CM4F, Community Messaging 4 Forum
CM2F is an addon to phpBB based forums that allows to receive to integrate phpBB forums and any mailbased communication workflow:
- Other Forums,
- and Newsletters.
The system is fully escalable and able to take very high loads without impacting the overall forum performance as all the physical check or email delivery are being made in the background.
The system supports an unlimited of entry channels that are processed into 2 steps:
- InputStreams which actually fetchs the messages from the source applying some basic check and filtering that allows the system to perform easy integration.
- MailStreams, which are the second level of filtering (optional) and that allows the system to implement more advanced routing and filtering processes into CM2F, allowing the system to perform better and accuratly route messages into the forum, even in the case where there is no information about the messages.
The integration of messages into the forum can be made in several predefined modes that are intented to make the life of the administrator easier:
- AUTOMATIC, all the messages are automatically routed accordingly on the rules define in InputStreams and MailStreams
- INTERACTIVE, the system will save the messages in CM2F and then give the hability to the administrator or moderators to actually route interactively the messages into the Forum.
- REPLYMATIC, a mixed of the two previous modes, the first message being manually routed, all following messages belonging to the same thread being routed with the rule applied to first message.
- BAYESIAN, the system using Bayes rules is taugh on how to route some messages, once teached, it will automtically learn to route all other messages.
Once the messages in the forum, CM2F implements very advanced features to get the messages sent out of the forum. The system supports unlimited of F2MStreams, or configurations on how to sent the messages. The result can be fully configurable at all level, from the language, format, From Emails, To, usage of BCC or other field, Destination, etc...
The system can make the forum to act as a mailinglist, without the need o f any external mailinglist software, allowing subscribes, unsubscribes, digests, etc...
Or to be integrated with external mailinglists, groups that allows the admin to better suit the system to its needs.
CM2F architecture make the systems higly configurable, flexible and portable, being the system easily ported to almost any flavor of the phpBB software:
phpBB for Mambo
MDForum for MDPro
MOSphpBB for MosPLus(Mambo variant)
xphpbb and xphpbbi for Xoops
phpBB for geeklog
A part from this, the system is now being betatested for the SMF Forum and will very soon being available for :
NewBB for Xoops
XarBB for Xaraya( Without administration integration at this phase)
Being the only time consumming activity the port of the administration interface used by CM2F that cannot be made platform indenpendent.
CM2F Groups is now at 1.0 Preview Version.
It can be downloaded from www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org
It can be tested in the supported environments with following configurations
just to remember that CM2F for phpBB can be tested at
URL TEST EMAIL Test
---------------------------------------------------Original Message in Thread--------------------------------------------
after a couple of months away of any development, i am finally getting back to track.
I am the original author of the m2f code that has been released in http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/m2f
and that has been continued by another development group (m2t.netclectic.com).
During my absence i have had time to think about the development roadmap that i wanted to the project, and so i have decided that to change its name to CM2F Comunity Manager (Community Manager to Forum). With this naming convention change, no confusion will be made with the other development group that is doing a good job.
This was it is describing better the future development path of the module, it will always consist in 2 versions, one standalone and one integrated with the PostNuke and PNPhpBB2. This will allow the integration of 3 worlds that can greatly improve community management.
I will be having a demo working for debugging at the following site
by tomorrow. and i hope to release my version by mid september.
The functionalites are basically the following ones:
- Mailing list integration in phpbb2
- Interactively (meaning that for each thread you decide the destination forum.
- Automatically, by default a mailing list is defined to be integrated in a forum.
- phpbb2 to mailing list integration
- this means that the threads posted into a forum can be sent to the mailing list, or to the people which as subscribed to the particular forum.
- Mail colllection through Sendmail, Mbox, Pop,IMAP, Mailing list Archives files
- Meaning that you will be able configure the system to receive
instantly the mailing lists or it is possible to get the messages, or to import all the messages archived.
- Language options and translation
- Control panel menu to configure all the options and to control the functionalities of the site.
-In the version integrated with postnuke, i am currently working on a new news system that will have the articles as the first message in the a phpbb thread.
I will be posting some screenshots during the next days since all the interfaces are ready (although would need some improvements).
The demo site will be in Spanish but if some one have some mailing lists content in other languages that could be used as demonstration i would be very glad to integrate their archives and mailing lists in my system.