[2.0.18] Cash Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 1558

fateorfantasy

Post by fateorfantasy »

wisequark wrote: it seems to work fine for me, except the shop mod doesn't display the name of the item in inventory (only the quantity). Might be a problem with my template though.

hmmm... that happened to me before, i can't remember what I did
did you run both upgrades?
tpgolf

Post by tpgolf »

How can I make it let them earn 0.10 points for a post? I want to give our people 10 cents per post.

Thanks
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

tpgolf wrote: How can I make it let them earn 0.10 points for a post? I want to give our people 10 cents per post.

Thanks

Decimal points is not a feature of Cash mod, outside of points per character (for obvious reasons).

You can (if you want) work around it by creating a 'cents' currency, although this probably isn't what you're looking for. You can also modify the database manually to allow this, but unfortunately, i can't offer support for this sort of activity.

Perhaps soon a 'Decimal-cash mod' may be released by some interested mod author, modding CM to allow decimal cash amounts.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
wisequark

Post by wisequark »

fateorfantasy wrote:
wisequark wrote:it seems to work fine for me, except the shop mod doesn't display the name of the item in inventory (only the quantity). Might be a problem with my template though.

Yeah, perhaps one didn't "take"?
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

wisequark wrote:
fateorfantasy wrote:
wisequark wrote:it seems to work fine for me, except the shop mod doesn't display the name of the item in inventory (only the quantity). Might be a problem with my template though.

Yeah, perhaps one didn't "take"?

Hi, no offense, but this is Cash Mod support, not Shop support. Please continue this discussion in the appropriate thread

thank you :-)
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

Xore wrote: You can (if you want) work around it by creating a 'cents' currency, although this probably isn't what you're looking for.

Maybe he can do what I did ?
In Phpmyadmin change the values from "integer" to "decimal", and remove the "floor()" parts in some files (I forgot which) ?
It worked for me, my currency has points and cents. ;)

Xore : to fix my problem, I can also replace the function that calls the currency by the name of my currency. I only use one currency so for my problem it's a viable solution.
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
cyb1

Cash Mod on Oracle

Post by cyb1 »

I couldn't find any other info on using Cash Mod on Oracle so I made the changes myself and posted instructions on a separate thread:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 632#717632

Hope someone finds this useful. 8)
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

thanks cyb1. i appreciate the info :-)
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
ViPeRTeck

Post by ViPeRTeck »

This is like a total idiot question, Well im viperteck!

I need a simple installation guide i uploaded all the files into the right places then i went to admin and clicked config i got this.

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

Help!
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

ViPeRTeck wrote: This is like a total idiot question, Well im viperteck!

I need a simple installation guide i uploaded all the files into the right places then i went to admin and clicked config i got this.

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

Help!

you need to make sure you upload the admin template files into the right locations also

if you're using any themes other than subSilver, you need to copy the template files into the corresponding places in all your other themes also.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
gigasonic

Post by gigasonic »

is there something i have to change in the install of cash mod to make it compatable with moogies stat mod? because when i try to install moogies mod after ive made the changes to the installation thing it gives me this error:
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [viewtopic.php] could not find:

$cash_field p.*,

MOD script line #437
is there anything i have to change in that general area of the installation thing to make it work? any ideas?
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

gigasonic wrote: is there something i have to change in the install of cash mod to make it compatable with moogies stat mod? because when i try to install moogies mod after ive made the changes to the installation thing it gives me this error:
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [viewtopic.php] could not find:

$cash_field p.*,

MOD script line #437
is there anything i have to change in that general area of the installation thing to make it work? any ideas?

are you trying to install moogie's mod before or after cash mod?
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
gigasonic

Post by gigasonic »

after i installed cash mod... ive gotten cash mod to work perfectly but i cant seem to get moogies stat mod to easy mod install(i used easy mod to install cashmod the second time(crashed my boards after the first time i hand coded it)) and it works just fine but every time i try to install moogies i get that error
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

gigasonic wrote: after i installed cash mod... ive gotten cash mod to work perfectly but i cant seem to get moogies stat mod to easy mod install(i used easy mod to install cashmod the second time(crashed my boards after the first time i hand coded it)) and it works just fine but every time i try to install moogies i get that error

i don't know whether or not moogie's mod is EM compatible or not... either way, if you're having problems installing her mod, she probably would be the better one to ask.

if you can, in your viewtopic.php, look for this text:

Code: Select all

$sql = "SELECT u.
there _should_ only be one instance of that in the file, unless you've added some other mods, in which case, look for the one that has $cash_field in it.
Camels in the Mist
Cash Mod
gigasonic

Post by gigasonic »

Xore wrote:
gigasonic wrote:after i installed cash mod... ive gotten cash mod to work perfectly but i cant seem to get moogies stat mod to easy mod install(i used easy mod to install cashmod the second time(crashed my boards after the first time i hand coded it)) and it works just fine but every time i try to install moogies i get that error

i don't know whether or not moogie's mod is EM compatible or not... either way, if you're having problems installing her mod, she probably would be the better one to ask.

if you can, in your viewtopic.php, look for this text:

Code: Select all

$sql = "SELECT u.
there _should_ only be one instance of that in the file, unless you've added some other mods, in which case, look for the one that has $cash_field in it.

ya i checked there is only one in there and it does have cash_field in it but it also has that p.* thing and im not sure if i should remove it or not

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”