Milestone Congratulations

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Milestone Congratulations
Author: MartectX
Modification description: Enables the setup of milestones for members to reach. These may consist of (numbers freely adjustable): Making the 1000th post, creating the 1000th topic or registering as the 50th user. The user accomplishing a goal will be displayed on the index page until the next milestone is reached. Upon reaching a milestone the counter automatically increments by an (once again) adjustable amount.

For every accomplished goal a database entry is created which can be used with medals, cash or points of any kind; also there's a new "history page" that displays all milestones.

Included is also the option to integrate Milestone Congratulations with Simple Points System.
Modification version: 1.2.8
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.2

Download file: milestone_congratulations_1.2.8.zip
File size: 87.57 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 11 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

Translations:

[/size]
This mod is a remake of Beitragsgratulierer for phpBB2.

w00t!! phpBBweekly elected this Mod of The Week in episode 85 (begin listening at 83:22). Thanks! 8-)

subSilver2: posts and topics, history disabled

proSilver: posts, topics and users, history enabled, admin view

Admin Control Panel Module

proSilver: Milestone History Page

subSilver2: Milestone History Page

Example output on "Who's Online?" Page
Last edited by MartectX on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
madshark

Re: Milestone Congratulations

Post by madshark »

sounds/looks brilliant !!! downloading now will test out in a few minutes ...ive been doing this manually on my forum all this time...

Update : Tested works perfect no issues great work thanks much

just one more thing is it possible to list the already past milestones before the mod was installed as well ??

also wonder how hard it would be for someone to develop an integration to give a small medal when a user hits a milestone that will display under a rank image / avatar on view topic ...
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

madshark wrote:just one more thing is it possible to list the already past milestones before the mod was installed as well??
To my regret this is not possible.
madshark wrote:also wonder how hard it would be for someone to develop an integration to give a small medal when a user hits a milestone that will display under a rank image / avatar on view topic ...
Not hard at all!
madshark

Post by madshark »

MartectX wrote:
madshark wrote:just one more thing is it possible to list the already past milestones before the mod was installed as well??
ah thats fine ... wouldve been nice tho do you reckon its impossible ? woonder if it will be possible to manually add in the data to the db ?? think that will work ?
MartectX wrote:
madshark wrote:also wonder how hard it would be for someone to develop an integration to give a small medal when a user hits a milestone that will display under a rank image / avatar on view topic ...
Not hard at all!
are you hoping to compile it any time soon ?? :mrgreen: lol
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

madshark wrote:
MartectX wrote:
ah thats fine ... wouldve been nice tho do you reckon its impossible ? woonder if it will be possible to manually add in the data to the db ?? think that will work ?
Not automatically, because the mod is not clairvoyant. Consider this:

User A makes the 1000th post.
User B makes the 1001th post.
User C makes the 2000th post.
User D makes the 2001th post.

Now you the administrator may delete post nr. 5 because it has no value anymore (an old announcement for example).

Then Milestone Congratulations does its evil work and counts the posts that exist on your board, only now user B made the 1000th post and user D made the 2000th!

Ergo: Retroactively this cannot be determined; only through daily backups which you would have to go through and look up the respective posters manually (I did that for my board)! Insert your findings into the phpbb_milestones table and it will automatically show up in the history.
madshark wrote:
MartectX wrote:
Not hard at all!
are you hoping to compile it any time soon ?? :mrgreen: lol
If any time soon means "this year" for you, then probably yes. You're welcome to try it yourself, though!
madshark

Post by madshark »

yes i see your point ...

but i highly highly doubt ill delete anything older that's there at the moment ...

so i have a list of all the members who hit the milestones ... from what you say if i just add them in the db they will show up on the history page ??

although i was looking at phpmy admin and ill probably have to run a sql query right to add them to the db... ?

ive never added anything in manually before so what sort of structure will the querry have to be to add

user id 3
milestone 1000
type : 1 (which is posts)

within this years great id say, lol ... i dont have any experience writing mods so i think ill just wait ;)
Sunka

Post by Sunka »

Congratulation on validation :mrgreen:
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

madshark wrote:ive never added anything in manually before so what sort of structure will the querry have to be to add

user id 3
milestone 1000
type : 1 (which is posts)

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_milestones` ( `user_id` , `milestone` , `type` )
VALUES ('3', '1000', '1');
orc_dragoon

Post by orc_dragoon »

I just installed this mod and I kinda like it, but since my forum has vary low activity Ill have to see how well it works, before i say anymore.
madshark

Post by madshark »

thought it had too look something like that ! thanks MartectX....

type 2 is topics and type 3 is member number right ?
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

madshark wrote:thought it had too look something like that ! thanks MartectX....

type 2 is topics and type 3 is member number right ?
Aye, I chose numbers over language strings as they're easier to sort.
madshark

Post by madshark »

Not complaining maite just double checking ;) ... I added the posters to the history successfully :mrgreen: i think im done with bugging you with questions will keep a look out for the add ons ... thanks again and great mod
Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

If this integrated with Medals MOD and Adrian's Advanced Points MOD...I'd be in heaven. :lol:
Kiss me, I'm Polish!

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”