DarkFantasy

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
Canis-Lupus

Re: DarkFantasy

Post by Canis-Lupus »

II love the theme also but I would really appreciate having this problem with the way the BBcodes are getting listed down the page fixed. They ought to list across the page like other themes on my board, saving members the trouble of having to scroll down to enter text in the text field. It's really spoiling the use of theme on our board.

Are others having this problem with bbcodes which they have addded to their board. The preinstalled ones do not have this problem. They list across the page, but the ones added by me, list down the page.

Canis-Lupus wrote:I'm having a few problems with the way the BB codes are appearing in the posting-edit page. The standard codes appear side by side, as they should, but the added ones appear down the page, making it necessary to scroll down to the editing box.

Can anyone suggest a fix to this problem. It only happens with DarkFantasy, not others.

Image included shows the problem.
Songman

Post by Songman »

I love this theme but sadly it is not nearly as exciting for my uses. My modifications take a lot of the dark fantasy element out of it.

One thing I have not let figured out is how to change the color of the font in the messages. It is a tad too light for my audience. I'm sure it is very simple but it has eluded me.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Songman

Post by Songman »

Nope, I guess no one is listening here... And I still have unreadable text. Can anyone offer a little help? Doesn't have to be the person who made the style.
Daniel Exe

Post by Daniel Exe »

As it's applying time for universities and scholarships, I'm afraid that I've been busy over the past month, and will continue to be on-and-off over the course of this year. I simply will not be able to offer "on-demand" support on phpBB.com like in the past.

Canis-Lupus: Could you post the source code of posting_buttons.html?

Songman: When you say messages, what exactly are you referring to? The post text?
All css, including text colour for various elements, can be modified by accessing theme/stylesheet.css
My phpBB3 styles: 610nm, Cerulean, CoDFaction, DarkFantasy, GuildWarsAlliance, twilightBB
http://www.gamexe.net
Songman

Post by Songman »

Hi Daniel,

And thanks.. In my case, I didn't care if you, the style creator answered necessarily. I figured someone else must have had some luck with it.

Yes, I do mean the font used in the actual posts... the font used on the main forums page to describe each section.. and basically most other fonts, such as the copyright info in the footer.

I have played with the stylesheet and tried swaping colors around but couldn't make out which names were what and changing the color numbers made no difference in the appearance of the forums. That is when I decided to ask here. I have a couple of forums running version 2 with no issues. Still trying to make heads and tails of v3. By the way, this forum is at http://www.eaglesinternational.net/forum. You will see what I mean that it hardly looks like Dark Fantasy anymore.

Good luck with your university career and kudos for putting your priority there.
Canis-Lupus

Post by Canis-Lupus »

Daniel Exe wrote: Canis-Lupus: Could you post the source code of posting_buttons.html?

Thank you for your reply. As requested, code follows:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
		// <![CDATA[

// Define the bbCode tags
		var bbcode = new Array();
		var bbtags = new Array('[b]','[/b]','[i]','[/i]','[u]','[/u]','[quote]','[/quote]','[code]','
','
  • ','
','
  • ','
','[img]','[/img]','','','[flash=]', '[/flash]','[size=]','[/size]'<!-- BEGIN custom_tags -->, {custom_tags.BBCODE_NAME}<!-- END custom_tags -->);
var imageTag = false;

// Helpline messages
var help_line = {
b: '{LA_BBCODE_B_HELP}',
i: '{LA_BBCODE_I_HELP}',
u: '{LA_BBCODE_U_HELP}',
q: '{LA_BBCODE_Q_HELP}',
c: '{LA_BBCODE_C_HELP}',
l: '{LA_BBCODE_L_HELP}',
o: '{LA_BBCODE_O_HELP}',
p: '{LA_BBCODE_P_HELP}',
w: '{LA_BBCODE_W_HELP}',
s: '{LA_BBCODE_S_HELP}',
f: '{LA_BBCODE_F_HELP}',
e: '{LA_BBCODE_E_HELP}',
d: '{LA_BBCODE_D_HELP}',
t: '{LA_BBCODE_T_HELP}',
tip: '{L_STYLES_TIP}'
<!-- BEGIN custom_tags -->
,cb_{custom_tags.BBCODE_ID}: '{custom_tags.A_BBCODE_HELPLINE}'
<!-- END custom_tags -->
}

