i like phpBB but....

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Wert
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Aguilar

i like phpBB but....

Post by Wert »

clio wrote:
I would like to be able to see the last x replies to a thread when I'm replying so I know what I'm replying to. Most boards have that, you know. ;)

Also, where's the latest subBlue templates? CVS? any changes since last week? I have some quirks and errors in my forums. :(

Per the Finn, Topic Review will be in 2.0 when it goes gold. So you have no worries there...
Chris Aguilar - AKA "Wert"
AndreStarTrek

Post by AndreStarTrek »

Samething here.
Live Long and Prosper
HomePage Star Trek DATABASE
HomePage The Hacked Board Release Board
theFinn
Founder and ex-Contributor

Post by theFinn »

We have provisions in the code for global announcements, but thus far we havn't worked out exactly how we're going to do it.

It's on the list for features included in the next release.
James 'theFinn' Atkinson
Founder & ex-Contributor
http://www.thefinn.net
dougk_ff7
Former Team Member

Post by dougk_ff7 »

Global announcements work in view forum, but not in view topic. In theory, though, it wouldn't be too hard to implement. If you want to see, just set the forum_id of an announcement to -1. Enjoy!
dougk_ff7.... stand by for sig! oooh! wow.
psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

Global announcements don't work at all at present ... and they may slip into 2.2, depends how work elsewhere goes.
The Flib

Post by The Flib »

When you call a php script, variables can be passed to the page through the url, as in url?var=this&var=that... set the appropriate variable to the appropriate value (sorry, I forgot what it was, it's late) in the URL, or just mess with it on your own board. Either way, global announcement has to go a little bit below things like, say, the install script, so I'm afraid some of the streamlining type features may not even make it into 2.2. (Not that I'm in any way qualified to say, nor should you take my word as fact, educated guess, or even remotely informed)
I am no longer doing any phpBB related projects. Except Vertex, which is only a front for Sphereal.

http://sphereal.com/
gameofhit

Post by gameofhit »

clio wrote:
also the announcements system is a bit flawed. I liked the vb style where you could just make announcements thru the admin panel and select which forums they appear in. I don't want to have to make an announcement in EVERY forum. that'll take too long. :(

There's always cut and paste.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”