Junction of Forum's

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
Manshu

Post by Manshu »

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'ultimate_forums.categories' doesn't exist

SHOW FIELDS FROM categories

Line : 261
File : /home/ultimate/public_html/merge_phpbb.php

:(:(:(
BartVB
Consultant
Consultant

Post by BartVB »

Manshu: My Paypal account is paypal at vanbragt.com :D
I Hate oversized sigs and Love Penguins :D
Manshu

Post by Manshu »

sorry but IM only 13, so no way of adding $180 to your account :(
BartVB
Consultant
Consultant

Post by BartVB »

I could give you a $40 discount and you could ask your parents :P

Anyway, you probably either don't have two separate DB's or you didn't enter the correct values at the top of the script.
Manshu

Post by Manshu »

Ive done it multiple times, everything is connected, becuase I get a whole bunch of querys, it goes lke

UPDATE so and so table
UPDATE so and so
UPDATE so and so

and at the very bottom it has that error, everything is connected
Manshu

Post by Manshu »

I tried to do it by hand but I screwed it up, Im not good at it :(
Anjay

Post by Anjay »

I know what ya mean Manshu. :(

Anyway, I'm giving up on this script.

May try a long complex thing, :P

> Convert both boards of Invision Power Board
> Use a script from Invision Power Board to merge the two forums
> Convert back to phpBB

:lol: - So far it's the only way I can see to get the job done. :P
"Be careful, when you play with fire you will always get burned, when you play with ice you will always get iced, when you play with nothing; then you are safe from all elements except your mind" ~ A Wise Old Man
BartVB
Consultant
Consultant

Post by BartVB »

I'm prepared to bugfix but I'm not going to give support to individual users. So if you can tell me what exactly goes wrong I can fix it. If you say 'it bombs out' or 'it works partially but I get an error' I really can't help you. Need to know what you did exactly and need the exact error messages.

Script worked perfectly for my forums :D
Anjay

Post by Anjay »

Well, I'll quote you what I posted in another topic:
Ok - I tried that, a few times. Either I'm doing something wrong or it just doesn't want to do what I want it to do. :P
Anyhow - This is what I want:

I have http://www.domain1.com/forum/ and http://www.domain2.com/forums/

Each forums have the prefix _phpbb, but each forum are at DIFFERENT places. Eg (if you know cPanel, you'll understand): one database is domain1_forum and the other is domain2_forum
They are both at the same host, but on different hosting accounts!

Is there a simple script to merge the two forums?

Thanks.

I must say I'm know php master, I know no php at all. Although with a good readme and clear instructions I can do anything possible. ;)

Also back onto some questions:

- I have a member at one board with the name "aaa" and there is a member at the other board also with the name "aaa" - Both people are the SAME person - what will happen?

- I have a catergory at forum1 called "DDD" and the exact same category at forum2 - will all posts in each category be merged?

"Be careful, when you play with fire you will always get burned, when you play with ice you will always get iced, when you play with nothing; then you are safe from all elements except your mind" ~ A Wise Old Man
BartVB
Consultant
Consultant

Post by BartVB »

:\ You're tricking me into giving support :P

You can use the script to merge the two databases, just read the comments at the top of the script. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKUPS though!!

Users are merged if the usernames are the same AND (password OR email) are the same.

Forums are never merged, you can do that afterwards from the admin panel (just delete one of the forums and specify the other forum as the destination for all posts/topics in the old forum).
Anjay

Post by Anjay »

:\ You're tricking me into giving support P

:lol:

You can use the script to merge the two databases, just read the comments at the top of the script. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKUPS though!!

From everything there, I cannot see how. I think what would make a lot less support requests, etc. is if you were to acually write a detailed READme. The comments at the top are really.... not very clear or precise I'm afraid. :(

Thanks for the replies to my questions though. That's brilliant.
Now just to get the script to work. :P
psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

Anjay, not wishing to put words in Bart's mouth but ... his script is provided "as-is". He obviously didn't intend to make it generally available, it's not a "Mod" or anything. It's totally a case of "use at your own risk". Thus I think it perhaps a little off to ask for a Readme :)
Manshu

Post by Manshu »

good words Paul, sorry Bart for rushin it and everythin :D

But anyways did you fix those 2 errors I got?
Manshu

Post by Manshu »

Bart??? do you know Danny? from AIM? anyways, hes the guy who I want to merge wit :) :) :) and you told him to export DB and then IMPORT on the other forum, but isnt that the whole point?! to shift the stupid ids so they dont stupidally get invlolved in the stupid thing lol so please help me, Im 13, stupid, and not as good as you @ phpBB.
Manshu

Post by Manshu »

ok, I guess your not wanting to help? anyways Il jusl ike an answer, if you dont want to help just say so, but Im not giving you $180

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”