[ABD] AJAX Chat

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
podgehog
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:57 pm

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by podgehog » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:01 am

i can't seem to get the chat working as a shoutbox on my portal (which is the only place i want it to be) and i'm not sure whwre i'm going wrong...

the chat works fine, but i can't get it displaying as a shout box...

any one have any ideas?

The portal is *website*/phpBB3

and the chat is installed on *website*/phpBB3/chat

i believe i've followed the shoutbox instructions ok, but i must be wrong somewhere... i'm gettin no errors, just nothign at all

if it's any help, if you look at the page source, the line

Code: Select all

<div style="width:200px;"><?php echo getShoutBoxContent(); ?></div>
is showing just

Code: Select all

<div style="width:200px;"></div>

User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:46 am

br0nks wrote:and one more... i have that error now;/

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: userName in /public_html/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php on line 28
Um, I guess you did something wrong in chat/lib/data/users.php which is not
a part of our phpbb3 related AJAXChat package, you know what I mean?
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:16 am

Venzent wrote:Is anyone else having the problem (and hopefully the solution) for the login/logout problem? Some users (not all) log in, and directly or after 10-20 seconds get logged out...On the forum of the developper are more people having this problem, but no solution.
Never happened to me as long as our board cookies settings were
correct and our chat cookie was accepted as well, sorry.

If such problems occur and everything's in place, I would start
a trial basis, excluding other sources which can lead
to logging out sometimes, e.g.

Code: Select all

$config['ipCheck'] = false;
instead of

Code: Select all

$config['ipCheck'] = true;
and so on, you know.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

Venzent
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:15 pm

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by Venzent » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:35 pm

easygo wrote: Never happened to me as long as our board cookies settings were
correct and our chat cookie was accepted as well, sorry.

If such problems occur and everything's in place, I would start
a trial basis, excluding other sources which can lead
to logging out sometimes, e.g.

Code: Select all

$config['ipCheck'] = false;
instead of

Code: Select all

$config['ipCheck'] = true;
and so on, you know.
Well, try'ed disabling checking of the ipaddress, but that didn't help. I see more posts about the cookies being right, but all i can set in the ACP regarding the cookies is the Cookie domain, which is the domain where the forum is running on (only doubt is the . in front of it, it's like .domainname.com), the Cookie name, which is phpbb3_7jov4 and the cookiepath, which is / Cookie secure is disabled, so I'm wondering what can be wrong?

User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:34 pm

Yeah, there were several posts regarding problems using wrong cookies
settings and some of them are based on localhost for any reason.
The last one got similar problems after moving to another webhoster,
and we couldn't reproduce or figure out what's going wrong there
using the same settings with which it seemed to work before.

So, no :? there's no fix no.1 available for everyone
in any case, whatever causes these problems.

Anyway! You said ::
Venzent wrote:Some users (not all) log in, and directly or after 10-20 seconds get logged out...
So, why not trying to make some users (not all ;) ) realize that it's just a cookie-based thing!?
Meaning that their browsers should accept all the cookies, related to your page, for real.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

Venzent
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:15 pm

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by Venzent » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:50 pm

I checked with the users that have the problem if the cookie's where accepted, and deleted them, and after loging in, the cookies are re-created. So that seems to work. I read somewhere else that the Google Accelerator can cause this problem to, i'm now trying to figure out if the users who have the problems, use the Google Accelerator, atleast one of them has the Google Toolbar, now I need to find out if that has the Accelerator included ;-)

br0nks
Registered User
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:11 am

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by br0nks » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:27 am

easygo wrote:
br0nks wrote:and one more... i have that error now;/

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: userName in /public_html/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php on line 28
Um, I guess you did something wrong in chat/lib/data/users.php which is not
a part of our phpbb3 related AJAXChat package, you know what I mean?
hm.. i just only add users...
i dont have phpbb3, i install ajax chat without any integration of any boards..
do u know what problem i have? and how to resolve it?

and.. how to make that new group?
with new colour?
thanks!

