[ABD] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC10

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
easygo

Re: [BETA] phpBB Arcade 0.7.0

Post by easygo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:27 pm

The Bad Toad wrote:
easygo wrote:Why not using language/en/mods/info_acp_arcade.php from the current version 0.7.0 :?:

Too easy, I guess. :mrgreen:
Not at all, I am using the latest version of language/en/mods/info_acp_arcade.php
Well, in that case you shouldn't have such errors as you posted further up in this thread ::
The Bad Toad wrote:I've had a big failure on my board entirely down to me. I've been re adding MOds again from a download of my forum files , however when I try to add the arcade I get the following using Chrome which was working before

Unless English is not your preferred user language.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Post by KeithR » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:39 pm

easygo wrote: Unless English is not your preferred user language.
English is the only language I speak coming from England UK :)

easygo

Post by easygo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:47 pm

So, just to make sure that both indexes are well defined, open that lang file and search for

Code: Select all

'ACP_ARCADE_EDIT_SCORES_EXPLAIN'				=> 'Select a game below and you will be shown all its scores.',
as well as for

'ACP_ARCADE_EDIT_SCORES'				=> 'Edit scores',
True? Then open includes/acp/acp_arcade_games.php and try

$l_title = $user->lang['ACP_ARCADE_EDIT_SCORES'];
		$l_title_explain = $user->lang['ACP_ARCADE_EDIT_SCORES_EXPLAIN'];
instead of

$l_title = $user->lang['ACP_ARCADE_' . strtoupper($mode)];
		$l_title_explain = $user->lang['ACP_ARCADE_' . strtoupper($mode) . '_DEFAULT_EXPLAIN'];
Hope it helps.
Last edited by easygo on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Post by KeithR » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:02 pm

easygo wrote:So, just to make sure that both indexes are well defined, open that lang file and search for ::

'ACP_ARCADE_EDIT_SCORES_EXPLAIN'				=> 'Select a game below and you will be shown all its scores.',
as well as for ::

'ACP_ARCADE_EDIT_SCORES'				=> 'Edit scores',
Both edit's are there easygo.
I do want to reiterate that this is not a problem with the MOD in any way and does now seem to be working without a problem. I do appreciate the time that you have spent helping me with this , and as I said it was all caused by me editing the board. Somehow the root directory was corrupted and wouldn't let me edit it again so I used an old backup to restore the files, while keeping the current database. I was able to download all the forum files via FTP and i'm using them to restore.

easygo

Post by easygo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:12 pm

Anyway! :) All's well that ends well, right?

Larsen

Post by Larsen » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:15 pm

easygo wrote:
Larsen wrote:
So how about a testuser account?
Done ;)
name : testuser
pw : 123456
Well done so far ;) but for any reason you forgot to replace the
template file arcade_play_body.html with the newer one.

So just do it! Purge the cache and then try again.
oops :oops: but done, it didnt help :?

easygo

Post by easygo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:19 pm

Larsen wrote:
easygo wrote:
Larsen wrote:
Done ;)

oops :oops: but done, it didnt help :?
Sure that you have purged the cache from your acp after doing that?

Larsen

Post by Larsen » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:25 pm

sure

from my log:
Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:13 pm Deleted cached versions of template files in template set Glacier
» login_body, index_body, message_body, overall_footer, forumlist_body, arcade.arcade_jumpbox, viewtopic_body, jumpbox, arcade.arcade_list_body, overall_header, arcade.arcade_header_body, viewforum_body, arcade.arcade_online_body, arcade.arcade_index_body, arcade.arcade_play_body, arcade.arcade_version_body

easygo

Post by easygo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Larsen wrote:sure

from my log:
Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:13 pm Deleted cached versions of template files in template set Glacier
» login_body, index_body, message_body, overall_footer, forumlist_body, arcade.arcade_jumpbox, viewtopic_body, jumpbox, arcade.arcade_list_body, overall_header, arcade.arcade_header_body, viewforum_body, arcade.arcade_online_body, arcade.arcade_index_body, arcade.arcade_play_body, arcade.arcade_version_body
In my view, you didn't replaced the file arcade_play_body.html (for your template set Glacier) correctly.

It's still the same old thing, btw. :roll:

JRSweets

Re: [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC1

Post by JRSweets » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:38 pm

Changes since phpBB Arcade v0.7.0
Changes
  • Added the ability to add directories to the extra game files listing (Thanks NiceM)
  • Added sorting options to user statistics page
  • Added users personal best to play games page
  • Optimized IBP convert module (Thanks easygo)
  • Optimized query retrieving all users with arcade data in acp
Language Changes
Diff format
arcade.php
info_acp_arcade.php
help_arcade.php

Changes
arcade.php
info_acp_arcade.php
help_arcade.php

DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:28 am

I was just noticing that in ver 7 (not updated to the new one yet) that none of the trophies are showing up in the member list or profile. Any idea what I can do to fix that please?

wolverd

Post by wolverd » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:34 am

wolverd wrote:GREAT script! (Congrats!)

I'm a phpbb3 modding noob though and have had a few probs in trying to get this installed on my test board.

Here are the steps I've taken:

(1) I successfully installed phpbb3 version 3.0.1
(2) I successfully updated to phpbb3 version 3.0.2
(3) I successfully installed phpbb arcade version 0.7.0
(4) I succesfully CHMOD'd (777 on my server) permissions for games.

HOWEVER: I came across some problems as described below:

(1) When in the Arcade ACP, if I click "Add Games" I get the following error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade_games.php on line 155: opendir(./../includes/arcade/games/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade_games.php on line 159: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:2975) in /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 150

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:2975) in /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 152

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:2975) in /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 153

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:2975) in /home/wolverd/public_html/forum/adm/index.php on line 154
(2) When clicking "Create Game Install File" I get the following:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade_utilities.php on line 224: acp_arcade_utilities::include(./../includes/arcade/games/1starshipNM/1starshipNM.php) [function.acp-arcade-utilities-include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade_utilities.php on line 224: acp_arcade_utilities::include(./../includes/arcade/games/1starshipNM/1starshipNM.php) [function.acp-arcade-utilities-include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade_utilities.php on line 224: acp_arcade_utilities::include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/arcade/games/1starshipNM/1starshipNM.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade_utilities.php on line 880: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
(3) When selecting a game to play - it does not load at all.

Could someone please have a look at the code submited and suggest what I failed to do right/did wrong?

Thanks in advance!
It seems this one got missed. Sorry to bump.
Linux: Beating the crap out of Redmond since 1991
My Test Board: http://www.wolverton.net.au/forum

Sunka

Post by Sunka » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:43 am

To update to v1.o from v0.7.0 in DIY Instructions say:

Next make sure to follow the template edits inside the /templates folder.
Run the included installer at http://yoursite.com/phpBB/arcade_install/install.php.......

What template edits if I just update from v0.7.0????

If I understand correct, I just must copy all files in root folder overwrite old ones, an then Run the included installer andd update database to v1.0.0

Is that correct?

EDIT: I did it that way (no template changes) and all is OK... :mrgreen:

mre03

Post by mre03 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:05 am

easygo wrote:
Larsen wrote:
Done ;)

i tried reuploading this file and i already have the up-to-date so the problem still stands unfortunately :\

Tuxman

Post by Tuxman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:16 am

[ randomly phpBBing ]

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”