RedBar³

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
GTT

Re: RedBar³

Post by GTT »

Hello...
GTT wrote:I installed the MOD and I'm just happy it works very well, but would it be possible to improve the administration, so that they can move the links in the list to organize good as we think ? ;)
I revive the topic... ;)
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

GTT wrote:Hi!

I installed the MOD and I'm just happy it works very well, but would it be possible to improve the administration, so that they can move the links in the list to organize good as we think ? ;)
This has been answered a few pages back. For the time being I will not be implementing this feature. Currently it's to much to add and takes away from the simplicity that I want from this MOD. Possibly in a future version I will add it :)
sorro wrote:I do not use the original prosilver but my style ist based on it - only the colours are different. I followed the instructions for prosilver but there are only the links - not the bar around it. Do you have some idea?

Thanks for your work!
Can you give me a link to the style you're using and a link to your forum? :)

@ cstrfrk - The SQL queries are executed using whatever program your host psrovides for you to edit your database with. Usually something like phpMyAdmin. If you have that, click on your database, then the SQL tab, paste the SQL code in and click go (or similar). Make sure you do this only once. Duplicating the SQL query causes problems ;)

@ Prisco3008 - Make sure you have made all the necessary edits and uploaded all the files that came with this MOD, to their correct place :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
Bacchus72

Post by Bacchus72 »

cherokee red wrote: Here's another demo. This ones shows the redbar moving to 2 lines :)
http://www.sixstringromance.co.uk/home.php#link
Thanks for the mod ... works god so far. Still need to get the box around around the links, but I will try with dreamweaver later.

However, I'd love to get the 2 line redbar going on (wasn't sure how you did the site .... thought it may have been bridged with a CMS). Do you have a mini-tutorial for achieving this?

Thanks in advance :)
GTT

Post by GTT »

cherokee red wrote:
GTT wrote:Hi!

I installed the MOD and I'm just happy it works very well, but would it be possible to improve the administration, so that they can move the links in the list to organize good as we think ? ;)
This has been answered a few pages back. For the time being I will not be implementing this feature. Currently it's to much to add and takes away from the simplicity that I want from this MOD. Possibly in a future version I will add it :)
OK, thank you and good luck... ;)
stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

Bacchus72 wrote: . . . I'd love to get the 2 line redbar going on (wasn't sure how you did the site .... thought it may have been bridged with a CMS). Do you have a mini-tutorial for achieving this? . . .
I think this used to be in the old FAQ. I was sure I had this noted somewhere, but seems not :P
Anyways, my site all use fixed width styles and once you get to having so many links in the bar, it will automatically jump to the next line. I'm not sure how this will work with non fixed width styles, but it can't hurt to test. Try adding lots of test links and see if it wraps or not :)
Bacchus72

Post by Bacchus72 »

I'll try adding lots of links once I figure out this next problem ...

... I have no box around the links, and the links don't have the style they should (i.e. bold). I used two different editors, and I tried with each one twice. Everything else works, except for this issue. Can you think of another reason why the boxes would display (just so you know, I purged the cache every time, and I used multiple browsers, and I hard reloaded them).

Best. :)
stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

Can you give me a link to your forums and the style you are using?
Bacchus72

Post by Bacchus72 »

cherokee red wrote:Can you give me a link to your forums and the style you are using?
http://www.eastsidefreeride.com/Forum/

prosilver

Cheer!
RedH'

Post by RedH' »

when i want to do the 2nd Sql i won't work

:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options (auth_option, is_global, is_local, founder_only) VALUES
('a_redbar', 1, 0, 0);
and i get this:

SQL-query:

INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options( auth_option, is_global, is_local, founder_only )
VALUES (
'a_redbar', 1, 0, 0
)

MySQL retourneerde: Documentatie
#1146 - Table 'deb12391_phpbb.phpbb_acl_options' doesn't exist 
what to do now?
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

Seems to me like your table prefix is not phpbb... So change phpbb_acl_options to yourprefix_acl_options and you should be ok.. ;)
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

Bacchus72 wrote:http://www.eastsidefreeride.com/Forum/

prosilver

Cheer!
Strange. You CSS and html files look fine, but Firebug (FF add-on) isn't showing the CSS edits. Can you try manually deleting everything from your cache folder except .htaccess and index.html, then refresh your browser?
RedH'

Post by RedH' »

ChriZathens wrote:Seems to me like your table prefix is not phpbb... So change phpbb_acl_options to yourprefix_acl_options and you should be ok.. ;)
and what if i don't know my prefix anymore ;p?
stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

Open up your config.php file and look for $table_prefix = ;)
RedH'

Post by RedH' »

cherokee red wrote:Open up your config.php file and look for $table_prefix = ;)
offcourse, i knew that. Sorry

What to do if i know my Prefix?

INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options (auth_option, is_global, is_local, founder_only) VALUES
('a_redbar', 1, 0, 0);
with my prefix?

INSERT INTO phpbbecritz_acl_options (auth_option, is_global, is_local, founder_only) VALUES
('a_redbar', 1, 0, 0);
stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

You need to edit the SQL query to match your prefix:

INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options( auth_option, is_global, is_local, founder_only )
VALUES ( 'a_redbar', 1, 0, 0 )
Where it says "phpbb" in there, you need to change that to whatever your prefix is, then run the SQL query again. After that, everything should be working ok :)

*edit*
Ok, i'm updating the 1st post and adding this to the FAQ :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”