// ]]>
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/editor.js"></script>

<!-- IF S_BBCODE_ALLOWED -->
<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" accesskey="b" name="addbbcode0" value=" B " style="font-weight:bold; width: 30px;" onclick="bbstyle(0)" onmouseover="helpline('b')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')" />
<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" accesskey="i" name="addbbcode2" value=" i " style="font-style:italic; width: 30px;" onclick="bbstyle(2)" onmouseover="helpline('i')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')" />
<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" accesskey="u" name="addbbcode4" value=" u " style="text-decoration: underline; width: 30px;" onclick="bbstyle(4)" onmouseover="helpline('u')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')" />
<!-- IF S_BBCODE_QUOTE -->
<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" accesskey="q" name="addbbcode6" value="Quote" style="width: 50px" onclick="bbstyle(6)" onmouseover="helpline('q')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')" />
<!-- ENDIF -->
<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" accesskey="c" name="addbbcode8" value="Code" style="width: 40px" onclick="bbstyle(8)" onmouseover="helpline('c')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')" />
<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" accesskey="l" name="addbbcode10" value="List" style="width: 40px" onclick="bbstyle(10)" onmouseover="helpline('l')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')" />
<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" accesskey="o" name="addbbcode12" value="List=" style="width: 40px" onclick="bbstyle(12)" onmouseover="helpline('o')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')" />
<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" accesskey="t" name="addlitsitem" value="[*]" style="width: 40px" onclick="bbstyle(-1)" onmouseover="helpline('e')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')" />
<!-- IF S_BBCODE_IMG -->
<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" accesskey="p" name="addbbcode14" value="Img" style="width: 40px" onclick="bbstyle(14)" onmouseover="helpline('p')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')" />
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF S_LINKS_ALLOWED -->
<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" accesskey="w" name="addbbcode16" value="URL" style="text-decoration: underline; width: 40px" onclick="bbstyle(16)" onmouseover="helpline('w')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')" />
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF S_BBCODE_FLASH -->
<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" accesskey="d" name="addbbcode18" value="Flash" onclick="bbstyle(18)" onmouseover="helpline('d')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')" />
<!-- ENDIF -->
<span class="genmed nowrap">{L_FONT_SIZE}: <select class="gensmall" name="addbbcode20" onchange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcode20.options[this.form.addbbcode20.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]');this.form.addbbcode20.selectedIndex = 2;" onmouseover="helpline('f')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')">
<option value="50">{L_FONT_TINY}</option>
<option value="85">{L_FONT_SMALL}</option>
<option value="100" selected="selected">{L_FONT_NORMAL}</option>
<option value="150">{L_FONT_LARGE}</option>
<option value="200">{L_FONT_HUGE}</option>
</select></span>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<br />
<!-- IF S_BBCODE_ALLOWED and .custom_tags -->
<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" name="addbbcode{custom_tags.BBCODE_ID}" value="{custom_tags.BBCODE_TAG}" onclick="bbstyle({custom_tags.BBCODE_ID})"<!-- IF custom_tags.BBCODE_HELPLINE !== '' --> onmouseover="helpline('cb_{custom_tags.BBCODE_ID}')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')"<!-- ENDIF --> /><br />
<!-- END custom_tags -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF S_BBCODE_ALLOWED -->
<!-- IF $S_SIGNATURE or S_EDIT_DRAFT --><!-- ENDIF --><input type="text" readonly="readonly" name="helpbox" style="width:90%" class="helpline" value="{L_STYLES_TIP}" /><br />
<!-- IF not $S_SIGNATURE and not S_EDIT_DRAFT -->
<div class="genmed" align="center">{L_FONT_COLOR}</div>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->[/code]

