[DEV] Pafiledb [DOWNLOAD MOD] 0.0.9d

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
WiLloW~

Post by WiLloW~ »

LaZeR wrote: Here is a list of the problems I have remaining after upgrading from 008 to 009b:

(Note: I did find several fix(s) and applied them which resolved many of the reported problems I found both in this thread and @ Mohd's site so I have not included them here.)

[1] - On the Statistics Page and near the very bottom under the "Browser" section in both columns there are RedX - invalid image links being produced. Note: This is a different report than the TOP section - I fixed that main one with the Bar, Graph, ect...

[2] - Selecting "Top Rated Files" under the "Toplist" page produces a long loading period resulting in a timeout & DNS error page.

[3] - After Upload of a new file via the Admin Panel, the icon for the posted file remains a RedX (No image pointed to & end of URL) but if you go back and edit the file, the image link becomes valid.

[4] - When running "File Maintenance" in the ACP, the missing files (no longer posted) are properly found according to the report but are never physically deleted from the server NOR do they physically delete with the individual File: Edit feature.

[5] - Cannot turn off Posting or Viewing comments privledges for ANYONE. Upon some diagnosing I discovered there is a missing table that should be entitled phpbb_pa_auth (Note: I found this by opening pafiledb_constants.php and realizing it is defined there BUT not contained in ANY of the SQL routines or installer found in the /docs DIR :shock:

[6] - Cannot delete comments with the X icon - says "File doesn't exist"...

Maybe someone can point me to more fixes for the above described issues OR confirm if you are running 009b if having the same?

Thanks

Yes!!! All the probems too
RyanThaDude29

Post by RyanThaDude29 »

Permissions don't work with 0.0.9b yet, and has been already been discussed at Mohd's site.
Mohd

Post by Mohd »

thanks guys for reporting these bugs, I will hunt down all of them, (I already did for most of them 8) )

and yes permission doesn't work.
Visit My Site Mohd Web Site!
My Current mod is PaFileDb Integration 0.0.8
Demo: Click Here
No support via PM
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Mohd wrote: thanks guys for reporting these bugs, I will hunt down all of them, (I already did for most of them 8) )

Thanks Mohd, again I'm not being critical in the least way as we appreciate just being able to try this out and it is looking very nice. Just wanted to make sure we are all helping in uncovering every possible error/problem so to get this cleaned up good. And yes, many reports have been repeated but its just hard digging around finding everything already mentioned.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to the next update!
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Just a couple more 'minor' observations to correct:

[9] No column heading for column @ the very right where screenshot icon/link appears if file has a screenshot link.

[10] Something amiss on the file descriptions page. See date in 'Last Updated' 8O

Date: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:09 pm
Last Updated: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Mohd

Post by Mohd »

hey Lazer post these bugs and anything else related to it here
http://mohd.vraag-en-antwoord.nl/main/v ... .php?t=292
No support via PM
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

No problem and done :wink:

I'll try to keep a watch both places and add to that thread as needed.

Post by 033 »

Woohooo this is EXACTLY what i'm looking for.
Delta32

Post by Delta32 »

sorry, I didn't want to stuff up Lazers nice neat post of bugs on MOHD so here is mine and Lazer can do his thing ;)

Insertion of the image file type when entering a new file isn't performed.. ie into the file_posticon field of _pa_files table

sorry if it has already been said.

D32
Delta32

Post by Delta32 »

Also in addition to that, after new files are added. The scripts must add an extra "/" in somewhere (forward slash) for the download URL, turns out being 404..
"pafiledb/uploads//file.pdf "

I'm pretty sure its the code, as the correct URL is in the db.

If anyone has a fix for this... would be nice ;)
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Just FYI, the download link doesn't work on the first post.

:(
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Any idea if this even works in 2.0.6?
Mohd

Post by Mohd »

yes it is working as reported in my site
No support via PM
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

I assume you mean the 0.0.9a version? :)
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Well, I upgraded to the 0.0.9a version from 0.0.8, and whenever I go into the dload.php page, I get this:

Code: Select all

Couldnt Query Files info

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'file_approved' in 'where clause'

SELECT * FROM phpbb_pa_files WHERE file_approved = '1' ORDER BY file_time DESC

Line : 184
File : c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\phpbb\pafiledb\pafiledb_common.php
Everything works fine, but not sure what to do here.... any help would be most appreciated!

Also, in your upgrade directions, there isn't an 'upgrade.sql' file. Just FYI. There is an update_009a_009b.sql, but it isn't the same.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”