User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:05 am

br0nks wrote:hm.. i just only add users...
i dont have phpbb3, i install ajax chat without any integration of any boards..
do u know what problem i have? and how to resolve it?
No br0nks, I don't as it's even hardly to reproduce something
without having the same mod installed, you know.

Anyway, try to add new users as follows ::

Code: Select all

$users[3] = array();
$users[3]['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;
$users[3]['userName'] = 'user';
$users[3]['password'] = 'user';
$users[3]['channels'] = array(0,1);

$users[4] = array();
$users[4]['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;
$users[4]['userName'] = 'user2';
$users[4]['password'] = 'user2';
$users[4]['channels'] = array(0,1);
Note that their ID should be an unique integer.

That's all from my side. Go here for none-phpbb3 support ::

http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/
Last edited by easygo on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:17 am

Venzent wrote:I checked with the users that have the problem if the cookie's where accepted, and deleted them, and after loging in, the cookies are re-created. So that seems to work. I read somewhere else that the Google Accelerator can cause this problem to, i'm now trying to figure out if the users who have the problems, use the Google Accelerator, atleast one of them has the Google Toolbar, now I need to find out if that has the Accelerator included ;-)
Well, then, let me know if that feature is most likely the cause of all evil. :)
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

Venzent
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:15 pm

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by Venzent » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:35 am

After removing the cookie domain from the cookie-settings and let the users with the problems delete theyr cookies, all works ok except for 1 user. He has the Google Toolbar, but the accelerator is not included in it. But since it is only 1 user, i dare to say that the problem now is local, so from the chat side, all works ok for me. :D

hannah1
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:27 pm

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by hannah1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:29 am

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to interrupt the current post!

I was wondering if anyone could help with my problem. On the login page for the chat, when I inspect the page element, it shows the login as

<input type="hidden" name="redirect" id="redirectField" value="https://@www.record-lrc.co.uk/forum/chat/"/>

Does anyone know where to change this in the files to http? It is giving some of our users problems! As when you login, it says web page not available, because it take the user to HTTPS instead of HTTP. I have spent sooo long trying to find it in the files and I have had no luck! I would really appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks

Hannah

User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:15 pm

hannah1 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could help with my problem. On the login page for the chat, when I inspect the page element, it shows the login as

<input type="hidden" name="redirect" id="redirectField" value="https://@www.record-lrc.co.uk/forum/chat/"/>
Hi Hannah,

in that case, I suggest you to open chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php in your text editor.

Then find/replace ::

Code: Select all

			(isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) ? 'https://' : 'http://').
			(isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']) ? $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'].'@' : '').
with

Code: Select all

			(!empty($_SERVER['HTTPS']) ? 'https://' : 'http://').
			(!empty($_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']) ? $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'].'@' : '').
and try again! Hope it helps.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

hannah1
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:27 pm

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by hannah1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:36 pm

Thanks for your help!!

That hasn't worked either!

I don't have a clue why it keeps redirecting too https, I made the changes and they have made no difference either!

Thanks

Hannah

User avatar
easygo
Registered User
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by easygo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:49 pm

hannah1 wrote:That hasn't worked either!

I don't have a clue why it keeps redirecting too https, I made the changes and they have made no difference either!
Maybe, you have to purge the cache, cookies and tracks as well as to restart your browser
in order to get any effect regarding these changes.

Otherwise, try this MAXI version :)

Code: Select all

			((isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && ($_SERVER['HTTPS'] == '1' || strtolower($_SERVER['HTTPS'])=='on')) ? 'https://' : 'http://').
instead of

Code: Select all

			(!empty($_SERVER['HTTPS']) ? 'https://' : 'http://').
or check your personal edits.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

hannah1
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:27 pm

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by hannah1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:33 pm

Thank you very much for your help!

That last post solved the problem!

I am very grateful!

Thanks

Hannah

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”

cron