I hope all goes well with the uni applications/admissions. I appreciate your attention to this distraction.
Desires

Post by Desires »

Hii friend I also facing same problem with bbcodes. Custom BBCODES are appearing vertical how to solve this issue. Plz do help me as i love this theam and don't have any other theam and also i don't want to switch. Hope you can understand plz do help.
Desires

Post by Desires »

Hii,
Although i am a new user of phpbb and don't know much abt the style template but i like to inform that i find a solution for my problem (ie Vertical custom bbcodes) i like to share with you all hope it would help. and plz do give me feed back if any of you can do it better.

in the posting_button.html template at line 66 there is a </br> tag at the end.

<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" name="addbbcode{custom_tags.BBCODE_ID}" value="{custom_tags.BBCODE_TAG}" onclick="bbstyle({custom_tags.BBCODE_ID})"<!-- IF custom_tags.BBCODE_HELPLINE !== '' --> onmouseover="helpline('cb_{custom_tags.BBCODE_ID}')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')"<!-- ENDIF --> /><br />
		<!-- END custom_tags -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
You have to just remove the </br>

<input type="button" class="btnbbcode" name="addbbcode{custom_tags.BBCODE_ID}" value="{custom_tags.BBCODE_TAG}" onclick="bbstyle({custom_tags.BBCODE_ID})"<!-- IF custom_tags.BBCODE_HELPLINE !== '' --> onmouseover="helpline('cb_{custom_tags.BBCODE_ID}')" onmouseout="helpline('tip')"<!-- ENDIF --> 
		<!-- END custom_tags -->
	<!-- ENDIF -->
and its done. now custom bbcodes will not appear vertically Enjoy.
Canis-Lupus

Post by Canis-Lupus »

Desires wrote:Hii,
Although i am a new user of phpbb and don't know much abt the style template but i like to inform that i find a solution for my problem (ie Vertical custom bbcodes) i like to share with you all hope it would help. and plz do give me feed back if any of you can do it better.

in the posting_button.html template at line 66 there is a </br> tag at the end.
Desires, thank you, that has fixed the problem. I'm really appreciative for your post, the custom BBcode problem was irking me quite a bit. Now the universe is back in harmony. :)
MoLew

Post by MoLew »

This style looks very nice... can we expect an updated version to match phpBB 3.03 code?
MoLew

Post by MoLew »

Hmm... discovered that if images are posted via external links ("img" BB code), the forum expands to accommodate the size of the image rather than resize the image or place scroll-bars. This completely messes up the forum display.

Forum display is not affected if the image is attached. Only when the image is externally linked (and larger than the forum width) does the forum display get corrupted.
Silverburst4

Post by Silverburst4 »

Hey Everyone, Im pretty new to HTML and just set up a board with Dark Fantasy. Im trying to figure out how I can put Links on the sides (the dark greenish area on each side of the gray scrollish middle.) of my page. Im not sure which file to post my code in. Ide also like to know where to post stuff for the very top banner of the page. Thanks in advance for any help.
Silverburst4

Post by Silverburst4 »

Hey N/M guys. I got it figured out, thanks anyways.
caladbolgz

Post by caladbolgz »

Hey man, thanks for the awesome style :D

I'm trying to create my own theme based on this now and i've got a problem :(
The thing is I'm trying to change the banner on top to my own banner.

So what i did was:
- replaced my bg.jpg with my own banner. (still the same name bg.jpg)
- go to the body selector in stylesheet.css
- set the background property to top center no-repeat;

Now, my banner appears but it still repeats
Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance?

------------
My thoughts is that there is some restrictions appiled to this style or something, because i tried to change some of the other values and it doesn't work.
I'm new to this guys, my apologies if i'm not suppose to create my own style based on this.
Daniel Exe

Post by Daniel Exe »

Try using no-repeat. ie: background: url() top no-repeat;
My phpBB3 styles: 610nm, Cerulean, CoDFaction, DarkFantasy, GuildWarsAlliance, twilightBB
http://www.gamexe.net

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”