Board3 Portal

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
mre03

Re: Board3 Portal

Post by mre03 »

i installed the portal and seems to work great so far but, the board index just goes to the portal and never the actual forum itself
avaren

Post by avaren »

Could you link me to your board?
mre03

Post by mre03 »

avaren wrote:Could you link me to your board?
sent link
avaren

Post by avaren »

You seem to have edited one of phpbbs constants, specifically "U_INDEX" in /includes/functions.php

Look for a line beginning

Code: Select all

'U_INDEX'				=> 
And make sure it reads

'U_INDEX'				=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx"),
mre03

Post by mre03 »

avaren wrote:You seem to have edited one of phpbbs constants, specifically "U_INDEX" in /includes/functions.php

'U_INDEX'				=> 
And make sure it reads

thats weird i actually do have this in there
Baldwonder

Post by Baldwonder »

This is a great Mod, i have sucessfully installed it on my local host and its working brilliantly with the Prosilver, however on my website i am running another style "black pearl" most of the installation is fine as most is linked to general files that are not style related. The problem occurs when i get to the last 3 or 4 instructions on the xml file. (the style based edits) some are fine but many of the lines are nowhere to be seen.

I have done a fair few mods now and kno that the lines may be partial or incomplete etc but they are just not there. i have looked threw a number of other files in the style to see if i can find the code somewhere else but with no luck. Could someone give me a suggestion as to how i may go about getting around this problem.

Thanks in advance.

I am running version 3.0.2 of phpbb3 and installing version 1.0.1 of the portal. I also have the AJAX chat mod on my site. but not on the local host which is what i am working on atm. Please help.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

You could ask at Board3-Styles.de. The instructions were made for Board 3 1.0.0 RC1, so you might just ask for an update, which should be finished the same day. ;)
Baldwonder

Post by Baldwonder »

There is actually a thread about this style on that site - however it is in german. Hav you any suggestions as to how i could translate it?? It could be just what i need. However it may not be also.

http://www.board3-styles.de/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=172

I dont think it is a problem with the install instructions as such, its because the style has been coded in a different way from the 2 standard styles that are included with phpBB3
avaren

Post by avaren »

I've asked if they could post an english summary, we'll see what comes up. :)
mre03

Post by mre03 »

mre03 wrote:
avaren wrote:You seem to have edited one of phpbbs constants, specifically "U_INDEX" in /includes/functions.php

'U_INDEX'				=> 
And make sure it reads

thats weird i actually do have this in there
maybe its causing a conflict with the seo mod? because when i try to input the index.php it just redirects to the original domain thus showing the portal again
Baldwonder

Post by Baldwonder »

avaren wrote:I've asked if they could post an english summary, we'll see what comes up. :)
Thank you very much for that,i have read the post and done the changes for the style that it recommends, the trouble is that the style stil does not show properly on the portal page. each of the blocks are all merged etc. i wil upload it to my test forum and provide a link to show exactly what i mean. But thank you for your efforts so far :)
avaren

Post by avaren »

Hmm, I thought we fixed all problems with the SEO mod, maybe not.

Baldwonder:
Try http://www.board3-styles.de/viewtopic.php?p=457#p457 it is for 1.0.0 RC1 but it's the best they have. They will get around to updating it to 1.0.1 just not yet. :)
ANgelArvil

Post by ANgelArvil »

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... so it still not SEO MOD integrated.. I will be waiting for that release haha!

And btw, is it possible to add more link in the nav bar at the left side? I want to add gallery page haha :lol:

keep up the good work bro
avaren

Post by avaren »

Yeh just edit styles/yourstyle/template/portal/blocks/main_menu.html
vellatechie

Post by vellatechie »

should i download from the first post(v1.0.0) or the third post (v1.0.1)?? Whats the difference between them

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”