_text_bbcode_uid varchar(8) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
  announcement_text_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
  announcement_text_bbcode_options mediumint(4) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
  announcement_text_guests text NOT NULL,
  announcement_text_guests_bbcode_uid varchar(8) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
  announcement_text_guests_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
  announcement_text_guests_bbcode_options mediumint(4) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
  announcement_title varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  announcement_title_guests varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  announcement_show_group varchar(255) NOT NULL default '');

INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_show, announcement_enable_guests, announcement_show_birthdays, announcement_birthday_avatar, announcement_title, announcement_text, announcement_draft, announcement_title_guests, announcement_text_guests, announcement_show_group) VALUES ('0', '1', '0', '0', 'Site Announcements', '[color=red][b]Site Announcements[/b][/color] can be seen here!! :mrgreen:', '[color=red][b]Draft Announcements[/b][/color] can be seen here!! :mrgreen:', 'Guest Announcements', '[color=green][b]Guest Announcements[/b][/color] can be seen here!! :wink:', '2');

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_show_index', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_enable', '1');
Ive even deleted it all and reran it and i still get this error. I followed the directions step by step

If anyone can help me thanx
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

can you have a look in your database and have a look if the table is indeed there?
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Deathx_EOC

Post by Deathx_EOC »

It is like i said ive removed it once and added it in again and it still didnt work, its there
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

could you one more time doublecheck your edits, then use the installer referred to in post 3.

if you still have that problem after that, is there any chance of getting maybe temp ftp access and a temp admin account?
lefty74
Ring of Fire

Post by Ring of Fire »

Hi there,
I installed this mod and it's working great. My only question now is how can I grant access to just the Announcement Centre Module to specific people (as in, I want certain people, groups, or roles to be able to change the announcement).
Thanks!
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Ring of Fire wrote:Hi there,
I installed this mod and it's working great. My only question now is how can I grant access to just the Announcement Centre Module to specific people (as in, I want certain people, groups, or roles to be able to change the announcement).
Thanks!
that won't be possible unless you give them admin rights.
below might be useful for what you would like
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p6785505
lefty74
Bob_La_Londe

Post by Bob_La_Londe »

lefty74 wrote:
Ring of Fire wrote:Hi there,
Thanks!
that won't be possible unless you give them admin rights.
below might be useful for what you would like
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p6785505
Has the post tie been implemented? I read this thread every few days, and do not see where it was added.

P.S. While the cute name dig was noticed, it is hardly original.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

no, it hasnt yet implemented. i have been busy with other mods that i want to get done first.
Bob_La_Londe wrote:P.S. While the cute name dig was noticed, it is hardly original.
I apologise, that was not meant to be a dig, the thanks was sincere so was the mistake with the name, i am sorry
lefty74
luckyp79

Post by luckyp79 »

What a pain. I installed this mod just fine. I ran the install script before the changes being made. That did not work. I looked on page 35 of this thread and it said to run the install. Well I already did that. But for whatever reason I ran it again and it worked just fine.
Bob_La_Londe

Post by Bob_La_Londe »

lefty74 wrote:no, it hasnt yet implemented. i have been busy with other mods that i want to get done first.
Bob_La_Londe wrote:P.S. While the cute name dig was noticed, it is hardly original.
I apologise, that was not meant to be a dig, the thanks was sincere so was the mistake with the name, i am sorry

I'm glad. I was just trying to give people an overview of the installation process. Something that many mod developers don't do after their initial offering. They tweak and add features and fix bugs, but quite often there is not one place to go for a good overview of the current best process. I think its a good mod, and I am using it.

P.S. If I recall I wound up running the script a couple times too before it worked. Had to get some variables or passwords out of the config file or something. I forget now.
Deathx_EOC

Post by Deathx_EOC »

lefty74 wrote:could you one more time doublecheck your edits, then use the installer referred to in post 3.

if you still have that problem after that, is there any chance of getting maybe temp ftp access and a temp admin account?
I didnt see anything about a installer on page 3 but if ur talking about the modx installer i had no luck with it before cause if the mod fails i cant figure out how to take it off without restoring the entire board

-Edit-
I double checked all the mods and they all are correct and their put after and before what it states to put it after or before so whats this installer your talking about
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

I am sorry if I was not very clear, the installer i refer to takes care of the SQL part of the mod and the setting up of the module. It does not automatically install the complete mod.

To install the mod, you will still have to do the edits referred to in the install.xml file. if you want to use the installer, there is no need to do the sql part of the mod, nor a need to setup your modules. They will automatically be set up in the .MOD tab.

However, I didn't say page 3, I said post 3. That post is my first post in this thread on the first page.

btw, I will open a new thread in the development forum tonight as this is the next mod I will be working on.
lefty74
Deathx_EOC

Post by Deathx_EOC »

ok so i should delete the entry's in the sql database and the module then run this

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”