[ABD] PBWoW RC4 for phpBB 3.0.6

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Scam Warning
Kirk_Fitzgerald
Name: Kirk

Re: [DEV] PBWoW for phpBB 3.0.2

Post by Kirk_Fitzgerald »

Ah I see, considering the complexity of the template, (well, calling it a template is belittling really, you've come close to creating something like a CMS really) the core edits are minimal, very impressive indeed.
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Kirk_Fitzgerald wrote:Ah I see, considering the complexity of the template, (well, calling it a template is belittling really, you've come close to creating something like a CMS really) the core edits are minimal, very impressive indeed.
Hehe thx, but PBWoW is definetely not a CMS. Neither is phpBB. But it's nice to see other people pick it up as part of WoW website packages 'n stuff (as long as they leave the credits :lol:).

Also, you guys might wanna know that PBWoW Beta 4 will require phpBB 3.0.3 so I cannot release it untill 3.0.3 releases. I've been working with 3.0.3 builds for the last weeks now.
For more on what, where, how and why look here: http://pbwow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=284
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

This looks very very very very very nice!!! One word: Wow!!! (or WoW? ;))
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Started adding the brand new Battle.net forum skin to PBWoW.

Link to official forum: http://forums.battle.net/index.html?sid=3000

You can preview it at http://pbwow.com/forum/index.php and select PBWoW Battle.net in the styleswitcher. It's nowhere near finished yet but it's coming along nicely.
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

For those of you sending me PM's and emails about Beta 4 and other new features. Please be patient. I have to wait for phpBB 3.0.3 too. We need to wait for it because I cannot release modifications based on unreleased svn files. Beta 4 needs 3.0.3 and therefor I cannot release any updates at the moment.
incessantforce

Post by incessantforce »

Hello.I just love it Diablo 3 theme, but I read all replys in this forum and can`t understand from where to download Diablo 3 Theme for phpbb.Please help me and sorry for bad English.
Have a nice day! ;)
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

incessantforce wrote:Hello.I just love it Diablo 3 theme, but I read all replys in this forum and can`t understand from where to download Diablo 3 Theme for phpbb.Please help me and sorry for bad English.
Have a nice day! ;)
If you can... wait for phpBB 3.0.3 and get PBWoW Beta 4. It will all be much easier to install. Beta 3 is much harder to install than Beta 4.

If you really cannot wait. Head over to http://pbwow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=268 and sign up. Download the readme and install PBWoW. The Diablo theme is included and is installed together with the other themes.
incessantforce

Post by incessantforce »

PayBas wrote:
incessantforce wrote:Hello.I just love it Diablo 3 theme, but I read all replys in this forum and can`t understand from where to download Diablo 3 Theme for phpbb.Please help me and sorry for bad English.
Have a nice day! ;)
If you can... wait for phpBB 3.0.3 and get PBWoW Beta 4. It will all be much easier to install. Beta 3 is much harder to install than Beta 4.

If you really cannot wait. Head over to http://pbwow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=268 and sign up. Download the readme and install PBWoW. The Diablo theme is included and is installed together with the other themes.
Thanks again.So I wait for phpBB 3.0.3 and get PBWoW.Is there a way to delete other themes and only host forum with Diablo 3 theme.I asking, because I think to make Diablo 3 Forum for Bulgarian gamers. :) And are you know when is the release date of 3.0.3.Thanks again and have a nice day! 8-)
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

incessantforce wrote:And are you know when is the release date of 3.0.3.Thanks again and have a nice day! 8-)
No one knows exactly but it's very probable that it's going to be released this year.
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Thanks again.So I wait for phpBB 3.0.3 and get PBWoW.Is there a way to delete other themes and only host forum with Diablo 3 theme.
Yes, I updated the starting post of this thread, you might want to read it.

And are you know when is the release date of 3.0.3.Thanks again and have a nice day! 8-)
Well not really but this post is interesting.
Highway of Life wrote:Or assuming you meant 3.0.3 :P
December 13, 2007 - 3.0.0 released
April 7, 2008 - 3.0.1 released (4 months later)
July 10, 2008 - 3.0.2 released (3 months later)

We are almost at 3 months, so if trends continue we might see 3.0.3 between October 10th and November 10th.
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

PayBas , Nice Theme, but i am little confused. Well, can this theme just be used like another theme? I have about 7 skins in my forum and also would like to have this as a great WOW theme....so can people simply install the skin and not host it as a site or what ever...just want to be clear..not a rookie thou ;)

so i can install it with the mods and stuff and i will get all the themes plus the default and can be changed from my theme changer mod or some thing like that aye ?
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Yes, although the installation of Beta 3 is very different from other (normal) styles, it can work alongside them easily. The PBWoW mods should not pose a problem for any other styles.

However, some of the styleswitching features you can see in the starting post are for Beta 4 only. My advise to you: If you are running a somewhat bigger board and use multiple styles besides PBWoW then I suggest you wait for Beta 4 which is a lot more "admin friendly".
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

PayBas wrote:Yes, although the installation of Beta 3 is very different from other (normal) styles, it can work alongside them easily. The PBWoW mods should not pose a problem for any other styles.

However, some of the styleswitching features you can see in the starting post are for Beta 4 only. My advise to you: If you are running a somewhat bigger board and use multiple styles besides PBWoW then I suggest you wait for Beta 4 which is a lot more "admin friendly".

Allright...would love to do that....how long do you reckon beta 4, i mean bb3 ;) ?

may be a week or two ?
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

AcidRain wrote:Allright...would love to do that....how long do you reckon beta 4, i mean bb3 ;) ?

may be a week or two ?
Hard to say. I am guessing November 15th. And I base that on absolutely nothing :mrgreen:.

As soon as phpBB 3.0.3 comes out I will have to check all my mods and templates to see if things can be optimized and improved given the new code. I've somewhat been keeping an eye on the SVN of 3.0.3 and the changes don't seem to be huge. At least not for my personal mods.

So, depending on how busy I'll be by the time 3.0.3 comes out, we should be seeing Beta 4 about 2-5 days afterwards.
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

@Paybas.

I just wanted to know..mainly i need this great WOW theme for the WoW players of my forum at forums.tomorrowsgaming.com have a look and you can see we have a skinchanger thing there..so people who dont like a skin can use this skin..

I dont need much Admin stuff and quite well known with phpbb...so if i install this style now or for the people who installed this now can they update it later on with bb3.3 is released and beta 4 is out ?? because i want to install it now..
thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”